Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Did sombra's story just reveal something huge?

Cimarronboy

I read the sombra comic earlier this morning and something hit me. Nopony knows exactly what happened to Cadences parents. In the wedding episodes Chyrssy continued to prefer Cadences full name, Mi Amore Cadenza. The princess in charge of the crystal empire (currently Cadences charge) during Sombra's original attack was named Amore. Could the princess Amore (whose crystallized shards are scattered across Equestria) from the comic actually be Cadences mother? Yeah it could be a coincidence seeing as how much in common they have but the evidence points both ways. Everypony check out the story (Fiendship is magic number 1 Sombra) and see what you think. If  my theory is correct, wouldn't it be a cool episode for sombra to return, all the shards are somehow found and reassembled and sombra is taken out by a mother/daughter tag team.It'd at least be nice to find out the truth behind the mystery. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Cimarronboy

Just to let you know I added the spoiler tag to your thread considering that there are some important details here. Keep in mind that plenty of people either have yet to read this or don't have access to it and don't want to be spoiled of any important details.

Thanks.  :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think Radiant Hope ran away from the Crystal Empire and the cursed placed upon her made her lose some crystal traits but she could still spread love and light with her horn and she is a distant relative of Cadance as well as the daughter of Amore it seems. She either had to stay with Celestia or wander off.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam

I don't know about Amore being Cadance's mother (since the story is supposed to take place 1,000 years ago), but I could see either Amore or Hope being one of Cadance's descendents.

Well, there is something else we have to take into consideration here: The lifespan of an Alicorn. According to Celestia and Luna, they can live for thousands of years, and are possibly immortal. There is a slight possibility Amore could be Cadences Mother. Do we truly know how old Cadence is?

Well, there is something else we have to take into consideration here: The lifespan of an Alicorn. According to Celestia and Luna, they can live for thousands of years, and are possibly immortal. There is a slight possibility Amore could be Cadences Mother. Do we truly know how old Cadence is?

Well, the show doesn't really give us much backstory here. What we know of Cadence's youth comes from the comics, as well as the book "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell."

1. In the comic arc "Neigh Anything"we have both Cadence and Shining Armor in a high school setting, and if you count them as canon (which I do), then Cadence can't be any anywhere near the age of Celestia and Luna; not to mention Radiant Hope can't be her mother.

2. Add in the fact that in the "Crystal Heart Spell" book Cadence is naturally born as a pegasus, IIRC. In a similar way in which Twilight gained her wings, Cadence gained her horn & magic through other means; which I presume has to do with her standing as the princess of love.

3. Somewhat unrelated to the main point, but in the "Journal of the Two Sisters" it is stated, or hinted at, that Celestia and Luna are not immortal; just have REALLY long life spans.

But yeah, that depends on how you look at the comics and books in respect to canon.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the show doesn't really give us much backstory here. What we know of Cadence's youth comes from the comics, as well as the book "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell."

1. In the comic arc "Neigh Anything"we have both Cadence and Shining Armor in a high school setting, and if you count them as canon (which I do), then Cadence can't be any anywhere near the age of Celestia and Luna; not to mention Radiant Hope can't be her mother.

2. Add in the fact that in the "Crystal Heart Spell" book Cadence is naturally born as a pegasus, IIRC. In a similar way in which Twilight gained her wings, Cadence gained her horn & magic through other means; which I presume has to do with her standing as the princess of love.

3. Somewhat unrelated to the main point, but in the "Journal of the Two Sisters" it is stated, or hinted at, that Celestia and Luna are not immortal; just have REALLY long life spans.

But yeah, that depends on how you look at the comics and books in respect to canon.

Good way of putting it. I cant think of anything to counter that.

(edited)

Wait a minute.

Princess Amore was turned to dark crystal (or something) and had the pieces scattered throughout the land.

A few days later it is revealed the six are going to be traveling across Equestria and righting wrongs that they come across.

Is it possible that they could find the pieces of Amore and restore her.

Do you think that this could possibly happen?

(I'm so hyped for this to be true)

Edited by IcefireInfinite
  • Brohoof 1

Wait a minute.

Princess Amore was turned to dark crystal (or something) and had the pieces scattered throughout the land.

A few days later it is revealed the six are going to be traveling across Equestria and righting wrongs that they come across.

Is it possible that they could find the pieces of Amore and restore her.

Do you think that this could possibly happen?

(I'm so hyped for this to be true)

Who knows, I doubt she'll stay shattered forever, and I wanted more of her since I read the Journal of the Two Sisters  :P

• Brohoof 1

Who knows, I doubt she'll stay shattered forever, and I wanted more of her since I read the Journal of the Two Sisters  :P

The possibilities for a story like that..... it would bring on an interesting 2 parter

Hmmm. Interesting notion, but I'm gonna say likely not. We know hardly anything about Cadence's backstory, besides that she was Twilicorn's foal sitter and that she performed a great act of kindness in one of the books which caused Celestia to transform her into an Alicorn. Though it was truly strange how she came out of the wood works in the S2 finale. I'm willing to say she was named in honor of the Amore of antiquity. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

3. There's also that age spell Star Swirl uses. (And he may still be alive today -- just in Yoda-style "retirement" somewhere obscure.)

However, one thing calls FIENDship's canonicity into question: Luna has her "filly" appearance there, but the Crystal-Empire-related flashback in Season 3 shows her fully mature.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Don't know if it would be cool if it were a mother/daughter tagteam. But it would be cool to see Sombra again. 

Cadence could well be related to Princess Amore in some way. 

Don't know if it would be cool if it were a mother/daughter tagteam. But it would be cool to see Sombra again. 

Cadence could well be related to Princess Amore in some way. 

In the comic, it is revealed that Sombra (or at least, a part of him) survived. His spirit is still in the Crystal Empire. 

In the comic, it is revealed that Sombra (or at least, a part of him) survived. His spirit is still in the Crystal Empire. 

You mean Fiendship is magic? That could be an essence of his spirit, however, the authors could just have been messing around, adding a little bit more feeling to the comic. However, they could still use that to bring him back. This is all subjective. 

You mean Fiendship is magic? That could be an essence of his spirit, however, the authors could just have been messing around, adding a little bit more feeling to the comic. However, they could still use that to bring him back. This is all subjective. 

He is the supossed Lord of Shadows. A shadow is never destroyed completely. The love shield that "Destroyed Sombra" at the end of The Crystal Empire could have possibly not have destroyed him. Before the Twin sisters banished him, he had a full form. He regained that full form again when he regained control of the Empire. As long as there is a remnant of him alive (even as a memory) there is a possibilty that he could return. He may not return to full power agaim, but he is very well still their. For a shadow can never be truly destroyed

It's been confirmed the comics have no influence on the show, the comics are a seperate universe which is sad really as there is some good material to use such as Nightmare Rarity. Though who's to say it's not possible that the show can't tie in within the comics, Hasbro should really look into a whole new universe and expand it much like how Marvel and their animated shows are tying in with everything.

• Brohoof 1

3. There's also that age spell Star Swirl uses. (And he may still be alive today---just in Yoda-style "retirement" somewhere obscure.)

However, one thing calls Fiendship's canonicity into question: Luna has her "filly" appearance there, but the Crystal Empire flashback in Season 3 shows her fully mature.

I don't think that by itself should reallly nix the canonicity of the story; at least it won't for me anyway. It's like in Star Trek where if the visuals conflicted with the plot or established lore the visual could be discredited; like phaser beams coming from photon torpedo tubes on DS9.

In any case I did forget about that age spell; would be interesting to see how that plays into all of this.

He is the supossed Lord of Shadows. A shadow is never destroyed completely. The love shield that "Destroyed Sombra" at the end of The Crystal Empire could have possibly not have destroyed him. Before the Twin sisters banished him, he had a full form. He regained that full form again when he regained control of the Empire. As long as there is a remnant of him alive (even as a memory) there is a possibilty that he could return. He may not return to full power agaim, but he is very well still their. For a shadow can never be truly destroyed

This is of course all subjective since the ones that hold the true power are the authors of the comics and the show producers. It will be for them to decide if he returns (just like it is up to Blizzard what happens in WoW and the comics and novels). 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

He regained that full form again when he regained control of the Empire.

Quite the opposite (as implied by FIENDship): The giant shadow was his real form, and being too close to the Crystal Heart reverted him enough to give Spike, Shining, and Cadance an opening.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

Quite the opposite (as implied by Fiendship): the giant shadow was his real form, and being too close to the Crystal Heart reverted him enough to give Spike, Shining, and Cadance an opening.

Well, what do know. It is just a theory. A PONY Theory...... wait. Darn it, an analyst has already done that :(

This is of course all subjective since the ones that hold the true power are the authors of the comics and the show producers. It will be for them to decide if he returns (just like it is up to Blizzard what happens in WoW and the comics and novels). 

And that sucks. I thought the new Sombra story would be revolutionary to my defense case of Sombra. I guess I cant use it in my blog, though. Trying to stick to canon.

• Brohoof 1

That and the fact the crystal heart WEAKENS him not kills him. In the comic it said there were dark crystals buried beneath the empire. Who's to say he isn't among them taking a breather to regen, replan, and recharge before launching a new attack? It's a highly effective strat I myself have used.   

As for my fave unicorn wizard: Who knows but that'd be kinda cool to get more info and maybe even see him. 

Canon wise it's impossible to completely separate the comics and the show. Some of the info in either has to be legit if it's involved to the plotline of the other, i.e the cade\armor issues had cadence babysitting twi, something mentioned in the show. Another, more recent example is the tirek issue. In one panel a specific draconequus can be seen backing how they knew each other in the show.