movies/tv Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Coffee Pony

Personally I think Turtles in Time was the best out of all the TMNT gAmes. I like it most on TMNT 3 Mutants Nightmare, mostly because I felt that music to be more memorable.

• Brohoof 2

Finally, progression and then... Nickelodeon with a big middle finger.  :okiedokielokie:

O'well, I'll enjoy Power Rangers: Dino Charge to satisfy my action crave. 

@Deviousnights, Yeah... 'Turtles in Time' is my fave too.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Sōten ni zase...Hyōrinmaru!

Finally, progression and then... Nickelodeon with a big middle finger.  :okiedokielokie:

O'well, I'll enjoy Power Rangers: Dino Charge to satisfy my action crave. 

And this is why it's important to take breaks between seasons, so shit like this doesn't happen! Even if the breaks can be mind numbingly long (LOOKING AT YOU FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Mikey is best turtle. :p

I've seen quite a bit of the 2012 TMNT series. I don't like everything, but I've been enjoying most of it. :)

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

45 minutes ago, HappyCloud said:

When I was younger, I loved watching the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I haven’t watched any of the newer series. 

You should give the 2012 series a watch. It's made by the guys who did Teen Titans (2003).

• Brohoof 1

f.jpg

"Work Hard! In the end, passion and hard work beats out natural talent."
- Pete Docter 

I actually like all the Turtles shows and movies. I'm not an obsessed fan so I'm not so close to the material that I'm finicky about it. I like the characters and they make me laugh. They look kinda funky in the newer movies, but I can live with that. 

• 5 years later...

The original series has had a handful of episodes uploaded officially to YouTube (To note, I guess cause they are uploaded freely, the opening theme is different) :

And random Attack of the Big MACC was uploaded recently:

• Brohoof 1

Yay! A turtles thread!!!

I'm doing a turtles deep dive this year, watching all the turtles media. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money to read all the comics but I did read The Last Ronin, which was awesome, and The Last Ronin The Lost Years, which was okay but didn't live up to the original.

So far I've watched:

TMNT 1987 - The first season was pretty serious then it got more and more kiddie. Nunchucks were banned by the censors. :dry: Then the last couple of seasons they tried to make it a more serious superhero show based on the success of the movie. The show could be pretty silly but it was funny.

TMNT the movie - Really a great movie. You get so much emotion from guys in rubber suits and really care about the story and the characters.

Secret of the Ooze, Turtles in Time, TMNT 2017 - Turtles in Time is the weakest and 2017 is the best in my opinion but they're all pretty good, fun movies.

Mutant Turtles: Chōjin Densetsu Hen - An interesting little Japanese turtles mecha thing.

Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation - A sort of turtles sentai show. It's not great. The best thing is Venus, the new female turtle.

TMNT 2003 - The best series so far and probably will be my favorite. It has a lot of new story lines rather than them just fighting Shredder all the time, though they do fight Shredder in a lot of different ways. I really love Karai in this series.

TMNT (Michael Bay) - Not the best TMNT movie but there are some really cool action sequences. And the turtles are so big I don't see how they can even get down manholes.

TMNT2012 - I'm watching this now and I've finished with the first two seasons. Didn't really like it at first, probably because 2003 was so great, but now it's getting pretty good. The Krang are the best part. At first I wasn't sure about teenage April but now I like her. Still not sure about teenage Casey.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

TMNT 2003 - The best series so far and probably will be my favorite. It has a lot of new story lines rather than them just fighting Shredder all the time, though they do fight Shredder in a lot of different ways. I really love Karai in this series.

Ok we can be friends :o

TMNT is my first cartoon love of anything USA cartoons........

• Brohoof 2

HAPd9iV.png.6735adea9023e498213c6ac62728b196.png

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I have the TMNT '87 season 4 episode "Rhino-Man" stuck in my head. I hope TMNT's YouTube channel uploads that episode someday.:squee:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

In addition to the Season  compilation videos (Season 1 complete due to it's short length), the official TMNT channel has The Fifth Turtle and Attack of the Big MACC*:

*Nothing to do with McDonald's or Mac and Me.😋

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1