Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Deus Ex: Pony Revolution (OOC)

Lily_Mae

(edited)

I like Deus Ex. Good game, intriguing storyline and 10 times better than Invisible War but still inferior to the original game. Nevertheless, I think this is a gonna be a nice game (I hope). Just to get things started, here is my character (with no pic unfortunately) and some rules. This RP game will make extensive use of the d100 dice.

Character

http://mlpforums.com...rs/_/cirrus-r64

Link to RP: http://mlpforums.com...ony-revolution/

Rules

The rules are simple. Each character has a health, magic (for unicorns) action and accuracy monitor. Health determines how long you can survive in combat, magic allows the casting of spells and action for how many moves you can make during combat. Accuracy, Power and Skills will be explained below. All these can be modified by allocating stat points to them or acquiring augmentations. Final damage dealt to your opponent is determined by the damage your weapon deals and your opponents defence. For example, a Bushwhacker Revolver deals 12 damage and your opponent has 3 defence points. The damage point is decreased by your opponents defence. Final damage is 9. Of course, some bonus in the type of ammo and weapons you use may negate some of the enemy's defence points.

The chance of hitting your enemy is determined by the roll of the d100 dice. In combat, combatants will initiate a dice roll. If your score is higher than your opponents, you hit him. If vice versa, it's a miss. For example, if the results are 60 vs. 75, your opponent dodges your attack. You can increase your chances of hitting your enemy by allocating stat points to your Accuracy attribute. If the enemy has his or her back faced towards you, you get a +10 to your roll score and a -10 to the enemy's roll score. Accuracy score above 100 will result in a critical hit which deals 2X damage. If the enemy scores more than 100 in a defence roll and is higher than your score, you still hit him but your critical hit will be negated. Many other actions such as lockpicking, fixing an equipment or hacking a computer uses the same rules as above. Your skills will modify the d100 roll for a higher chance of success.

You may also attempt to fight enemies while weaponless and the damage done will be determined by your Power stats. Power can also be used to boost the damage dealt when using melee weapons. For example, if you have a melee weapon that deals 6 damage and you have a Power level of 4, half of your power will go to the final damage, which means your final damage is 8. Augmentations can further boost Power, which in turn boosts melee weapon damage. If your power is 1, it cannot be halved so that 1 will be calculated into the final damage. If your power is an odd number, for example 3, half of 3 will be 1.5 and that will be rounded off into 2. So the 2 will be used in final damage calculation.

When in combat, the distance between players and their opponents are denoted by squares. This will determine whether or not your attack can reach them. Close combat weapons like knives and spiked horseshoes usually have a range of 1 square but some longer weapons like pole weapons and long swords have a range of 2 squares. Using loud weapons may alert your enemies and like weapon range, the sound range is denoted by squares. Enemies standing within the sound range will be alerted to your position and you may lose the element of surprise. If you have sound grenades, you can throw it somewhere so that it emits sounds to distract your enemies. When enemies die after being killed by a lethal weapon, their death cries can also alert others.

Magic acts like bioelectric energy from the Deus Ex games. It's initially available to the unicorns but will be available to others when they receive augmentations.

Storyline

Advanced prostheses technology came into being in Equestria 200 years ago under the supervision of Princess Celestia and the Equestrian Science Union. The intentions for this new technology was good and that was to give the disabled a new lease on life. Nevertheless, the princess kept a tight grip on technology for fear that they may become a tool for evil. This new technology went far and wide to many other nations. It was well-received and many interested parties soon started modifying and manufacturing them for widespread distribution to the public. The commercialization of advanced prostheses tech opened up new horizons. In Equestria, the rich and powerful saw it as a chance to become more than who they were. Not only distributing augmentation technology was profitable, it also made the average pony more powerful. The non-pegasus could fly, ponies could transform their hooves into bladed weapons in a blink of an eye and non-unicorns could perform magic.

When crimes involving augmented ponies started rising, Princess Celestia was worried. She had feared the worst when they made the breakthrough in augmentation technology and now it came true. In attempts to curb widespread distribution, she signed the Augmentation Limitation Act. This put her at odds with the public and major biotechnology companies, who had profited from developing and selling augmentations. By the time she signed the Act, it was too late. By that time, the biotech companies were far more powerful and richer than the royal government. They fought back by raising unrest throughout Equestria and roused the public into rioting. The companies were successful in spreading their propaganda and the riots threatened to plunge Equestria into a civil war. Nevertheless, Princess Celestia maintained her stance. It was not long before the first shots of the Equestrian Civil War were fired in the streets of Manehatten. Pro-augmentation rioters sided with the companies while anti-augmentation parties sided with the government.

The war ended in two years with the crushing defeat of the government forces. Spears and non-augmented fighters pitted against guns and augmented warriors weapons, the outcome was clear even before the war started. After the war, the companies forced Princess Celestia to abdicate her throne and disbanded the royal government. In order to remove the princess and her supporters from the playing field, they appointed pro-augmentations judges in court and tried them for things they did not do. They were sentenced to life in prison or were given the death sentence but Princess Celestia soon disappeared without a trace. Many think she was executed.

As for Princess Luna, she helped her sister in combat during the war. The judges wanted her dead too but the corporations had plans for her. Luna ascended the throne and took the title High Archon. In reality, Luna had no stance whatsoever but she was forced to sign decrees benefiting pro-augmentation camps. After all, the companies knew that the public still respected and revered the princess and what better way to get the public to listen than to appoint a respected puppet. Listening to Luna was no different from listening to the companies that appointed her. All these were done under wraps and the public knew nothing about it.

With nopony to stop technological advancements, Equestria soon experienced what many called the Technological Revolution. During this time, new companies sprout up in hopes of riding the profit wind brought about by the Technological Revolution. Many became successful but still weren't able to match the mega corporations that existed since the founding of augmentation tech in terms of influence and power. This revolution had spread throughout the Known World and brought about the rise and fall of governments.

200 years into the future, Equestria was nothing like what it was in the past. As for the way of life, some still cling onto old Equestrian values in an increasingly dystopian world. This is the world where you will be in.

Player Characters

All characters will start at Level 1 with limited or no augmentation. You have 5 attribute points to allocate into HP, MP and AP. You also have 10 skill points to allocate into your skills. Players are allowed to start with Starting Equipments if they want to.

Augmentations

Infolink (brain augmentation): Allows the receiving of signals and video broadcasts. Also monitors health condition, magic energy, weapon status and tactical map (a default for players who wants to start with augmentations).

Mechanical Hoof (frontal hooves augmentation): An augmentation that can transform a hoof into a hand to manipulate objects more easily. Doing so will give players a +10 to roll score when attempting to initiate tasks that requires fingers.

Sub-Dermal Plating (skin augmentation): Increases player defence points by 2.

​Defibrillator (heart augmentation): Increases player health points by 20.

Aim Assistance (eye augmentation): Increases Accuracy by 2.

Adrenaline Pump (endocrine augmentation): Increases Action by 2.

Here are the starting stats (no augmentations included) for each different pony species:

Earth Pony

HP: 130

MP: N/A

AP: 6

Accuracy: 1d100 (+3)

Defence: 8

Power: 3

Electronic Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Lockpicking Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Medicine Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Sneak Skill: 1d100 (0)

Spot Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Alchemy Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Pegasus Pony

HP: 100

MP: N/A

AP: 5

Accuracy: 1d100 (+2)

Defence: 5

Power: 2

Electronic Skill: 1d100 (0)

Lockpicking Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Sneak Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Spot Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Alchemy Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Unicorn Pony

HP: 90

MP: 80

AP: 5

Accuracy: 1d100 (+1)

Defence: 3

Power: 1

Electronic Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Lockpicking Skill: 1d100 (0)

Sneak Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Spot Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Alchemy Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Starting Equipments

Health Kit (small)

HP Restore: 25

Uses: 1

Booster Magic Energy Bar

MP Restore: 20

Uses: 1

Stun Prod

Damage: 0

Clip Size: 10

Range: 1 square

Special: Non-lethal weapon, disable robots for 5 seconds

Sound Range: 0 squares

Combat Knife

Damage: 3

Range: 1 square

Special: 2x damage when backstabbing

Sound Range: 0 squares

Razorback Pistol

Damage: 6

Clip Size: 10

Range: 5 squares

Sound Range: 12 squares

Veyron Tranquillizer Rifle

Damage: 0

Clip Size: 3

Range: 8 squares

Special: Non-lethal weapon

Sound Range: 1 square

Antamia Auto Crossbow

Damage: 10

Clip Size: 5

Range: 13 squares

Special: Has lethal and non-lethal ammo

Sound Range: 2 squares

With all that said, come join in. Come experience cyberpunk, pony style! So who wants to join in? I think I plan on leaving the game open so others can join in at later dates if they wish. However, I need at least five players to start the game.

Right now there are only two players so far:

Auroreita Borealis - Ampyrion

Linguz - Ember

Strong Hooves - Strong Hooves

Edited by Lily_Mae
  • Brohoof 1

This thread is too in-detail to be a Searching thread, which is for garnering interest on vague concepts. It would appear that you have rules and are trying to garner sign-ups. Thus, it has be re-prefixed as an OOC thread.

Lol, he's like that I suppose. Yeah, I does seem similar but hey, I didn't think his game was cyberpunk :>

Anyway, glad to see you could join in.

(edited)

Do we make up our own spells or do you have a list for them? Also, check my inventory. Tell me if any of the items there can't be used. I'm making some up. Finally, boosting HP and MP by 1 increases the value by 1 or more than 1?

Ember

Race: Unicorn

HP: 90

MP: 80

AP: 10

Accuracy: 1d100 (+1)

Defence: 3

Power: 1

Electronic Skill: 1d100 (+2)

Lockpicking Skill: 1d100 (0)

Medicine Skill: 1d100 (+4)

Sneak Skill: 1d100 (+1)

Spot Skill: 1d100 (+5)

Alchemy Skill: 1d100 (+5)

Augmentations:

Infolink (brain augmentation)

Inventory:

Small Health Kit (x2)

> HP Restore: 25

Booster Magic Energy Bar (x2)

> MP Restore: 20

Small Crossbow

> Damage: 6

> Clip Size: 1

> Range: 6 squares

> Sound Range: 1 square

> Special: Has lethal and nonlethal ammo

Spells

> Fireball

> Invisibility

> Summon Viper

> Telekinesis

Edited by Linguz

Allocating 1 attribute point to HP and MP translates to 10 points. As for spells, that will be listed later. As for items that can't be used, I'm still thinking. In any case though, welcome aboard :)

The item I was talking about was the small crossbow. I saw that you had a very small list of weapons, so I thought of one using what was already defined.

I wanted a silent ranged killer that needed to be accurate and was small.

By the way, might I suggest the knife to do only double damage from behind? Like a garanteed crit. If you have it as an instant kill, that can get way too overpowered. 100 health enemy? One shotted with a backstab.

(edited)

Well, I suppose you have a point. As for the small crossbow, I suppose it's alright.

Any other players wanna join? There are still three open spaces.

Doesn't anybody wanna join? You don't really need knowledge of the game to play this RP game you know and I'm pretty lenient on the requirements for characters (most of the time actually).

Edited by Lily_Mae

That's three players. Anyone else wanna join?

Ok, here is a list of beginning spells and schools for unicorn players. Other races cannot use magic unless they get the proper augmentations. You may master the different types of magic schools by allocating skill points to the schools you wish to master. Levelling up the magic schools will strengthen the power of spells related to that school. Cooldown times are times when a spell needs to recharge before being used again. This only applies in combat. Spells can be used outside of combat and while there is no cooldown time, they still cost MP. Some spells cannot stack their effects. For example, casting a Fortify Lockpick Skill will give players a +1 to the Lockpick Skill but casting it again will have no effect. In the end, it's still a +1 in the modifier. It is, however, able to stack with other items that fortify the Lockpick Skill.

Starter Spells

Destruction spells

Fireball

Damage: 10 (2 damage for 3 rounds)

MP Cost: 10

Cooldown Time: 2 rounds

Frost Shard

Damage: 7 (-2 AP points from target)

MP Cost: 8

Thunderbolt

Damage: 12 (-3 points from defence roll for 2 rounds)

Cooldown Time: 3 rounds

Restoration spells

Heal

HP Recover: 15

MP Cost: 5

Cooldown Time: 1 round

Endure

AP Recover: 5

MP Cost: 7

Fortification spells

Fortify Lockpick

Lockpick Skill: +1

Fortify HP

HP Max: +25

MP Cost: 11

Fortify Accuracy

Accuracy Skill: +1

MP Cost: 12

Illusion spells

Invisibility

Invisible Duration: 5 rounds (+10 points to attack roll if you attack but invisibility wears off immediately)

MP Cost: 15

Cooldown Time: 4 rounds

Doppelgänger

Clone Duration: 10 rounds (enemies with high Spot skill can ignore the clone)

MP Cost:25

Cooldown Time: 5 rounds

Dispel

Dispel illusions and summons (Novice Level)

MP Cost: 12

Conjuration spells

Summon Sword

Summon Duration: 8 rounds (sword damage: 4)

MP Cost: 18

Summon Viper

Summon Duration: 10 rounds (Viper HP: 50, Viper Damage: 3 poison damage for 5 seconds)

MP Cost: 15

Telekinesis (default spell for all unicorns)

Object Weight Limit: 15 kg

MP Cost: 3 (will continuously drain as long as players hold the object)

Cooldown Time: 0

*Note: I am still searching. There is still not enough players for the game to start.

Oh hey, welcome! Glad to see another face here. Just one more player and we can get started. As for the details you may need, since your player character is an earth pony, he will follow the earth pony stats as stated above. You are given 5 Attribute points to allocate into HP, MP (if you're a unicorn) and AP. You'll also be given 10 skill points to allocate into the skills. Don't worry about the dice rolls and all that. I got that covered. You just play along and make decisions. It's as simple as that. You may pick starting equipments and basic augmentations (if you choose to).

Hp: 130

AP: 11 (added all five here)

Electronic skill: 1d100 (+3)

Lockpocking skill: 1d100(+4)

Medicine skill: 1d100(+3)

Sneak skill:1d100(+2)

Spot skill: 1d100(+3)

Alchemy skill: 1d100(+2)

Starting augmentation: none

Starting equipment: small med kit, razorback pistol, combat knife

Hmm, I think I need to pick some stuff then >_>

Unicorn Pony