Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Forum's Most Ridiculously Convoluted Game!

Gatekeeper Giggle

Object of Game: Try to figure out what rule other posters are following while trying to hide what rule you are following.

How To Start

Step 1: Choose one of the rules below to follow. Don't tell anyone what rule you are following.

Step 2: Start posting stuff! You can post whatever you want in this topic, as long as your post is over at least 50 characters! 

Basic Rules:

1. You have to follow whatever rule you've chosen to follow, in every post you make.
  2. If you break whatever rule you've chosen to follow, be it for any reason at all, you must go back and edit the post that breaks the rule to say "I'm sorry" and absolutely nothing else.
  3. You can only follow one rule at a time.
  4. You are not allowed to change what rule you're following until you lose. Only then do you start over with a new rule. You then keep following that rule until you lose again, and so on.
  5. Obviously, all global site rules still apply! Their rules trump these rules!
  6. No going back to edit your posts! Not unless you're editing it to say I'm sorry.

How to Win and Lose

If you think that you've discovered what rule another user is following, then you make a challenge post.

Simply mention whatever user you are challenging and then state what rule you think they are following. The user you challenged then quotes your challenge post and says whether you were right or not in a reply post. If you are correct, then the user you challenged loses, and you get a point. If you are wrong then you lose! Reply posts and challenge posts must be under 50 characters. 

THE RULES:

• Odd Rule: Your posts can only be odd numbered.
  • Even Rule: Your posts can only be even numbered.
  • Fool's Rule: Every time you post, you've must have the words "I AM A FOOL" written somewhere in your post. Yes, they have to be in bold and be capitalized.
  • Erudite Rule: You have to include at least one word that is six or more syllables in your post. You must also use said word correctly, and it must be spelled correctly!
  • Grommer Rule: You have to include one grammatical error in your post. Just one, no more, no less.
  • Ponies Rule!: You must include the name of a pony from the MLP TV show in each post you make. Yes, it has to be a pony name, so no names of beings that aren't equine in nature. 
  • B) Rule: You must have at least one emoticon in your post.
  • Alliteration Rule: You must have some amazingly awesome alliteration all about your post.

Golden Rules: Each of these rules costs one point to choose. If you don't have at least one point, you can't chose to follow any of these special rules!

• Changeling Rule: Every single time you post you choose a different non golden rule to follow. You may not choose the same rule consecutively.
  • Fake Administrator Rule: In each post you make you must announce that you are following this rule. While following this rule you can't lose unless an actual administrator or moderator challenges you. 
  • Discord Rule: Your post may contain whatever you want! You can even ignore the 50 characters or more limit! However, you can still be challenged, so be careful!  

Pro Tip: The secret to winning this game is to "pretend" to follow rules that you aren't actually following!

img-3171004-1-5sSbAlH.gif

Edited by Stormgiggle

So the subject can be random, then? I assume so, I shall post randomly. Sounds like this game should turn out to be most intangelizing.

Question: do we keep posting under the rule we're following or is it just one post.

You absolutely must keep following whatever rule you've chosen, and it counts for every post you make until you lose. Also, I AM A FOOL.

You're using the the fool's rule, obviously.

I have another question. if I try to guess what rule somebody is following, do I have to give a reason or can I randomly guess?

Edited by Banul

(edited)
You're using the the fool's rule, obviously.

Nope! I was only pretending to follow fool's rules!

I have another question. if I try to guess what rule somebody is following, do I have to give a reason or can I randomly guess?

You are allowed to randomly guess, but I don't recommend it...

Pro Tip: The secret to winning this game is to "pretend" to follow rules that you aren't actually following!

It's perfectly legal to fake following a rule to trick other people. As long as you are still following the original rule you choose.

Edited by Stormgiggle

Wow, someone is actually trying to play this Celestia darned game!? I AM A FOOL

Hey, you! The one who said I AM A FOOL! I believe you are following the odd rule! Oh, Celestia, I hope I'm right...

Stormgiggle, on 17 Oct 2014 - 12:57 PM, said: Wow, someone is actually trying to play this Celestia darned game!? I AM A FOOL!  Hey, you! The one who said I AM A FOOL! I believe you are following the odd rule! Oh, Celestia, I hope I'm right...

Curses! You are right! Oh, the shame, beaten at my own game!