Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies Vs. Zombies

PvZMLP

Do you think the ponies could hold out against a zombie invasion/siege for however long that ponies usually live or not?

Anyway if you think not I'll just go and call in the Peashooters.

I DEFINITELY MEAN PVZ ZOMBIES.

Edited by PvZMLP
Im stupid

1 hour ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

This question is dependent on whether the zombies are the slow-ass type that are really brain dead or the Über-fast Micheal Jackson dancing zombies.

Image result for michael jackson zombie dance gif

Pinkie Pie would have no trouble getting along with dancing zombies!

• Brohoof 3

Topic has been moved to Sugarcube Corner as it does not showcase a video created by yourself, nor anything related to videos whatsoever.

Please do remember to read the forum guidelines and section-specific descriptions, as well as the general theme of the topics before posting. 

Have a lovely day now

• Brohoof 4

I read a zombie mlp fanfic once. It was one of those it's so bad that it's good types. All of Equestria was dead within a week I think. I read it a long time ago but everypony died for 2 reasons. Firstly, cars don't exist and trains were probably quickly over run. Earth ponies can run all they want, Pegasi fly all they want, and Unicorns teleport all they want if they know how to, but they could never get very far ahead because the undead don't need to rest. Secondly, zombified pegasi could still fly for a short time after being infected which was a serious game changer since attack was now possible from all directions above. Thirdly, characters kept sacrificing themselves to save others or to buy time for the rest to get away from the hordes.

I'm going to make my own assumptions for ponies vs. zombies. They're not that fast but they retain traits from before death. Zombified pegasi with undamaged wings could still fly for a short time but it would become clumsy and the wings would be one of the first appendages to be lost. Zombified unicorns could cast raw destructive magic but it can't be specifically directed at anything and is likely to damage themselves more than anything else. Zombified earth ponies are stronger than the other two.

Could ponies survive this? Yes if they were smart about it. Make use of fortified structures to keep the hordes at bay. Armor would slow pegasi down but provide them with lances and they can maintain control of the skies. Direct torrents of rain upon the undead. They'll be slowed down by resulting mud and the moisture will quicken decomposition. Unicorns can either cast shields or hold objects up to act as them. They could also use objects as projectiles if they cannot cast a magical energy beam. Having the royal guard perform the phalanx formation and having a defensive line behind a trench that they can retreat past will prove most affective. In the long run spears are the dominant weapon against this sort of threat. In our world we'll eventually run out of modern ammunition, and things could potentially go bad enough that large scale production of napalm like substances, powder based firearms, and Napoleonic tactics, simply aren't viable options.

Even in instances of zombies that can sprint, in modern countries it's only a question of how many people are you willing to sacrificing in order to save some of them, and how much fire power you're capable of dishing out. Equestria is likely low on either of these since they are not a modern country by our standards, and having lived relatively peaceful lifestyles, they will have a much harder time, but I think they will make do.

• Brohoof 1

I feel that this depends on whether a pony that gets zombified is able to use the abilities that it would have in life. Like, can zombie unicorns remember the spells they used to be able to cast, and can zombie pegasi remember how to use weather to their advantage? If not, I have a feeling that the ponies would be able to contain the infection, for the same reason that in a real zombie apocalypse human military weapons like napalm and gatling guns would seriously hamper the spread of zombie virus. I mean, when you think about it all zombies can really do is shamble towards things and try to get within melee range. They can't use stealth or tactics, so even in a city they might have a difficult time spreading before everyone gets evacuated.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lol thanks guys!!! as you might have guessed im a HUGE PvZ fan and therefore the feedback might help me someday make a video of my own! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

On 4/18/2018 at 7:04 AM, Hollow Wing said:

I feel that this depends on whether a pony that gets zombified is able to use the abilities that it would have in life. Like, can zombie unicorns remember the spells they used to be able to cast, and can zombie pegasi remember how to use weather to their advantage? If not, I have a feeling that the ponies would be able to contain the infection, for the same reason that in a real zombie apocalypse human military weapons like napalm and gatling guns would seriously hamper the spread of zombie virus. I mean, when you think about it all zombies can really do is shamble towards things and try to get within melee range. They can't use stealth or tactics, so even in a city they might have a difficult time spreading before everyone gets evacuated.

Well, there's a pretty good chance of that cuz the PvZ zombies have been known to make huge robots, get their heads trapped in amber on PURPOSE, use the plant's abilities against them, and even open rifts in time to call otherwordly reinforcements.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, SharpWit said:

I read a zombie mlp fanfic once. It was one of those it's so bad that it's good types. All of Equestria was dead within a week I think. I read it a long time ago but everypony died for 2 reasons. Firstly, cars don't exist and trains were probably quickly over run. Earth ponies can run all they want, Pegasi fly all they want, and Unicorns teleport all they want if they know how to, but they could never get very far ahead because the undead don't need to rest. Secondly, zombified pegasi could still fly for a short time after being infected which was a serious game changer since attack was now possible from all directions above. Thirdly, characters kept sacrificing themselves to save others or to buy time for the rest to get away from the hordes.

I'm going to make my own assumptions for ponies vs. zombies. They're not that fast but they retain traits from before death. Zombified pegasi with undamaged wings could still fly for a short time but it would become clumsy and the wings would be one of the first appendages to be lost. Zombified unicorns could cast raw destructive magic but it can't be specifically directed at anything and is likely to damage themselves more than anything else. Zombified earth ponies are stronger than the other two.

Could ponies survive this? Yes if they were smart about it. Make use of fortified structures to keep the hordes at bay. Armor would slow pegasi down but provide them with lances and they can maintain control of the skies. Direct torrents of rain upon the undead. They'll be slowed down by resulting mud and the moisture will quicken decomposition. Unicorns can either cast shields or hold objects up to act as them. They could also use objects as projectiles if they cannot cast a magical energy beam. Having the royal guard perform the phalanx formation and having a defensive line behind a trench that they can retreat past will prove most affective. In the long run spears are the dominant weapon against this sort of threat. In our world we'll eventually run out of modern ammunition, and things could potentially go bad enough that large scale production of napalm like substances, powder based firearms, and Napoleonic tactics, simply aren't viable options.

Even in instances of zombies that can sprint, in modern countries it's only a question of how many people are you willing to sacrificing in order to save some of them, and how much fire power you're capable of dishing out. Equestria is likely low on either of these since they are not a modern country by our standards, and having lived relatively peaceful lifestyles, they will have a much harder time, but I think they will make do.

Bearing in mind that im talking about the many types of PVZ zombie like Football Zombie (runs really fast, tackles/takes down the first thing it hits, and throws EXPLODING IMPS - im not lying-) and the Zombot (able to withstand almost all attack including magic - More powerful than Megatron in MLP vs TRANSFORMERS) weird skull zombie (can use the magic against them by shooting it at them) Miner Zombie (digs and pops up wherever it feels like it wants to) and Jetpack zombies with Z-Mech zombies and balloon zombies, i reckon that soon the fate of Equestria will be in Zomboss's hands.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:24 AM, Pr0m4NV14 said:

This question is dependent on whether the zombies are the slow-ass type that are really brain dead or the Über-fast Micheal Jackson dancing zombies.

Image result for michael jackson zombie dance gif

Neither. They are the strictly vegetarian (JK) All typed (see SharpWit's reference in my reply) and Brain eating zombies of PVZ.

Edited by PvZMLP
spelling error

19 hours ago, Im_not_crazy_im_just said:

Tbh they would try talking to them as if they were normal ponies but then realize that they are zombies and the would try to keep themselves alive. Then again their first suspect would be discord.

Welp. Its actually a mad zombie scientist with a robot able to survive nuclear explosions, let alone magic.

Ponies may be all about friendship but they're not stupid when it comes to zombies. They're not just going to throw their arms around them and smother them with kisses until the zombies decide to take a little bite. In all likelihood the ponies would recognize the problem and use their magic to defeat or cure the zombie horde. 

Maybe the ponies would bite the zombies and turn them into pretty pastel equines, romping around the meadows and uncontrollably spreading friendship to all they encounter.  

13 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Ponies may be all about friendship but they're not stupid when it comes to zombies. They're not just going to throw their arms around them and smother them with kisses until the zombies decide to take a little bite. In all likelihood the ponies would recognize the problem and use their magic to defeat or cure the zombie horde. 

Maybe the ponies would bite the zombies and turn them into pretty pastel equines, romping around the meadows and uncontrollably spreading friendship to all they encounter.  

Ummm... sure the ponies have their strengths and everything else just like anypony but these are smarter than your average zombie

On 4/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, SharpWit said:

Um that's three reasons. (anyone counting?)

11 minutes ago, PvZMLP said:

Um that's three reasons. (anyone counting?)

Thanks for bringing that numerical error to my attention 2 weeks after the fact? :confused:

Either the ponies would try to be nice to the zombies and would get eaten alive, or they'd do the normal reaction and get out of there. It can go either way.

2 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Thanks for bringing that numerical error to my attention 2 weeks after the fact? :confused:

Lol :please:

1 hour ago, Mohawk Blaze said:

Either the ponies would try to be nice to the zombies and would get eaten alive, or they'd do the normal reaction and get out of there. It can go either way.

Best reaction yet :D  (no offense)

lol3232.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 3:58 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Pinkie Pie would have no trouble getting along with dancing zombies!

#NeonMixtapeTour:TheGreatestHits 

There Pinkie can boogie with Dancing Zombies and Plants all day long (and night)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...