Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Pony Style Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay?

FirstPonySpectre

What's up, everypony. I'm FirstPonySpectre and, well, I'm gonna admit. I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan. It's my favorite thing ever, really. And well, I was thinkin'. "What if there was a Zombie Apocalypse roleplay set in Equestria?" and now I'm making this thread.

I'm aware this had probably already been done or is being done or whatever but I DON'T CARE I'm posting this anyway. <3 

I have a general idea how I'd want this RP to work but I'd like to know if anyone else would be down to do this Roleplay. So if you'd be interested or think it'd be a fun idea post below and stuff! 

I'm interested

Questions:

What tech era will it be in?

Show?              Modern?

What type of zombies?

Infected?      Fungi?

Voodoo?

Probably based on the tech era in the show. And as for the type of zombie... Not 100% sure yet....

yes I would like some back story to it as well

Well I just posted this to see if anyone would be down for the whole idea and all. Not to actually start getting people to sign up and all. I didn't want to make an entire story just to have no one be interested and all. 

I like the idea of a zombie apocalypse RP, but it oughta be more refined than just 'there's a zombie apocalypse'

Well I just posted this to see if anyone would be down for the whole idea and all. Not to actually start getting people to sign up and all. I didn't want to make an entire story just to have no one be interested and all.

I want to join as my OC Clockwork. She is my profile pic.

Not really looking for sign ups yet. I was just curious if anyone would be interested in the idea. 

I would love to join if I could. I'd like to use Little Wind. He should be in my signature.

Not really looking for sign ups yet. Just curious if people would be down for the whole thing. 

You better start making a story then :P

I know but was just saying that if there was a back story I would be more likely to be interested or to show interest

I love the idea! Due to in The Walking Dead,The Walkers (My term for Zombies due I watched to much Walking Dead I like calling them walkers) have this brain sickness/damage that turned them into flesh-eating ZAMBIES. (Zambies are very different) Thats why, the only way to kill Walkers and to stop a person from turning into one is to destroy the brain, so far from where I'm standing, my theory is: After the sickness completely takes over the brain and white blood cells, it spreads all over the body, making them rot and greenish and stuff. The sickness (Or Venom) gets into their mouth, so when they bite you, they spread the sickness into the blood stream, and if you don't chop off whatever body part got bitten right away, it would make its way up to the brain, destroying white blood cells, and whatever. HOWEVER COMMA, In the show they find out "We are all infected" WHICH MEANS IN MY THEORY: After at least 2-3 months in the world around walkers, they get the the 'minor' stage of the sickness. WHICH MEANS COMMA, its only kinda roaming around in the blood stream and etc, and impossible to find. The only way it can turn you, is if you die and your brain is leftover. SO once you're body shuts down, it quickly makes it way up into the brain, and TAKES OVER BAWHAHAAHA. And that's my theory's of what I have so far from The Walking Dead. I'm such a fan girl :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Sweet can i join you there are a lot of zombie roleplays but I still like this

And with every post made, we get closer to victory. Or till FirstPonySpectre come up with a story for the apocalypse. Also I have a question. Will we be in the middle of the beginning of the apocalypse, or will we be a new generation born into the apocalypse?

I was thinking the same thing.

Each has its advantages,

I think after event is the best because you don't have to go into detail as to how it happened and it hasn't been so long like second generation as to necessitate deep back story.

I personally think we should be about one or two months in so ther will still be the unbelievability of our characters that they killed a pony, living or dead. Also, will there special infected/fungi zombies. Like the Clicker from The Last of Us or the Hunter from Left 4 Dead? And what's a voodoo zombie?

Edited by AppleLover

And what's a voodoo zombie?

The whole idea of Zombies is of Creole creation where hoodoo (basicly dark voodoo) is used to bring the dead back to semiliving for the bidding of the summoner. It dates back to the mid to late 19th century before modern medicine made its way to Hati and the aria. The best estimation of how it worked irl is that servents and slaves were heavily sidated to be more docile.

Given the presence of magic in Equestria the possibilities are endless. It could caused be some spell gone awry, like Twi's attempt to stop the Parasprites consuming all the food in Ponyville, only this time it affects the ponies themselves.

Also, the style of play of a 2nd generation of survivors rather than a 1st generation would be very different. The main focus would probably be that by now ponies are accustomed to the undead and would be in isolated or defensible areas, attempting to rebuild some semblance of society and government. The exact cause of the plague of zombies would be hazy, already beginning to be overwhelmed by legend.

I'm hyped, I want to see a good zombie RP happen.

Edited by Sidon Aldermane