Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you be able to guess your fellow brony is actually a man or a woman?

Unpredictable Ranger

Which brony are you?  

105 users have voted

1. 1. And you are a...?

• Male brony whose MLPforums representation is a female pony
    • Male brony whose MLPforums representation is a male pony
    • Female brony whose MLPforums representation is a female pony
    • Female brony whose MLPforums representation is a male pony
    • Transgender brony whose MLPforums representation is a female pony
    • Transgender brony whose MLPforums representation is a male pony
    • Bigendered brony whose MLPforums representation is a female pony
    • Bigendered brony whose MLPforums representation is a male pony
  2. 2. Else, if your representtion is not pony-related, which one are you?

• Male brony whose MLPforums representation is male but it's not pony-related
    • Female brony whose MLPforums representation is male but it's not pony-related
    • Transgender brony whose MLPforums representation is male but it's not pony-related
    • Bigendered brony whose MLPforums representation is male but it's not pony-related
    • Male brony whose MLPforums representation is female but it's not pony-related
    • Female brony whose MLPforums representation is female but it's not pony-related
    • Transgender brony whose MLPforums representation is female but it's not pony-related
    • Bigendered brony whose MLPforums representation is female but it's not pony-related
    • Male brony whose MLPforums representation is unisex/neuter but it's not pony-related
    • Female brony whose MLPforums representation is unisex/neuter but it's not pony-related
    • Transgender brony whose MLPforums representation is unisex/neuter but it's not pony-related
    • Bigendered brony whose MLPforums representation is unisex/neuter but it's not pony-related

(edited)

Note before you vote:

Transgender here means that you were originally born one gender but then later you went through operation or treatments to change your gender to the opposite gender of who you were born as.

Bigendered people are very rare, please DO NOT vote for the bigendered option in the poll if you were not born with two genders, thank you very much.

Also, I'm sorry that those who had voted (including me) can't revote....

@@Chigens and Kay, is there any way we can get around with this voting issue?

Hi all, I find it intriguing that most of us wear pony avatars of the opposite gender than the actual genders of the bronies ourselves, while some would be representing themselves with the pony avatars which correspond to their true genders irl.

So, in your opinion, before your fellow bronies said which gender(s) they actually are, which bronies have you guessed the accurate gender regardless of their avatars/signatures/usernames are?

Oh man, I think I better change my username to Rainbow Dash in case no one uses that username in here.

Edited by SteffaMA Larsondrews
  • Brohoof 5

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Technically my representation on these forums is a female pony, but that's because it's an AppleJack avatar, my OC is Male.

Could you specify whether you are determining our "Representation" to be purely our Avatar or our OC?

My OC and avatar is a male pony, I guess it can be confusing at times if someones male or not if they're OC isn't their gender. And also if they don't have an OC in their avatar or something :P. or at all.

Most of the time I just assume someone male until told otherwise, or if its really obvious.

On a side note, I never knew it was possible to be bi-gendered. Learn something new everyday :P.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What is an OC, is it the avatar or something else that people known you as just by one glance at our general profiles in the forum (in post replies, not in full View Profile page)?

an oc is an original character to be used for avatars or rolepalying, in sort, it is a "ponysona" of the person online,

the more you know

Edited by Staticthor Draconus
  • Brohoof 3

What is an OC, is it the avatar or something else that people known you as just by one glance at our general profiles in the forum (in post replies, not in full View Profile page)?

OC is the abbreviation for "Original Character," or rather a fan character of the show. A ponysona.

I'm female, and I like to represent Applejack, who's my favorite, and Clarity is female, so...yeah.

• Brohoof 4

An OC is an original character someone makes. Sometimes, people use their OCs for their avatar. When OCs are ponified versions of the creator, it is called a ponysona. OCs are used in fanfictions and roleplays.

• Brohoof 1

My representation on the forums, is a female pony because it shows Spitfire. I'm basically a male brony, and well it is very easy to figure out for some but difficult for others.

OC is the abbreviation for "Original Character," or rather a fan character of the show. A ponysona.

I'm female, and I like to represent Applejack, who's my favorite, and Clarity is female, so...yeah.

An OC is an original character someone makes. Sometimes, people use their OCs for their avatar. When OCs are ponified versions of the creator, it is called a ponysona. OCs are used in fanfictions and roleplays.

i beat you both to it

but hey, im the only true human here, so does this really even apply that im my own oc...sort of

for more info, go to the link in my sig

• Brohoof 1

My first avatar was a ponified Ezio Auditore which is so far the only avatar aside from my last avatar which had BIg Macintosh carrying filly Applejack on his back which actually matches my gender. Neither one of my signatures my first and longest used one being an Applejack one and my current one being an advertizement for the Luna fanclub I formed match my gender. Despite this discrepancy though I do see a bit of myself in each of the ponies that have featured in my avatars and sigs so in a sense they do sort of represent me.

• Brohoof 1

i beat you both to it

Well, no offense, but your description isn't entirely accurate, because creating a character like the ones from the show isn't exactly "original". 

• Brohoof 3

I see, thank you for the definition, everyponywub.png 

@@Lostthe "Representation" I meant is purely based on your avatars or usernames or signatures because not everyone knows your OC if they don't venture much into the forums (for example, new bronies like myself).

I'd think that most bronies' avatars would be female, due to the Equestria population being 75% female.

And for the bronies that make female OCs, that seems normal, because most of the bronies I've talked to, say that they dislike the stallions' "blocky design".      

So I wouldn't be surprised if most men had female OCs/avatars/signatures.

~Luna

• Brohoof 2

How exactly "blocky" is |blocky|? And by saying the design is |blocky| for the male ponies, do you mean the design for the colts or for the stallions?

Big Mac, Shining Armour, Prince Blueblood... not the most aesthetically appealing ponies, at least in my eyes. I want something that looks, well, cuter. And with larger eyes!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I answered: "Male brony whose MLPforums representation is a male pony". I don't have still any OC, so i can't pay attention roleplays or such a creating things. I'm around here to search friends and trying to keep up with other events.

Edited by Thunderlight
  • Brohoof 1

I am a guy, but my representation (name and avatar) is a female pony. If I don't know a user's gender, then I usually assume that person is male, especially since the community is predominantly male

Also, OP, your rainbow-colored text is extremely hard on the eyes.

• Brohoof 1

@@Twilicorn, I'm sorry, I was in a flamboyant mood when I was typing that (I am bipolar).

I already voted in the poll, but somehow because I had made a mistake in the poll options, I deleted the one that I voted for and re-edit the entire poll, so looks like now I can't re-vote (thus, my gender remain a mystery mwahahahaha).

By the way, can you tell if a newbie is a male or female?

@@Goose, well, I think Shining Armor and Big Macintosh are great, I like the way they design these two characters (with Shining Armor as my fave colt). Well, blocky means more masculinity and less femininity, to me.

well, I think Shining Armor and Big Macintosh are great, I like the way they design these two characters (with Shining Armor as my fave colt). Well, blocky means more masculinity and less femininity, to me.

They're good for the way they represent those characters, I wouldn't have them any other way... but if I was gonna design an OC for myself, I would definitely make him far less blocky and Clydesdale-ish, closer to the female ponies.

• Brohoof 2

I think my avatar is a male. At least it is supposed to be male, I know there has been discussion on pony masculinity or lack of for some OC avatars, and Nature Spell would be his name if I were to roleplay.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I will admit, I usually cannot guess a brony/pegasister's gender based on their avatar alone.  If they're using an actual OC instead, it's usually a little easier, since OCs seem to often be based on one's actual gender more often than not, but those who utilize characters from the show, there's no rhyme or reason to it really.  I even have to still remind myself sometimes that certain users that I've known for months on the forums, though don't chat with that often, are guys! laugh.png

As for myself, I honestly don't know how many guess right away that I'm a guy.  Maybe it's pretty easy considering my forum name revolves around Batman, a pretty masculine character to say the least, but IDK, couldn't say how many guess I'm either a guy or a girl before visiting my page.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Well my current avatar is only there because I was making lots of = for gay marriage avatars for other people anyway. I change my avatar all the time so I wouldn't say it represents me, and I have no ponies in my signature. Also, I have both male and female OC's. Most people assume I'm a woman for some reason, but I am a man.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you look at the ponies in general, the vast majority of them are female and they take up at least 90% of the show.  Hence it would be very difficult to focus on male ponies for avatars.  If you are talking about the matrix style self-image.  The odd thing is, my self-image would indeed be a pony.  That pony is male.

• Brohoof 1