Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Two Ceratosauruses vs Allosaurus

Hive King

Can you make this into like, one thread with a poll or two that you update every week or something? These are getting really clogging, especially since not that many people reply and you make so many. kthxbai

Anyways, for relevance purposes, the second one.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, betting on the Ceratosauruses, here.

The size difference is problematic, but let's not forget that Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus had rather weak bites, and this might be a "death by a thousand cuts" fight, which benefits the pair.

Still, a good body check form Allo could win it if he can assure the kill.

Eh, betting on the Ceratosauruses, here.

The size difference is problematic, but let's not forget that Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus had rather weak bites, and this might be a "death by a thousand cuts" fight, which benefits the pair.

Still, a good body check form Allo could win it if he can assure the kill.

Weak bites? Perhaps for one of those larger herbivores, but both are lightly build enough that it doesn't really matter. The Ceratosaur's teeth are larger though.

Honestly you need to define where they are fighting to really be sure.  Allosaurus has a more rigid skeleton and was made to chase down prey on open lands.  Ceratosaurus was shorter but more flexible/nimble and would have been better suited to weaving around obstacles in forested areas.   So if this fight is on the plains, Allosaurus is going to kick some ass.  If it meets the Ceratosaurus in the woods then they will win.

Morrison_theropods.png

• Brohoof 1

Honestly you need to define where they are fighting to really be sure.  Allosaurus has a more rigid skeleton and was made to chase down prey on open lands.  Ceratosaurus was shorter but more flexible/nimble and would have been better suited to weaving around obstacles in forested areas.   So if this fight is on the plains, Allosaurus is going to kick some ass.  If it meets the Ceratosaurus in the woods then they will win.

img-3133811-1-Morrison_theropods.png

I think the numbers edge is enough that no matter what, if there is no ambushing, the ceratosaurs can win.

But for the sake of argument, let's say it takes place on a mountainous area with plenty of rock formations

Probably a good thing Torvosaurus wasn't included here.

As long as the Allo, but twice as heavy and just overall superior in a fight,

Probably a good thing Torvosaurus wasn't included here.

As long as the Allo, but twice as heavy and just overall superior in a fight,

Obviously, including him would be spite

Wasn't this a matchup on Jurassic Fight Club? :lol:

I get the feeling that irl two Ceratosauruses wouldn't dare stray into the Allosaurus' territory. I'm putting my money on the Jurassic's apex predator over these two scrubs

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Wasn't this a matchup on Jurassic Fight Club? :lol:

I get the feeling that irl two Ceratosauruses wouldn't dare stray into the Allosaurus' territory. I'm putting my money on the Jurassic's apex predator over these two scrubs

It wasn't. One of them was cheap shotted and killed before it could even notice the attack and the other wasn't there at the time. This is two on one, not one on one.

Also, Jurassic Fight Club sucks in terms of accuracy

It wasn't. One of them was cheap shotted and killed before it could even notice the attack and the other wasn't there at the time. This is two on one, not one on one.

Also, Jurassic Fight Club sucks in terms of accuracy

Yeah Jurassic Fight Club was dumb af lol. Although it was fun to watch, much in the same way Ancient Aliens is. lol History Channel is such a fail though

• Brohoof 2

I think the numbers edge is enough that no matter what, if there is no ambushing, the ceratosaurs can win.

But for the sake of argument, let's say it takes place on a mountainous area with plenty of rock formations

Assuming the Ceratosaurs can coordinate like other pack predators then I think they could take on an Apex predator in such an area.

How? They're not that much smaller, it's like two wolves going after a mastiff

The Allosaurus has the higher level of intelligence, and it's much more capable of worse lethal blows, thanks to the big ass claws it had. Ceratasauruses' horns worked to attract and defend females like typical lions, and were barely used in hunting.

They're not Carnotaurus.

Edited by Darker

The Allosaurus has the higher level of intelligence, and it's much more capable of worse lethal blows, thanks to the big ass claws it had. Ceratasauruses' horns worked to attract and defend females like typical lions, and were barely used in hunting.

They're not Carnotaurus.

That's like saying a human can defeat two rottweilers leaping at them because they're smarter. Also, the claws are about the same size as Ceratosaurus's and either of them wouldn't use them too much. 

I'm not saying the horns make a difference, it's the fact that killing one would be a challenge for the Allosaurus, not a huge challenge, but still. Two is too much for him to take down

That's like saying a human can defeat two rottweilers leaping at them because they're smarter. Also, the claws are about the same size as Ceratosaurus's and either of them wouldn't use them too much. 

I'm not saying the horns make a difference, it's the fact that killing one would be a challenge for the Allosaurus, not a huge challenge, but still. Two is too much for him to take down

I'm not sure the two Ceratosauruses would attack so sure to something bigger than them. I see the Allosaurus getting injured, maybe even badly, but not losing. Such a powerful Apex predator like that.

I'm not sure the two Ceratosauruses would attack so sure to something bigger than them. I see the Allosaurus getting injured, maybe even badly, but not losing. Such a powerful Apex predator like that.

Most big animals wouldn't fight in the first place, their fear is removed. 

And that's a bit of a myth. The Ceratosaurus was more primitive, but it survived alongside it and there are no signs that it was less successful

Most big animals wouldn't fight in the first place, their fear is removed. 

And that's a bit of a myth. The Ceratosaurus was more primitive, but it survived alongside it and there are no signs that it was less successful

Oh, so these dinosaurs are bloodlusted.

I now see Allosaurus losing.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

None they’re all extinct, Mother Nature won on this one as 1# apex predator :devious: