Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

So do we just post the Nation sheet here if we're interested in joining?

Just checking so I know where to put it.

Yes, nation sheets and OCs are posted here for approval. Keep in mind that your nation won't be officially approved until its leader(s) have character profiles.

Yes, nation sheets and OCs are posted here for approval. Keep in mind that your nation won't be officially approved until its leader(s) have character profiles.

Alright, thank you.

Question though, if my Nation is an Oligarchy Council of 6(not intentionally related to the Mane6. :mellow:) ponies should I create 6 profiles even though I'm fine with other people here taking on the role of one of the Council Members if they want too or should I adjust it?

If it helps I can post what I've written up for my nation so far.

Alright, thank you.

Question though, if my Nation is an Oligarchy Council of 6(not intentionally related to the Mane6. :mellow:) ponies should I create 6 profiles even though I'm fine with other people here taking on the role of one of the Council Members if they want too or should I adjust it?

If it helps I can post what I've written up for my nation so far.

I would clarify that with the DM/owner, but if I had to hazard a guess, I would create profiles for all six, since they are all leaders.

When I mention "1950s-style computer", I'm thinking of the one Twilight used in Feeling Pinkie Keen, and when I mention the dam, I'm talking about the one near Ponyville seen in "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" and "It's About Time".

Well i give u the computer... But that dam seems more of a wall (just ro keep water out, not producing electricity...which even beavers build)... And going to assume they are that modern due to that computer... Think of all the yhings theyre missing. I see no vechicles, which would make movement in big cities impossible (manehatten seems less populated than ponyville...pedestrian-wise)... Wheres industrialisation... I see no factories, oil lamps seem to be prefered over bulds... Which we rarely see... And as i said... There is NOOO way that any nation having modern tech wouldnt consider using it to modernise their millitary

Well i give u the computer... But that dam seems more of a wall (just ro keep water out, not producing electricity...which even beavers build)... And going to assume they are that modern due to that computer... Think of all the yhings theyre missing. I see no vechicles, which would make movement in big cities impossible (manehatten seems less populated than ponyville...pedestrian-wise)... Wheres industrialisation... I see no factories, oil lamps seem to be prefered over bulds... Which we rarely see... And as i said... There is NOOO way that any nation having modern tech wouldnt consider using it to modernise their millitary

About the dam, here's a picture from the Mysterious Mare do Well episode. See the little tower next to the dam?

You do have a point on how inconsistent canon technology is, and I can see how a country with all that technology may try to militarize it. In our world, some of the best technological inventions came along because of military intentions. I'd like clarification on that point from the owner; saying "canon tech" feels a bit vague, as that terminology can be stretched to fit almost any level of technology up to 1980s level (using the arcade machine example), which could be a problem.

Edited by skbl17
  • Brohoof 1

About the dam, here's a picture from the Mysterious Mare do Well episode. See the little tower next to the dam?

You do have a point on how inconsistent canon technology is, and I can see how a country with all that technology may try to militarize it. In our world, some of the best technological inventions came along because of military intentions. I'd like clarification on that point from the owner; saying "canon tech" feels a bit vague, as that terminology can be stretched to fit almost any level of technology up to 1980s level (using the arcade machine example), which could be a problem.

That does look like a spower plant... But mind you... I dont see any cables connected ther (im nitpicking), i mean i guess the best would work if all tech would be up to the 1850s.. With the smoky factories and stuff... Thus making it more...logical to have old millitary (as i have a hunch this RP will be very millitary based)... And allowing ppl to make steampunk type stuff =p

I think the heavy reliance on Magic and Friendship in Equestria might explain why their technology is so varied. Why invent a gun when you can use catapults/archers or Unicorns to fire from a distance and why shoot something at all when you could become their friend instead?

I think the heavy reliance on Magic and Friendship in Equestria might explain why their technology is so varied. Why invent a gun when you can use catapults/archers or Unicorns to fire from a distance and why shoot something at all when you could become their friend instead?

Cuz cicilizations dont work that wat =p

But Discord said Friendship is magical so it must be true in Equestria.  :(

:lol:

Well lets see.... friendship vs War (showing ur superioroty, taking over new lands pillaging and looting large amounts of stuff u wouldnt usually get).... i guess most would go for choice 2

Well lets see.... friendship vs War (showing ur superioroty, taking over new lands pillaging and looting large amounts of stuff u wouldnt usually get).... i guess most would go for choice 2

You'll never have any friends if your at war all the time though. :P

Are you sure about that? Countries have economies, and unless they can be entirely self-sufficient or survive entirely off of war, they'll need trading partners at the very least.

Are you sure about that? Countries have economies, and unless they can be entirely self-sufficient or survive entirely off of war, they'll need trading partners at the very least.

Actually, look at rome... They had no need to trade (at their peak) as they had all they needed. (before the barbarians invaded)... i mean countries can easily become self-sufficient and if, with enough land, can get the goods theyd normally trade by themselves

Rome also had plenty of riots and rebellions alongside their corruption. Not exactly the best example.

Corruption and riots exist everywhere... I mean ill edit that post for you:

"Humanitye also had plenty of riots and rebellions alongside their corruption. Not exactly the best example."

Thats better =p

I like how this OOC RP thread turned into a techg and now political discussion =p

Nation Name:

Dominion of Kartrin

Government Type:

Oligarchy with elected Leader.

Flag/Symbol: (Obviously means Victory right?)

img-3510822-1-Kartrin_of_Equestria_Flag.

The Flag as a whole represents the Union between the Unicorn and Earth ponies residing within Kartrin. Each part of the flag has it's own specific meaning that is generally known to the inhabitants of Kartrin.

The golden west shows the Hard-work and Ingenuity of the Earth Ponies living in Kartrin. It also represents their willingness to fight for the Dominion; even to death.

The darker east shows the Ancestors guidance and the Magical support that the Unicorn's provide. It also represents the Unicorn's magic helping to shield Kartrin from outside dangers.

The Tree itself represents Stoneheart while it's roots show the Trust between Earth and Unicorn Ponies as they work to grow the 'Branches' of various Industries or Research new technology.

Ruler's and Respective Titles:

Kartrin(Outside of Stoneheart which acts as a neutral centerpiece) is made up of five major provinces. The provinces are ruled by a single elected Potentate. While the Potentate has virtually unlimited power within Kartrin they are dependent on the approval of the ponies(and thus the Council) under him or her.

If a Lord Potentate proves to be a hindrance or danger to the Dominion ponies then the Council is allowed to issue a formal "Unwillingness to Support and Approval" for the Lord, such an event has only happened once with the Changeling deceiver. The Province ponies are no longer duty-bound to follow the Lord's orders once the proclamation has been sent out.

After an election the Lord is allowed 6.5 years to before a 'review' with the Council, if 4 out of the 6 Councilor's continue to show support for the Lord then the next review is within 20 years. If not then the Lord is asked to step down and the Council votes on a new Lord Potentate alongside the popularity vote from each province.

Each province must show at least 50% for the Election Ponies and 2 Councilor's must show public support for their preferred Lord. Each Province can support as many Election Ponies as it wishes.

Technically any number of ponies can attempt to win the election, however the costs of travelling, publicity, and needed political influence forces many aspiring ponies out of the 'race' before it even starts. 

The largest Election Race had 13 ponies and at the end was down to 4.

Recently Elected Lord Potentate: Raining Hearts.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/raining-hearts-r7918

List of existing provinces in Kartrin.  

Central Province of Stoneheart.  -Lord Potentate Raining Hearts.

Province of Sparkshill.                 -Councilor Dirt Spells

Province of Fillyrivers.                 -Councilor Starlight Violet.

Province of Scalemount.             -Councilor Carrot Tool.

Province of Boilport                     -Councilor Shady Storm

Province of Singahoof.                -Councilor Sky Coins

Environment:

Located to the South-east of Vaporia and north of the Scorched Lands.

Kartrin is covered in three large River Valleys and bountiful forests that surround them, the abundance of Timber has been useful as long as the Dragon's are avoided. The Environment itself  is mostly left alone outside of major Industry hot spot's or around the central city of Stoneheart where the population continues to grow unhindered by the dangers outside their walls.

Two Primary Resources:

Timber & Iron

Timber:

The Timber is gathered from the vast forests that cover the Dominion, it is used in many of the products that the various businesses create and could become a major trade product if the Dominion were to find a buyer.

Iron:

The Iron comes mostly from Boilport and Sparkshill where Iron Mines are maintained, it is constantly used for military efforts against the Dragons but has seen some use in more mundane projects.

Two Scarce Resources:

Stone & Grapes

Stone:

The Stone comes directly from Stoneheart and the Quarry it resides on. While the stone was originally abundant in the past, it's recent increased use has left the Quarry drained. The majority of stone was used to construct important buildings, walls or in one battle against a dragon it was used as a projectile.

Grapes:

The province of Singahoof was once a major wine producer for the Dominion, but after a devastating attack by the Dragons it has been thus far unable to recreate the luxury of fresh grapes or wine for the ponies of Kartrin.

General Race Composition: 

47% Earth Pony, 41% Unicorn, 11% Pegasus, 1% Gryphon.

Earth & Unicorn Ponies, the few Pegasus are not trusted and discriminated against. Gryphon's are rarely seen and Changelings are a Filly's myth.

General Race Description:

The Ponies generally go without clothing outside of accessories, but the Councilor's usually wear more formal clothing if they have the personal funds to get them.

As the saying goes clothing makes the Pony and the Councilor's generally believe it.

Ponies of Kartrin are similar to those in Equestria but a bit skinnier with less fur due to a far more dangerous environment with the Dragons conducting their raids.

General Race Personality:

As noted above, Unicorns and Earth Ponies are welcomed as equals into the nation while Pegasus are disliked due to recent events. Gryphon's are welcomed when they do visit but some Kartrin citizens distrust them simply because they are similar to Pegasus.

Kartrin ponies are ambitions but friendly, they see potential in cooperating with each other and outsiders to achieve great results in Science or Industry.

Two Primary Nation Traits: 

Industrious & Protective

The ponies of Kartrin are natural merchants and enjoy trade with one another or with the occasional trade merchant who passes by. A recent rise in the Industrial sense had led to a burst of wealth that attracted the Dragons.

The constant skirmishes between the two have led to a desire to protect what they have created and the scandal with the Pegasus has only furthered this to more extreme levels.

Culture and Description:

The ponies of Kartrin believe that their ancestors are able to guide them from the afterlife and protect them from harm. They construct village or town Shrine-Graveyards where you may pay respect to your ancestors and seek their guidance. So far they do not believe in any God-like beings.

In the past ponies in the region originally worshiped the Dragons, this tradition died out shortly before the Confederacy was founded and is unlikely to be revived anytime soon.

As contact with other nations is limited, Kartrin has mostly relied on it's own language and use hand-signals or writing to communicate with foreigners. 

Presently each province requires that 15% of it's population join the Town guard for basic training, with increasing incentives to remain in the Guard so they will help protect their friends and family. Stoneheart, Scalemount, and Singahoof remain at 10% or less.

This mandatory draft has created a culture of duty in many of the ponies, but it's full effects remain to be seen.

Seeking to rise through the ranks of provincial guard has resulted in many well-trained soldiers.

Ambition is encouraged within the society and has resulted in a productive lifestyle for most ponies, while this occasionally causes problems it is seen as a positive thing by the general public.

Buildings:

Originally the ponies of Kartrin built their society out of the forests around them, but due to the recent rise of Dragon Raids many have turned to creating stone buildings or portable homes for a quick getaway. Stoneheart; as it's name implies; is made mostly out of stone as it was originally built around a massive Quarry that now holds the Council Hall and other important buildings.

Foreign Policy:

Kartrin is generally welcoming of outsiders but prefers to keep to itself. While the Confederacy does not have an official stance on trade it is common for individual provinces to form their own trade treaties with outsiders.

While a war with another nation has not happened(outside of the Changeling Incident) each Province is expected to help each other if such an event were to occur.

History:

Formation of the Confederacy:

Originally the alliance was formed as a way to standardize trade and collaborate protection for the trade routes between the towns of the region, but distance and lack of a formal currency prevented any real use of the Confederacy. 

Eventually the Council was formed and the 2nd Lord Potentate issued a number of economic reforms that resulted in a rise of living standards and general riches for everypony. 

The Dragon Raids begin:

This rise of prosperity would prove to be a problem later on. Only a few short months after Kartrin had gained it's wealth did the Dragons turn their attention to the land and began to take what was not rightfully theirs. 

As the war between Kartrin and the Dragon Hordes continued, more and more power was given to elected Lord Potentate's to combat this threat. Eventually one went to far and attempted to force the Unicorns and Earth Ponies out of Stoneheart to make room for every Pegasus in Kartrin. This lead to a minor civil war that ended with that current Lord Potentate's death. Said fallen Lord was revealed to be in an alliance with the Pegasus and was a Changeling. This would skewer Kartrin pony views on Changelings in a negative way for a long time.

The Council was given back part of it's power and remains a major influence on each elected Lord.

Present Day and the Cutie Pox Outbreak:

The recently elected Lord Potentate known as Raining Hearts managed to establish an informal peace treaty with some of the Dragons; this gained public support for his rule and lessened the number of Dragon incidents that occurred in Kartrin. The actual events that lead to this treaty are currently unknown.

Rumors of a Cutie Pox outbreak in Fillyrivers have begun and Raining Hearts took a pro-active stance by declaring the Provincial borders of Fillyrivers secured until further notice.

So far Lord Hearts has taken no motion to lessen the tension between the Earth/Unicorn ponies and Pegasus.

Quality of Life:

The majority of ponies have freedom to do what they wish with their time outside of their work-contracts. While the Councilors can't say for certain; it is believed that the average citizen is content with their life as long as a Dragon isn't trying to end it.

Outsiders will point out that those living in Stoneheart are better off due to the protection that their walls and magic bring them, This is commonly dismissed as those living in the River Valleys are considered far safer as full grown dragons can not attack them without risk of being stuck between the cliffs and killed by the ponies below.

Historian's have estimated that there is close to 119,348 ponies in Kartrin, though some believe the number to be smaller.

To avoid a public backlash, no Lord Potentate has attempted a nation-wide count and the Council has been equally unwilling.

Military Power: (What weapons, branches of military, etc.)

The Present day military of Kartrin is mostly made of up of Caravan Mercenaries or individual provincial militiaries. In recent times some ponies have been pushing for the Councilor's to form a united and formal military for all of Kartrin. As of right now it is seen as a minor issue outside of the collaborated efforts to defend against the Dragons.

Presently each province requires that at least 12% of it's population join the Town guard for basic training, with increasing incentives to remain in the Guard so they will help protect their friends and family. Stoneheart, Scalemount, and Singahoof remain at 10% or less.  

This mandatory draft has created a culture of duty in many of the ponies, but it's full effects remain to be seen.

Each province maintains three overall military forces,

The Guard:

The Guard acts as the overall peacekeeping/military forces and also works with the communities as the provincial police ponies. 

Generally the Guard stays near or in the major town/city of the province with small detachments in outlying areas. In times of war and conflict the guard is usually tasked with keeping the populace safe or defending the Archers or Catapults. 

The Rangers

The Rangers are usually seen during a Dragon raid or working with the CT's to ensure a safe haven from danger in the cities and major towns. 

While it is not uncommon to see a Ranger assisting in police or peacekeeping efforts alongside some of the Guard it is not part of their official duties and they are usual volunteers.

The 'Catapult Teams'(AKA: Defensive Fortification and Siege Teams)

Maintaining and operating the ballistics's or catapult's on the field or along a city wall, in heavy rain or under the beating sun. It's all in a CT's Day job as they maintain a pivotal role in the Dominion's defensive or offensive capabilities. They are also capable of constructing temporary defensive fortifications on the battlefield such as a trench or fox-hole when needed.

A majority of CT soldiers are drawn from the engineers or metal-workers or even creative inventors who sign up for service. Each Team is trained in utilizing whatever is nearby in their cause and can be pulled from working a Catapult to start fixing a ballista if ordered too.

The Council Protectors

Councilor Protectors are volunteers from the Rangers and Guard to defend the Council and Lord Potentate himself when they are in danger. The requirements to be asked to join are rather high so it is unlikely for the common soldiers to join their ranks. 

Each of them are given special training to maintain a wide level of skills and basic CT knowledge if and when required to use those devices. Rumors say that Protectors also act as a spy network for the Council to keep an eye on the ground level, a recent addition to these rumors suggest that the Protectors will be used as assassins once contact with outside nations is established. But those are just rumors after all.

Estimates have put the Protectors numbers at around 190; give or take a few. This is due to the Council's refusal to name their Protectors and while it is possible to recognize one by face, name, or voice there is no official record of who becomes a Protector or if they ever leave it's service.

Provincial Military Numbers: Record kept in Stoneheart, Council Archives.

Central Province of Stoneheart:  6610 (9952) Guards | 2106 (4062) Rangers | 21 Catapult Teams 190 Protectors.

Province of Sparkshill:                3699 Guards | 1602 Rangers | 2 Catapult Teams

Province of Fillyrivers:                8845(5503) Guards | 4139 (2179) Rangers | 6 Catapult Teams

[Additional Guards&Archers from Stoneheart-->Fillyrivers to prevent spread of possible Cutie Pox Plague]

Province of Scalemount:            6024 Guards | 3061 Rangers | 7 Catapults Teams

Province of Boilport:                   3479 Guards | 893 Rangers     | 3 Catapult Teams

Province of Singahoof:               5722 Guards | 2603 Rangers | 9 Catapult Teams

Normal Theme Song: Note: I own none of these songs.

Common: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSF28Ovlnmg

StoneHeart: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CJgwySlN4

Negotiations: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf20-Cnjn0

War Theme Song: Note: I own none of these songs.

Dragon Raid/Declaration of War: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlY7-mh3l-c

StoneHeart: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSXHdtT4vY

Invasion/Defence: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDi6S2mfF0

Relations with other Nations: 

Hostile relations with Dragons in the Scorched Lands. (Not sure if there are dragons there.)

No other major relations.

Current events affecting country: (These are subject to change by the Mods)

Dragon Raiders, Cutie Pox Plague in Fillyrivers, Civil Unrest(Pegasus Related)

Edited by WindyParadise

Might as well post what I have so I don't lost it just in case the internet decides to hate me today.  ^_^

[Note: Incomplete] Suggestions and Criticism is accepted.

Nation Name:

Confederation of Kartrin

Government Type:

[Democratic?] Oligarchy Confederacy.

The Oligarchy acts as a Council for each Province that resides in Stoneheart. Each Councilor is elected by their Province.

Flag/Symbol: (Never Optional for me.  :mustache:)

The Flag as a whole represents the Union between the Unicorn and Earth ponies residing within Kartrin. Each part of the flag has it's own specific meaning that is generally known to the inhabitants of Kartrin.

The golden west shows the Hard-work and Ingenuity of the Earth Ponies living in Kartrin. It also represents their willingness to

The darker east shows the 

The Tree itself represents Stoneheart while it's roots show the Trust between Earth and Unicorn Ponies as they work to grow the Branches of various Industries or Research new technology.

Ruler's and Respective Titles:

Kartrin(Outside of Stoneheart which acts as a neutral centerpiece) is made up of six major provinces. Each of these provinces elect an Official who will attend to the Provinces seat on the Council for three years. This is a list of the current Council Members.

Councilor of Treehold.      [ Link to character incomplete]

Councilor of Sparkshill.     [ Link to character incomplete]

Councilor of Fillyrivers.     [ Link to character incomplete]

Councilor of Scalemount. [ Link to character incomplete]

Councilor of Boilport         [ Link to character incomplete]

Councilor of Singahoof.    [ Link to character incomplete]

Environment:

Located to the South-east just past the lands of the Dragons.

Kartrin is covered in three large River Valleys and bountiful forests that surround them, the abundance of Timber has been useful as long as the Dragon's are avoided. The Environment itself  is mostly left alone outside of major Industry hot spot's or around the central city of Stoneheart where the population continues to grow unhindered by the dangers outside their walls.

Two Primary Resources:

Timber & Iron

Two Scarce Resources:

Stone & Grapes(or Wine, whichever)

General Race Composition: 

Earth & Unicorn Ponies, the few Pegasus are not trusted and discriminated against. Gryphon's are rarely seen and Changelings are outright hated.

General Race Description:

(Clothing, Appearance. Does your nation's culture or environment make the race(s) skinnier, taller, wear weird clothing ,etc?)

The Ponies generally go without clothing outside of accessories, but the Councilor's usually wear more formal clothing if they have the personal funds to get them.

As the saying goes clothing makes the Pony and the Councilor's generally believe it.

Ponies of Kartrin are similar to those in Equestria but a bit skinnier due to a far more dangerous environment with the Dragons conducting their raids.

General Race Personality:

As noted above, Unicorns and Earth Ponies are welcomed as equals into the nation while Pegasus are disliked due to recent events. Gryphons are welcomed when they do visit but some Kartrin citizens distrust them simply because they are similar to Pegasus.

Kartrin ponies are ambitions but friendly, they see potential in cooperating with each other and outsiders to achieve great results in Science or Industry.

Two Primary Nation Traits: 

Industrious & Protective

Culture and Description:

(What belief systems, special language, special clothing, or perhaps caste system, etc do they have?)

Buildings:

Originally the ponies of Kartrin built their society out of the forests around them, but due to the recent rise of Dragon Raids many have turned to creating stone buildings or portable homes for a quick getaway. Stoneheart; as it's name implies; is made mostly out of stone as it was originally built around a massive Quarry that now holds the Council Hall and other important buildings.

Foreign Policy:

History:

Quality of Life:

Military Power: (What weapons, branches of military, etc.)

Normal Theme Song: Note: I own none of these songs.

Common: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSF28Ovlnmg

StoneHeart: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CJgwySlN4

Negotiations: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf20-Cnjn0

War Theme Song: Note: I own none of these songs.

Dragon Raid/Declaration of War: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlY7-mh3l-c

StoneHeart: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSXHdtT4vY

Invasion/Defence: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDi6S2mfF0

Relations with other Nations: 

Hostile relations with the Dragons to the north.

Current events affecting country: (These are subject to change by the Mods)

Dragon Raiders, Cutie Pox Plague, Recent Execution of Councilor revealed to be a Changeling attempting a coup on the Council.

Firat you have to submit a character... iuf its accepted...then post the nation... i have my nation ready.. but waiting for a char

And the max mil tech is muskets + cannons and stuff

First you have to submit a character... if its accepted...then post the nation... i have my nation ready.. but waiting for a char

Well I'm not sure what to do about my Characters as it's a Council of ponies. I sent a message to Shadow(I believe he's the one I'm supposed to message) about it. I'm fine with making that many characters but I asked him to make sure. I can also delete my post if I need too.

Edited by WindyParadise

Well I'm not sure what to do about my Characters as it's a Council of ponies. I sent a message to Shadow(I believe he's the one I'm supposed to message) about it. I'm fine with making that many characters but I asked him to make sure. I can also delete my post if I need too.

no..just edit it to char maybe =p

Also... fill in all the info =p

I know we already discussed this, but I'm still a little upset that my country was raided without me knowing about it first. I mean, this is an untrusted military powerhouse of a country, so I feel like you should have asked me first. Chances are, our borders are pretty heavily guarded...

Edited by AmberDust

@@Lordav, @@skbl17, Well with the whole issue of technology, I'm ranging everything between 1850, and the first world war, with the exception of shelled casings which I've found a way around. So my population isn't off, and even if I did go with Napoleonic population, I would still be at 25 million. Also the invasion of Russia isn't a failure when you look at it as more than just who eventually lost the war. Moscow was captured, every battle leading up to it was a victory, and the Grand Arme would have defeated the Russian army if they didn't just flee until it was winter. Strategic yes, but very cowardly.

Also, I would like everyone to pick a country in the real world that yours is most relevant to in location. Equestria would be the united states. If any of you happen to share the same country, we'll work on land division till it works out.

Okay some clarification first. My reasoning for gunpowder age weaponry being max. Remember that equestria is a world of magic and friendship and that war tech is only developed by the needs of war. Given that equestria seems pretty peaceful as well as the surrounding nations there does not seem to be much drive to advance in the military technology tree. Also it appears that what they have seems to still be working for them. (Why fix something that isn't broken?)

Lordav I think your character is okay now. so APPROVED

Windy, you need your characters approved first before you can post your nation for review.

Amberdust, I did give you a forewarning post in the RP of an attack. You didn't respond to it so I proceeded with the attack. I'm sorry. However my main reason for the raid wasn't to antagonize you, I just wanted to give you a way to get involved into some of the political RP : )

@@The Shadow Stallion

Nation Name: Ponssia

Government Type: Absolute Monarchy; Ruled by a King or Queen until death with unlimited power

Flag/Symbol: (Optional): A modification of the Prussian Flag with a dragon instead of the eagle    (White with a black dragon in the middle and two horizontal black stripes on the bottom and top)

img-3512019-1-prussian_flag_by_izumi055-

Ruler: King Lordav the Great

And advisors: Generals, Ministers and prominent Dukes.

Environment: Located on the North-western coast consisting of various terrain types (Flat, hills and mountains)

Two Primary Resources: -Coal, after the discovery of enormous coal deposits in its mountains,

Ponssian industrialization skyrocketed.

-Gold, the natural richness in precious metals in its area has powered the

economy for years

Two Scarce Resources: -Food, following massive industrialization plans and heavy enrollment, the

Ponssian agricultural power has suffered and therefore relies on trade to

Obtain its necessities

-Luxury Goods, although rich in strategic resources such as iron, coal and timber, the Ponssian lands are almost useless in growing exotic goods or luxuries such as silk, cotton, exotic foods, etc and therefore realies heavily on trade.

General Race Composition: Earth ponies (60%) and Non-Magical Unicorns (40%). The total population numbers ,750,000 of which 500,000 are male.

General Race Description: (please look up 17-18century fashion for clothing), Most ponies have they’re fur in dark or pale colors (white, brown, grey, etc.) due to isolationism from distant nations. Due to its positioning, the population is used to cold and warm conditions but would find it hard to cope to extreme conditions. The majority of ponies living in the North-Western region are slightly taller than usual.

General Race Personality: Due to a high diversity in social classes, the personality of citizens differs from individual to individual but every single citizen has a immense sense of patriotism and most are usually suspicious of foreigners.

Two Primary Nation Traits: -Warlike, the Ponssians have always supported the military and have

admired war. Having a long history of conflicts with their neighbors the Ponssian has grown into a prestigious political power.

-Industrious, following the discovery of enormous coal deposits, the Ponssian government has encouraged industrialization and urbanization, leading to a deficit in agriculture.

Culture and Description: A non-magical society, magic is seen as a capital offence or heresy and is usually punished via torture or death; magic has been outlawed in the North-West for about 2 centuries as ponies result to a new idea, science and rationalism. The Ponssians follow the belief of a superior power creating the world (A dominant belief in the North-West) which has been the cause of many wars (crusades and genocides in the region. None of the citizens of Ponssia have the ability to perform magic but make up for it through hard work. They are a very militaristic society which would almost always follow the commands of its government, with a belief in racial superiority against distant, less advanced civilizations.

Buildings: Mostly constructed of stone and bricks (again 17-18th century Europe) and wood, houses are mostly tightly packed into huge cities or towns. Villages are sparse but well provisioned with vital goods such as imported food, fresh water and firewood. Huge stone citadels and forts are constructed along the nation’s border.

Foreign Policy: Following a period of constant warfare and expansionism, doubling Ponssia’s size, the nation has resorted to a more isolationist policy fortifying its position and limiting diplomatic contact. Even so, the government is keen on finding new trading partners to feed the country’s growing population. After securing the mainland, Ponssian eyes turned towards distant lands, in a dream to create a colonial empire that would supply the nation with all its needs.

History: After years of disease, droughts and starvation, the earth-ponies have turned on the pegasi and unicorns, blaming the pegasi for the droughts and unicorns for disease. The religious heads didn’t ease the situation by blaming them for upsetting “The Creator”. Civil war raged throughout the entire North-West and all pegasi were killed resulting in a total genocide. Many unicorns started siding with the earth ponies and fought more powerful unicorns until they were either killed or forced to flee. Since the no magic has been present in the North-West as unicorns forgot the old ways of magic using their horn as nothing else than a tool. Those still found conjuring magic were tortured and killed, usually via stake burning, resulting in famous witch-hunts. In one terrible night 10,000 unicorns accused of using magic were burned in a forest of flames. Since then the Popal Church had a strict rule over the North-West, making sure that no magic was ever used again.

Following the collapse of an ancient empire, the North-West has consisted of many city-states or confederations warring each other. Slowly defeating and annexing its defeated neighbors, a state called Braneighburg became a dominant power in the area. Following a union between the two most prominent states in the area, Poniernia and Braneighburg, the nation of Ponssia was created, having undisputed power in the area. Since then, the nation’s values were set on militarism and discipline.

Quality of Life: Following a successful social plan led by King Fredbuck the III, no citizen of Ponssia has lived in poverty. Every citizen has access to food and water and vital needs. The aristocracy, found in the more prominent cities enjoys luxury needs such as expensive meals, silk clothes etc…

Military Power: The Ponssian military is the most disciplined force in the North-West, a Ponssian soldier is taught to fear desertion more than death in order to ensure top performance on the battlefield. A Ponssian regiment would never retreat without orders. After a visit in Ponssia, a famous North-Western writer said: “Where most states own an army, the Ponssian army owns a state”. In the last century, the Ponssian army grew in influence and support over the population. The army now controls most aspects of civilian life, from simple laws to sleeping hours. Stallions are taught to use weapons from birth in order to ensure future soldiers for the ranks. Generals and military advisors hold high positions in the government and are given permission to mobilize the entire male population if needed. Using modern military technology such as muskets with socket bayonets, 12llber cannons and howitzers, the Ponssian military is a formidable force. The generals are taught in a prestigious university where they learn the deadliest and most efficient tactics invented by North-Western strategists. The troops are taught things like fire by rank and drilled daily to prefect their abilities. The Imperial army army numbers 205 regiments of 360 infantrymen(line infantry, light infantry, jagers, guards, etc), 140 regiments of 120 cavalry (lancers, dragoons, light dragoons and hussars) and 100 batteries of 16 cannons (900 cannons and 500 howitzers, each crewed by 10 ponies). The total size of the army is 112,200 ponies.

The Ponssian navy numbers 75 ships. 10 First-rate Ship-of-the-line, of which 3 are 122-gun heavy first rates and the others are 106-gun, 5 steam-powered Ironclads loading 80-guns, 15 Second-rates with 80 guns, 15 third-rates carrying 74-guns, 20 Forth, Fifth and Sixth rates carrying 64, 52 and 44 guns respectively and 10 frigates carrying 30 guns each. The total manpower used by sailors and marines in the navy totals 18,000. Ponssia also has 120 non-combatant trading, fishing and transport vessels as well as civilian ships.

National Anthem: 

War Music: 

(Played by orchesrtas at parades, ecouraging the population or to foreign dignitaries

http://youtu.be/f_6AQA4uzD0

http://youtu.be/TKtCVblxDRc

Regimental Music: 

http://youtu.be/QsdOW0OrxWE

(played on the battlefield)

http://youtu.be/5HpuvWYnEvc

MIsc: 

(Strategiy(style of fighting) 

Uniform

post-19589-0-90988300-1424318176_thumb.png

Border protected by star forts, One at every kilometer

img-3512019-2-2008-fort-star.jpg