gaming Why do PC gamers get so frustrated with console gamers? (mild rant)

AEDAZ

I fall into the minority of people who are both pc gamers and console gamers. Usually one more than the other. I've had both a 360 and ps3,psp,psvita,nintendo 2ds and pc. Currently I lean toward pc as my upgraded Imac is a beast that runs crysis 3 on high but in 2-3 years I might get a ps4 when the specs no longer give me the edge over consoles. By then the ps5 might be announced. In anycase I prefer the optimisation and customisability of pc over consoles, but I also like how easy console gaming is,no checking specs, no tweaking or fixing no worrying over shitty ports. If I had the cash I'd have a beast pc and a ps4 with a 4tb SSHD installed in it.

• Brohoof 1

sig-18793.ComicConReviews.png

Dude...calm down. Why are you trying to start a fight? Just because I don't have much time for gaming that's some kind of personal attack on you?

At no point did I call myself more important or successful than anybody. That was the point of my first post. You SHOULDN'T consider yourself superior to someone based on the console you use. Why are you flipping out over that?

But if I calm down, then you can't keep telling me what to do!

No, I need you. I need you to tell me how to live my life, so I can someday become as successful as you are! Please, you're my only hope. I promise, I'll give up on PC gaming completely if it won't help me become a member of the most masterful race in existence. None of that means anything to me; I just want to be above everyone else.

Help me get there. Pleeeeeeease?

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Before I was a PC gamer, I played Nintendo NES, Super NES, and Nintendo 64, now I play Playstation 2, which is my favourite console, but even before that I had a Commodore 64 and Apple Macintosh, I didn't get a PC until 2000, and I played the first on-line games, I was fourteen when I first played a PC game, Age of Empires then Age of Empires 2. I played Playstation and PC games together throughout my teenage years, and as far as I was concern, there was no feud between gamer platforms, my brother and sister played the same games, as well as my friends at school, now it seem there is some superiority complex, or nerd fights, that is making it difficult to be a console or PC gamer, both sides are being elitist and irascible, I just want to play games not compare and contrast, pro or con between the two systems, because I have fun playing games, no matter what platform, I played with my brother and sister, and I have fond memories, when we were altogether, switching between playstation and our PC laptops, so to me, I stay out of these squabbles, because I can relate to every kind of gamer, because I was one of the first generation of gamers, from the eighties, and I share that experience with my younger siblings and friends.    

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, If you get annoyed by something like that, the best thing would be to walk away and act like you didn't see it. Yes, the vocal minority gets annoyed with console gamers, and vice versa. And the other end gets frustrated and backfires, and ends up generalizing the entire side. You know,  like a certain fanbase that you all decided to check out and not judge by a fraction of said fanbase? Sort of like what you're doing now? In no way, do pc gamers, at least the majority bash consoles for holding back their platforms. Sorry for the rant. Just keep that in mind.

I fall into the minority of people who are both pc gamers and console gamers. Usually one more than the other. I've had both a 360 and ps3,psp,psvita,nintendo 2ds and pc. Currently I lean toward pc as my upgraded Imac is a beast that runs crysis 3 on high but in 2-3 years I might get a ps4 when the specs no longer give me the edge over consoles. By then the ps5 might be announced. In anycase I prefer the optimisation and customisability of pc over consoles, but I also like how easy console gaming is,no checking specs, no tweaking or fixing no worrying over shitty ports. If I had the cash I'd have a beast pc and a ps4 with a 4tb SSHD installed in it.

You know you can just get a new GPU for round 150-200 or so that will demolish anything the ps4 can offer, right? Heck - by the time you're looking to upgrade it'll be even cheaper.

• Brohoof 1

5bV35Nx.png

You know you can just get a new GPU for round 150-200 or so that will demolish anything the ps4 can offer, right? Heck - by the time you're looking to upgrade it'll be even cheaper.

What about all the console exclusives? You realize people own consoles for the games.

Edited by PinkiusPiecus
  • Brohoof 1

Heh heh heh.

SHES0.jpg

What about them?

Can You tell me, what is Your problem actually? You act like typical PC elitist - the exact person who gets all the hate here. You act like PC is only righteous gaming platform and think that some statistics are an argument when we discuss simply about preferences of people. 

Some people do prefer consoles. Deal with it. You look nothing short but silly doing Your little PC master race campaign here. And those words come now from PC gamer. It's people like You, who give us bad reputation.

Also The Last Of Us is a great game and good enough reason to get PS3 along with God of War and Uncharted. 

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

Can You tell me, what is Your problem actually? You act like typical PC elitist - the exact person who gets all the hate here. You act like PC is only righteous gaming platform and think that some statistics are an argument when we discuss simply about preferences of people. 

Some people do prefer consoles. Deal with it. You look nothing short but silly doing Your little PC master race campaign here. And those words come now from PC gamer. It's people like You, who give us bad reputation.

Also The Last Of Us is a great game and good enough reason to get PS3 along with God of War and Uncharted. 

Actually, I thought it was a pretty interesting little infographic. There's only a few problems—a few of those games on there were canceled and never actually released. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is also a multiplat game, available on PC, 360, and PS3. I'm sure there's probably more errors that I just haven't found, as I'm not familiar with most of those titles, anyway.

Edited by Regulus

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Actually, I thought it was a pretty interesting little infographic. There's only a few problems—a few of those games on there were canceled and never actually released. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is also a multiplat game, available on PC, 360, and PS3. I'm sure there's probably more errors that I just haven't found.

Another issue is that it sums up only 2013 year and in fact there are more exclusives, both good or bad released in past. On top of all there is Uncharted series on PS3 which is one of best games one can get for that gaming platform.

Also I'd like to add that few of games in PC exclusives were panned by crytics. With SimCity's infamous online issues and Amnesia's : Machine for pigs lack of atmosphere being worst points. 

And still point remains same - some people prefer consoles. I see no point in arguing with their taste just because we use different gaming platform. Playing games is for fun, not for pointless arguing and crusades against one gaming platform or another. 

What's the point of arguing that PC/xbox/whatever else is better? Technically of course PC has many more functions, but that argument does not work as consoles never claimed to have those. They always were made only for gaming. And they are still cheaper, for new PC I had to pay 1500 dollars in Poland, new console would cost me about 400 dollars. Enormous difference and consoles are changed less often. 

• Brohoof 2

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

@,

You're the one who asked what I dislike about consoles. I'm just answering the question from my own biased perspective, as you are replying with yours. 

You want to take statistics out of this thread? Why? Why not counter my PC statistics with your own? We could have a scientific discussion rather than basing our opinions on our biased emotions, and together objectively work out which platform is best.

If you think the last of us, God of war, and Uncharted are good enough to buy a new for console for, i'm not going to stand between you and your $193 games. (400/3 = 133, 133+60 = $193) I am, however, going to pat my own wallet reassuringly to comfort it.

5bV35Nx.png

1. Another issue is that it sums up only 2013 year and in fact there are more exclusives, both good or bad released in past. On top of all there is Uncharted series on PS3 which is one of best games one can get for that gaming platform.

2. Also I'd like to add that few of games in PC exclusives were panned by crytics. With SimCity's infamous online issues and Amnesia's : Machine for pigs lack of atmosphere being worst points. 

3. And still point remains same - some people prefer consoles. I see no point in arguing with their taste just because we use different gaming platform. Playing games is for fun, not for pointless arguing and crusades against one gaming platform or another. 

What's the point of arguing that PC/xbox/whatever else is better? Technically of course PC has many more functions, but that argument does not work as consoles never claimed to have those. They always were made only for gaming. 4. And they are still cheaper, for new PC I had to pay 1500 dollars in Poland, new console would cost me about 400 dollars. Enormous difference and consoles are changed less often. 

1. Not related. I could have posted the lists from Wikipedia, but it's nowhere near as interesting to look at and this gets the point across perfectly well. You asked about 'all the exclusives' so I found an eye catching way to show that PC has so many more.

2. Again, not related. In the words of your friend Squeak, "Please provide a better argument."

3. So why are you still arguing? You could be playing uncharted right now.

4. For around the price of a console you can build a PC that is significantly more powerful than a console and has all the previous advantages I listed earlier to boot. Here.

5bV35Nx.png

Heh heh heh.

img-3344552-1-SHES0.jpg

What about them?

Completely meaningless. For one person, based on their own individual tastes, could enjoy one exclusive on one console more than twenty on another.

But wait... What kind of chart even is that? It's completely inaccurate in terms of the Wii U. Games like Bayonetta 2 were not released until this year, while 2013 had other exclusives for the Wii U like Super Mario 3D World.

Even Super Mario 3D World, which I felt was a mediocre 3D Mario title, is more interesting to me than any of those PC exclusives.

• Brohoof 2

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

You want to take statistics out of this thread? Why? Why not counter my PC statistics with your own? We could have a scientific discussion rather than basing our opinions on our biased emotions, and together objectively work out which platform is best.

Because this thread is about how people act in their defense of PC and consoles, not about which one is better. Right now you're just making an ass of yourself, no offense.

• Brohoof 3

^ don't listen to this guy ^

Heh heh heh.

img-3344552-1-SHES0.jpg

What about them?

Wow you kept up with THE LAST generation. Tip: we have the Xbone and PS4 now, they came out in 2012.

You may want to read the news bud.

Completely meaningless. For one person, based on their own individual tastes, could enjoy one exclusive on one console more than twenty on another.

But wait... What kind of chart even is that? It's completely inaccurate in terms of the Wii U. Games like Bayonetta 2 were not released until this year, while 2013 had other exclusives for the Wii U like Super Mario 3D World.

Even Super Mario 3D World, which I felt was a mediocre 3D Mario title, is more interesting to me than any of those PC exclusives.

IKR and lifeless planet as a pc exclusive. Top kek, It was a shovelware made on unity game that no one talked about you know why, cos it was shit.

The funny thing is I have a high end gaming computer and I'm not the one who is arguing in favour of PC over consoles.

Edited by PinkiusPiecus
  • Brohoof 2

Never understood console wars.. Gaming is gaming. It's all just different preference really.  Different game exclusives, etc.

In general I believe anyone who sides with a specific console, or the PC. Are just doing it to be cool, as if they are apart of something huge, and amazing. Just like the kids who protect their console with their own life.

I've always prefered my 360 to the Xbox One or PS4/PS3. Will probably convert to PC once I get a better computer.

There is absolutely no reason to argue over consoles, statistics, or even games. It's all preference, and you will not gain anything from it. Though, there is nothing I can do to stop it. People like to argue for stupid reasons.

Personally I go with the PC + WiiU/3DS combo as I find it to be the best all around for myself and what I want. Both consoles and PCs have positives and negatives and constantly arguing about it will, in fact, make you look like a jerk-ass. Nintendo has the best games in the business (or at least the most fun) imo so I'll just stick with them and the PC for now. 

It is kinda funny when PC gamers like to rant and rave about their high-level graphics to me when in reality I could care less. If I can enjoy playing a game then it's automatically good in my book, good graphics or no. It's all a matter of personal preference, but just because it's a personal preference it doesn't mean you can act rude toward those who like to "game" on something else. 

Heh heh heh.

img-3344552-1-SHES0.jpg

What about them?

No offense to you, but 1. those games are last year so they're automatically invalid, and 2. the fact they have Deadpool marked down as not on PC is a sign that you shouldn't trust that list. 

• Brohoof 2

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

No...successful people don't care as much about video games as you do.

Dude...calm down. Why are you trying to start a fight? Just because I don't have much time for gaming that's some kind of personal attack on you?

At no point did I call myself more important or successful than anybody. That was the point of my first post. You SHOULDN'T consider yourself superior to someone based on the console you use. Why are you flipping out over that?

You might want to read over your own posts.

Also, you're kind of downright wrong in the video game department. If people who care about or want to work in the industry of video games weren't successful, we wouldn't have a video game industry, not to mention the fact that said industry is one of the most profitable of them all.

Regulus is giving you sarcastic remarks because you're looking at video games as something that shouldn't be taken seriously, despite overwhelming evidence that video games are incredibly important to our economy. You're also using your "I was a firefighter" speech to excuse your obvious occupation elitism. Video games are a worthy pursuit, even if you don't personally think so, because of how many people who have needed them to dedicate their lives to.

It's also ridiculous that you're making such comments in a thread about video games. What on earth did you expect? Did you expect people to just lie down and take the fact that you're basically calling their hobby pointless? You essentially walked in the lion's den and called the head lion fat, and then acted surprised when the lion attacked you.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'm a pc gamer but you showed off the worst exclusives possible for PC in that chart, ocean city racing and real world racing are both completely trash, the only game id really want to play on that list is RF2. Don't get me wrong, there are titles exclusive to PC that make the price well worth it [Gmod, CS GO the way it was meant to be played] but you're just talking out of your rear end with this one.

Hey, but I am not the one who posted that picture :o You quoted wrong person on that :P 

toovibrant-2.png

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

Heh heh heh.

img-3344552-1-SHES0.jpg

What about them?

Honestly, I'm a pc gamer but you showed off the worst exclusives possible for PC in that chart, ocean city racing and real world racing are both completely trash, the only game id really want to play on that list is RF2. Don't get me wrong, there are titles exclusive to PC that make the price well worth it [Gmod, CS GO the way it was meant to be played] but you're just talking out of your rear end with this one.

(mods pls delete misquote)

Hey, but I am not the one who posted that picture :o You quoted wrong person on that :P

My apologies. ehehehehe

• Brohoof 2

You're all missing the point completely. The games on the list don't matter. I posted the infographic in response to a question asking "What about console exclusives" That infographic is outdated, but it makes the point I intended to make quite well - PC's have far more 'exclusive' games than any other platform. Heck - GTA V is coming to PC now. Is that relevant? No.

• Brohoof 2

5bV35Nx.png

You're all missing the point completely. The games on the list don't matter. I posted the infographic in response to a question asking "What about console exclusives" That infographic is outdated, but it makes the point I intended to make quite well - PC's have far more 'exclusive' games than any other platform. Heck - GTA V is coming to PC now. Is that relevant? No.

You're the one missing the point.

The post you responded to wasn't 'asking' for you to list off exclusives, and most certainly wasn't making any kind of claim of the amount of exclusives. The member was merely making the point that the PS4 (and other consoles) aren't worthless because they have exclusives that people want to play.

• Brohoof 4

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!