Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Planning Non-MLP RP

Charcoal Embers

Hello everyone. Cutting right to the chase, me and my friend, Aerodynas, are wanting to start a large RP with about 5 other people. We don't have an idea really for what the RP is going to be like, but the idea is for it to be big, epic, and not be MLP. Something like an anime. If anyone wants to join, help think up ideas, or if anyone is willing to be the DM that would be amazing as well.

Also, while this isn't a set rule. Preferably people of the age of 16+ would be nice.

"Welcome to Atarashi, an ingeniously man-made island city at the dead center of the Sea of Japan and home to new beginnings and life revitalization. People from across the globe flock to its existence whether for tour purposes or even to claim it as home. Whatever their reasoning, Atarashi is truly a most marvelous city with the very idea of peace at its core. Please, enjoy your stay and may your days have everlasting joy. "

So here's the thing folks, I'm committing myself to a full DM control of this RP. My others have failed because I've always taken a pivotal role rather than simply allowing the participants to be such. The RP is a completely open world concept with my flare and touch to it. Think of it as I give you the world, you give me your characters, then I devise a story that may or may not end up correlating later (wink wink). 

When it comes to characters...have at it. If any of you are familiar with anime based in a real world setting, most are not batcrap crazy like Dragon Ball. I literally give you free creative thought to how you would want your characters to be. The only exceptions are:

1. Nothing that involves aliens unless humanoid...

2. Nothing ridiculously overpowered

---I'm sure this will be continued...

Basically, I want stats to start (aka: gender, age, height, weight, hair color, eye color, etc) but then comes the fun part: make their past and whatever your minds can possibly generate.

I do recommend, however, that you design your character in the intention of them growing throughout the story rather than have already reached a pivotal point before it begins. 

If any of you like and know anime, you know what I mean :)

Anyways, this is only the beginning to get folks interested and get ideas flowing. I've already got innumerable schemes and plans for it so be ready and have fun ^_^ Let's see where this goes. 

Whoa! This looks really cool I'm certainly interested!

Glad to hear it :) If you intend on joining, go ahead and submit a character whenever you can.

Once all 5 have been made, I can start formulating a story more in detail.  

@@Ampharos,

Sorry for not being very specific. The actual idea of what age your characters are doesn't quite matter. As well, it's probably best for your interest for your character to not be ordinary . I mean...you can...but I doubt others would follow that lead haha

@@Ampharos,

Hahaha well, that's actually up for your decision. Now, there are things to consider in that I don't think overpowered characters would be quite fair. (no DBZ stuff or like "controls the weather, space, and time nonsense")

Also, it is recommended that you give your character room to grow. Don't start them out like the ultra omega warrior from ireland that plays bagpipes while attacking people haha 

@@Ampharos,

Ice related abilities are not a problem...depending on how you use them. I can see how that would eventually become quite...er...overpowered but in the meantime not as much. If you do plan to give it an extreme boost, expect to give a flaw that hinders it a little.  

@@Aerodynas,

Awesome! Don't worry, I've used this character before, and even at the skill level she usually's at she isn't super spectacular. For now though, I plan for her to just have found out about her cryokinesis, and then she'll discover her actual glaciokinesis later on. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Ampharos,

Sounds like a plan to me :) Oh and be sure to give as much detail in her background as you would want to be exploited in the RP by none other than me. It will add to flavor if you notice things in her past start...erm...popping up here and there (hehehehe...

Name: Patil "Pat" Aoife

Appearance: http://tinyurl.com/pzpzeao

Pat is very underdeveloped for her age. She's only 5'3'', has little bust, and is around the 100lb mark in regards to weight. Because of this, she's often mistaken for much younger than she actually is.

General Back Story: She grew up with a mother, father, and an older brother. She and her brother were very distant from their parents, but the two siblings themselves were very close, and still are. In fact, Pat started living with Vanice (her brother), when he moved to a new island called Atarashi. Vanice is a very successful young man, and is able to support both himself and his sister quite well. Pat is very adventurous and is always looking for something to explore or discover. In fact, it tends to be all she thinks about. She's chock full of energy, which compliments her adventurous lifestyle very well.

I can elaborate a bit more on things if you'd like. How she got her powers will be explained, in my first post of the RP (Likely in a flashback of sorts), and I can change the age if other players' characters are going to be older/younger (Although I'd assume they'd be older if anything.)

Edited by Ampharos
  • Brohoof 1

@@Aerodynas

It was either that or Whitechapel, cuz I was thinking of her having a cockney-esque accent. If there aren't more characters from outside the US, I'll have her be from there instead. 

Or maybe I'll have her be from there anyway... Hmm...

Edited by Ampharos
  • Brohoof 1