Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Defending a Fellow Brony

(edited)

Swagalicious story. Totally worth not TL;DRing. Show them who's the Brony in town.

Posted Image

Edited by Ashbad

(edited)

Swagalicious story. Totally worth not TL;DRing. Show them who's the Brony in town.

Posted Image

What's TL;DR(ing)?

Anyhow, I wanted to revive this thread. Not to be a douche, but because I'm interested in reading others' stories. So, please, I know I'm not the only one with such an experience. Post yours! :o

EDIT: C'mon, post some stories >___<

Edited by Guest

What's TL;DR(ing)?

TL;DR means "Too Long; Didn't Read". TL;DRing means that you found something too long, and just sorta skimmed it or didn't read it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

We now have many closet bronies in my PE class. I still get the "gang o' badass thugs" who follow me and mock from behind.

I still consider any opinions and thoughts they have invalid.

B)

Once you've gone through a tough experience, it's not game over. Keep playing until you beat the level. Then you'll become...

post-2915-0-11352400-1334720799.jpg

This guy.

I never done it in RL simply becuz i don't go school anymore.But i might go to college, who knows?I do stand up for bronies online by trolling and winning arguments with narrow minded ppl online.I love sqeezing the minds of anti-bronies.

Idk, if i have the will to expose my obsession for fim to the world.not becuz i'm scared, but cuz i know it will backfire and cause trouble.humans aren't exactly nice and i know that for a fact.this whole fim obsession of mine is a secret to everyone i know except online.it's really quite a shame that i can only expose myself here.i live in ghettoish area mutha fuckas down here don't understand fim and would probably fight or jump my ass.

anyway, if i knew a fellow brony was being tormented i'd back him up at a heart beat.atleast i'll someone to talk with. LOL

I must say, this is definitely awesome on many levels. Thankfully, I haven't had too many problems where I live about it though. I'm fortunate enough to where most of the people here actually just don't care. I openly flaunt two keychains. One of Twilight, one of Lilly Blossom, and Winter Wrap Up is my text ringtone. My attitude on it is, if they can't accept me for who I am, then they don't deserve to be around me.

That being said, I would stand up for a fellow brony if I needed/had the opportunity to. I don't know how far I could actually go, and I can't actually say with certainty until I'm actually put in the situation, but all that being said, It doesn't matter what the buck someone watches. Every single person is just that a person. And in my opinion, No person should have the right to get violent and start hitting someone else, or abusing someone else in anyway, (including verbally [unless provoked]) over a television preference. Simple Solution people, they don't like it? they can change the channel and keep their hooves, and there smart-alic remarks to themselves

Good to see some people doing well. My conversion crusades have been more like the Pyrrhic War, and I'm Pyrrhus. I gain one brony and lose two friends. Another brony at my school and I will be in a bad state. One more such victory will undo me!

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

OK, mine isn't as serious as some of the others I've read, but it's pretty important to me, I don't think anyone in my family has accpeted me being a brony and it really bothers me sometimes, a cousin who's temporarily living with us and my brother just make fun of me for it (even though my brother seems sort of interested) and my parents just don't seem to give (strong langauge and reference warning) a flying feather, and my friends (I've posted some PMVs on Facebook) don't acknowledge it at all, and it makes me think either they don't care as well, or just haven't seen them, but that doesn't bother me as much.

I'm sure there's other bronies who have had this problem and I also know there probably isn't anything much anypony can do, but if you think there is, please use it/them

Hey. I know how you're feeling. Personally, I know that this is hard. My family treats me like a child because I became a brony after watching it with my niece. The thing is, it not that they aren't caring, but in fact, it a matter of not understanding. I'll share some advice life taught me growing up in some unpleasant situations. It's really not too different from being a brony as well. People discourage what they can not or will not understand. I'll use bullying as an example. 9 out of 10 bullies do so out of conditioning, or more simply 9 out of 10 bullies become that because they themselves were bullied. Now let's switch things up. Here's the situation you face. You are being misunderstood and these people just won't accept you. Well, the odds are that 9 out of 10 of them just don't see the situation from your eyes. Because of that, they don't understand your point of view. That's okay. not everyone is open minded in everything. So, the solution. sit down and talk. Usually, with most misunderstandings and problems of this nature, the idea should be to explain your situation. Like, for example, Explain what you enjoy about it. Some people use it to bond, some people like the art style, others the cheery merry-go's of the main characters and other's... myself included... find common ground with certain characters. Common grounds are valuable tools for helping understand.

If they still don't understand, let them know that whether or not they understand, everyone is unique and like different things. Some people like sports, others like music, you like shows that encourage friendship (Which in itself can also be used to explain why you became a brony if it relates.) Ultimately, you can't solve anything without trying to explain the situation. Words are a powerful tool. And in most cases, explaining will open their eyes to why you enjoy being a brony. Using words, leads to understanding. So, try talking and see if that helps. Ultimately the goal is not always acceptance, but understanding. If they understand, then whether they accept it or not, at least they will know the how and why.

Sorry for the long winded reply. I really hope this helps. As for the bullies that I didn't sort out. The reason is simple. Those 1 in 10 are just idiots. alright. Bad joke to end the serious talk, but seriously, this helps to get the point across. give it a go. You'll never know until you try.

Very cool dude!!! Haven't been a brony long enough myself to figure out if any of my friends are bronies as well (doesn't help that I'm away from my college interning at D.C., but that'll be over soon enough).

I have to sadly admit that before I was a brony, I basically once played the role of Derp in your story. Now, I wasn't acting like some rage-tard gorilla or anything, but last semester I did learn that one of my friends was a brony at the time (he's since stopped watching, but simply because he it was a time constraint; nobody actually pressured him to stop watching). So one night were going to hear a speaker, and the subject somehow gets brought up; I and the other one or two friends with him are incredulous, and we give him a bit of a hard time for it, but mostly for laughs, nothing mean-spirited or anything. I myself mostly just kept asking, seriously, "WHY? Why do you watch it? What's honestly appealing about it?". My friend, being somewhat embarassed, mostly just shrugged and really couldn't answer, and now I think I know why, since, after watching the show, I think you really do have to watch it to understand how awesome it is.

Thankfully, this story has a happy ending. I'd heard about G4 before, but my friend's story was the first time I'd heard of anyone in the college age group, much less a guy, watching the show. So, a few months later, I looked into the brony culture a bit more, and eventually, after watching some great parodies on YouTube, decided to check out a few episodes. Now, I'm all the way through season 1, making my way through season 2, and an official brony! So, now I am no longer an ignorant hater (or at least just ignorant person, like I said, it's not like I went out of my way or anything to make fun of anyone I knew who watched the show), and my friend, inadvertently, is at least partially responsible for my bronification!!! I even contacted him about (quite discretely) on Facebook, mostly to apologize for any crap I gave him about it, and to tell him about how I'd started watching the show. Sad that he's not a brony anymore, but the good news is he's engaged to his girlfriend; can't wait to see them both next semester! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

C'mon people! I'm reviving this thread because I want to hear of all the "interesting" experiences you guys have had.

I'm noticing a lot of people posting their badass situations, and I'm sure there are more out there. I'd like to make this a "memorable experience" thread, because those make for the best stories to tell. Heck, you don't even need t have one -- like I said, what would you do if, hypothetically, you were thrown into an uncomfortable situation regarding your brony-ness?

On a side note, I've stopped receiving as much s#@% from the "fellas" in my gym class. We had a fitness test and we Froshers showed up the Sophs.

I'd like to say about 2/5 of my first period class watches the show now.

Things only get better once you stop caring about how others view you.

B)

I look forward to reading more posts!

• 4 weeks later...