Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many "chill" bronies/pegisisters are there in the fandom?

Jora

well i am one of them hi i'm 25 and my name irl is micaiah i basically see the show as just something to watch, and while i don't go overboard with the "obsessive factor" as i do like other things like anime biking video games etc i do indulge in RPing, OC making, fanfics, and brony music (as per i am a musician myself) *who is finishing up is first album i might add :) * i find a incredibly amount of highly talented brony artists on both the music side and art side.

while i do also share my ship, head cannons hopes for season 5... you would never know i was one of the fandom as i am quite reserved and do have a job pay bills etc. i'm just one that does not over obsess

(discalmer)   i don't mean to judge any that are by any means all the more power to you~ /)

p.s. if you'd like to add me on skype and start a "chillers brony hang out" or just want to chat drop me a PM 

• Brohoof 5

Hey there! I guess i kind of fall under that catagory of what you'd describe. The fandom isn't really widespread over where i come from, and i'm not that much expressive about me being a brony anyway. I'm 24 and i mostly relax on the forums and read fanfics and what not between my part-time job and my college studies.

Anyway, i can see you're new, so welcome aboard. I might just take you up on your offer some time.

Enjoy your stay, i suppose? :D

• Brohoof 1

I watch the show, discuss topics on this forum. I bought a few pieces of merch awhile back, and I talk with Bronies. That's it really. I really want to go to Equestria LA someday. (Not gonna wear a cosplay though).

• Brohoof 2

I have gotten tons of merch and I do love the show, but I am not always looking things up about it or seeing the fan art. That stuff just does not interest me. I would say I am obsessed with the show, but only in very specific ways. Overall I am not too fond of the fandom in general. I just kinda keep to myself most of the time when it comes to it

This is the only MLP related site I go to at this point so there is that too.

Basically, I am saying I am pretty chill I'd say. I still stick up for the fandom when people feel the need to bash it for no reason that's for sure, but I keep to myself about it.

This thread made me laugh. Lol

I guess I fall into the "chill" group. I'm not overly obsessive, but I do watch episodes to relax and unwind. I find the episodes generally lift my mood. Haven't gotten into the merch, but not opposed to starting a collection. :)

I guess I fall into this category.  MLP is just another one of my obsessions (albeit one that takes up a good bit of my free time). I like the show and don't really take it too seriously (because at some point, somehow cartoons became serious business requiring dissertations thoroughly analyzing every detail, and regurgitating TV Tropes like there's no tomorrow).  Never cared for the fan-made music at all, and I've only read one or two fanfictions, both of which were meant to be funny.  

I do however, buy crap-tons of the toys. That's honestly where most of my focus has been for about the past nine months.  I go to meetups whenever I can, and visit one brony streaming site about once a week, but I try not to get too wrapped up.  If you take a hobby too seriously, you suck all of the fun out of it, and then what's even the point of having one if you don't enjoy it?

I rarely watch the show anymore. I watch an episode every now and then and create some art featuring MLP characters, but that's it really.

• Brohoof 1

Well though I am not obsessive I do indeed love the show along with having a fair lot of merch... but I suppose that comes with my habbit of collecting things,

I do also love the fandom, art, music ect, though indeed though this comes with my general interests art, ect plus it's quite relaxing to sit back and listen to a song or two!

as for my general obsession (how often I watch) time to time just passing the time, the show does tend to upper my mood when needed,

I would likely go to a convention even if I am as so shy as I am it would not hurt to go would it? it is most likely to be a fair lot of fun :)

if I am obsessive or not depends on views though I do class myself as a "chill" pegasister!

Edited by Everleaf

I use to be like super way in to the show, but after I left and came back I'm definitely don't obsess over it anymore. I'm also glad I never blew any money on shirts or anything. I draw some art every now and then. 

I write a lot, and MLP is just so easy to work with, so I often end up writing pony. Sometimes watch the show, often watch pony-related things on YT, but far from exclusively. No merch or anything. And overall, I'm pretty chilled to the point I don't take a lot seriously, though season 5, and the rumours of a movie on the horizon stir me...

Edited by Shardikku
  • Brohoof 1

I just like the show, it dont make up

my whole time on the net given the

other fandoms I do like!  Im just a fan

if anything!  I to have made some wallpapers

and also some fanfics,  but mostly I just

like the souls i meet on the show and the

creative side of MLP fan crew!

I would like to say that I'm more in the obsessed side of the fandom, but I'm probably more in the chill zone since ponies haven't completely taken over and my other fandom still have a big presence if not bigger.

but as far as fandom go, yeah I'm obsessed.

I'd like to believe that I'm not really "obsessed" with MLP, yet here I am on MLPForums. Oh the irony. Still, I don't wear MLP shirts, or buy MLP toys. Honestly, I don't see what the point of buying MLP toys is. They don't seem to serve any practical purpose that I'm aware of.

Also, I don't know if I'm as "chill" as I'd like to believe either. In fact, I'm probably very opinionated as you can see.