Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Formula One 2015 Discussion

Dawning Demon

img-3462967-1-jer15_cov2_launch_str10.jp

Much better than that "glorious extension" nose from last year. They have also copied Mercedes by having a moustache just ahead of the suspension. Still their livery.

Also:

I didn't know that Caterham's new owners were involved with the illuminati! :o

The Red Bull RB11 has now been revealed with a very interesting test livery.

zl4b1yznem35jxmiiino.jpg

Like Williams and Force India, they've gone for the thumb on the end of the nose, or as what Taki Inoue calls it "a Japanese size".

A cool person on Reddit had made a filled in version of the test livery:

fx34r1dhmrv0gkqh7zbv.jpg

When Australia rolls around, it will be painted in the regular livery, but this shop still looks so cool.

The Red Bull RB11 has now been revealed with a very interesting test livery.

img-3464538-1-zl4b1yznem35jxmiiino.jpg

Like Williams and Force India, they've gone for the thumb on the end of the nose, or as what Taki Inoue calls it "a Japanese size".

A cool person on Reddit had made a filled in version of the test livery:

img-3464538-2-fx34r1dhmrv0gkqh7zbv.jpg

When Australia rolls around, it will be painted in the regular livery, but this shop still looks so cool.

Ron Dennis has been quoted to say that the McLaren livery will change in 2015 but he wouldn't say when, and the McLaren Twitter page posted images with the quote of McLaren Orange and Red and White cars.

So... 

The Nurburgring has no contract with Bernie, and attendance at the Hockenheimring is very low. Probably the former's has idiot owners and the latter is either boring as fuck to watch a race at, or nobody can afford to actually attend.

Things like this are why I'm beggining to think that F1 is very slowly running out of life due to it being extremely expensive to race and only slightly less to actually attend a race.

• Brohoof 1

Formula 1 will just be as dull this season as it was last. There needs to be big changes made to bring it up to par with other big motorsport series, and with Bernie at the helm, it isn't going to happen. F1 is shrinking; the calendar is shrinking, the participation is shrinking, and the audience is shrinking. 

Look at other series, and you'll see they're all on the up. WEC has experienced a tremendous growth in interest, the ELMS has gone from being nothing to being huge. Pirelli World Challenge is adding more classes every season, there's that much interest. It's all about ease of entry, and balance of performance. The big manufacturers can churn out cars built to the specs, and know that they'll be competitive in all the series, and teams can buy these and jump straight in. No huge costs, no expensive R&D, and it makes for better racing.

And there's still the LMP1 class for those manufacturers that want to push the boundaries.

F1 exists now solely for Bernie's entertainment, and nothing more. If the WEC, or Blancpain, or the BTCC got decent TV coverage, it would very quickly over take F1 in viewership. Just look at NASCAR.

• Brohoof 1

As much as we all love to hate Bernie, there is no denying that he brought F1 to where is is today.

Look at other series, and you'll see they're all on the up. WEC has experienced a tremendous growth in interest, the ELMS has gone from being nothing to being huge. Pirelli World Challenge is adding more classes every season, there's that much interest. It's all about ease of entry, and balance of performance. The big manufacturers can churn out cars built to the specs, and know that they'll be competitive in all the series, and teams can buy these and jump straight in. No huge costs, no expensive R&D, and it makes for better racing.

LMP2 has been cost-capped for some time now and you don't see Platinum drivers (maybe a few gold drivers here and there, but mostly sivler) in those cars, so just about everyone is competitive. With GT3, there are so many series out there that uses those regulations, so there are many cars out there, and therefore they don't cost as much to purchase and maintain. With LMP1, the ACO at least encourages technical innovation, which is why cars from Toyota, Audi, Porsche, and Nissan are completely different from one another.

If the WEC, or Blancpain, or the BTCC got decent TV coverage, it would very quickly over take F1 in viewership.

WEC does have Motors TV in Europe, but pretty much nothing elsewhere. BES is streamed on NISMO.TV and I think also on their website. I wouldn't quite see BTCC gaining that much of a following outside of Europe.

Just look at NASCAR.

Been there, done that, don't care to do it ever again. 

Edited by HayaBROsa

Formula 1 will just be as dull this season as it was last. There needs to be big changes made to bring it up to par with other big motorsport series, and with Bernie at the helm, it isn't going to happen. F1 is shrinking; the calendar is shrinking, the participation is shrinking, and the audience is shrinking. 

And there's still the LMP1 class for those manufacturers that want to push the boundaries.

F1 exists now solely for Bernie's entertainment, and nothing more. If the WEC, or Blancpain, or the BTCC got decent TV coverage, it would very quickly over take F1 in viewership. Just look at NASCAR.

I would probably say that Formula One was at it's biggest during the 1990's and early 2000's even during the boring Schumacher-Ferrari era..., F1 had lots more manufactures during that popular time like Ferrari, BMW, Toyota, Jaguar, Honda, Peugeot, Renault, Mercedes, Ford, Cosworth, Asiatech, Supertec, Mecachrome, Yamaha, Lamborghini, Venturi, Spyker, Mugen and Lotus.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

With the new season starting THIS WEEKEND (well before S5 of Pony begins :smug:), I figured to get us pumped up, I'd post this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VhZ7lIOEGk

Note: I forgot about the copyright claim against the 2nd video, so I've removed it.

I love that video I've seen it many times but it always manages to get me pumped up. :)

Edited by Dawning Demon
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Today is the start of the European leg of the season, which will run all the way until the Italian Grand Prix, and then fly-away races until the end of the season.

So, how do my pre-season predictions hold up so far?

How I think 2015 could go:

• Mercedes is going as OP as they were this year.
  • Red Bull will complain (Well, Christian Horner and Dietrich Mateschitz mostly) if they don't do well.
  • Williams will sneak up and make a car that will challenge Mercedes.
  • Ferrari will build and awful car, and then fire everybody.
  • McLaren isn't going to have a good year with their new engine. I believe that because Honda's engine is brand new and WILL have teething issues.
  • Force India, Toro Rosso, Sauber, and Lotus will show up.
  • Caterham and Marussia Manor will fight over who doesn't finish last, if they've even got enough money to compete next year.
  • Daniel Ricciardo will put on a massive smile.
  • Alonso will do the same shit he did in 2010 (and 2007).
  • Maldonado will crash.
  • Everyone will complain about the turbo engines not making enough volume.
​Although, the schlong-nosetm will be gone for next season, which is good.

• You have no idea.  >_> 
  • We know that Ricciardo is the fastest guy out there, but the Renault engines reliability is hampering their performance.
  • Not quite, but they're always there. Think Lotus in 2012-2013.
  • The SF15T is actually good, then again, James Allison designed it. Vettel and Raikkonen gel really well together, and the team is revitalized thanks to their new team principal, Maurizio Arrivabene.  
  • This is true, but they actually are improving. I see them scoring points within the next 5 races.
  • Sauber and Toro Rosso are having a good year. Lotus and Force India are also there.
  • Manor is just... Hopeless.
  • He always smiles.  :bedeyes: 
  • I haven't seen him do this, but I'm going to be wary of his actions.
  • He was taken out in Australia, and was spun in China, but he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • I have been listening to the sound of the Ferrari and Honda engine to listen to these people. I think the Honda engine does sound best.​ VTEC doesn't kick in, that's what the turbo is for.  :yay: 
Edited by Azure Flare
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 12/15/2014 at 9:44 PM, Dark Horse said:

It should be exciting to see what the McLaren Honda team can do together again of course, but the 80's...

Too bad that ended really really bad for them. :worry: