Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Events/Special days?

10InTheTardis

Alright, what I'm suggesting is more days like Villain day, but not just about villains. Last villain day was hilarious and I'd love to see more days such as 

- Celebrity day (dress as a celebrity, also, saying quotes from them would be funny)

-Opposite day 

-Hero day (perhaps right after villain day, if someone was a villain the next day they could be the hero that goes against that villain, almost like villain day ends when Hero day comes and defeats it.)

-Too Many Mods day (Or maybe just too many Forum members day, people make their accounts look almost the same as someone else's, although things could end up a bit out of hand, so I'd suggest a few rules, such as: You must be able to tell the two accounts apart, so they can't be exactly the same, like maybe you have to have something signifying what user you normally are. or: You need to ask the person you want your account to look like first (I guess since mods will have a million people asking them someone can make an official thread for the day and the mods can say if they're okay with it or not.) and you need to make sure that by having a similar avatar you aren't stealing someone else's artwork.

-Dynamic Duo Day: Forum members can change their avatar/account names to look like two or more characters that go together in some way, like flim and flam, for example.

Adding any special day would be really great (Especially if it's one from the list, because if it is, that means a moderator-senpai noticed me!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Members are able to suggest their own events by going to the site's calendar, and clicking the "Add Event" button near the top. Then, if it is accepted, it'll show up on the calendar. :)

Feel free to go submit your own events! :D

• Brohoof 2

I've always had an insanely high number of ideas for multiple events that can be enjoyed by everyone on MLPForums.

• Mods are asleep day: just as it says, a single day where there are no Moderators, no Administrators not Sectional Mods, for the sake of its meaning. It would have a few rules beforehand to avoid big issues, but it would make things a bit more fun around.
  • Shipping Day: i even made an event before about this. The premise is to change your avatar, signature, and even name (if possible) to show your favourite shipping or friendshipping.
  • Opossite Day: for a day, be the opossite that you would normally are. Your favourite pony is your least favourite pony, your least favourite pony is your favourite pony...you would catch the way it goes.
  • Role reversal day: the roles on MLPForums are reversed. Staff members are on the normal users group, and normal members are on the staff group. Of course, they won't have any changed permissions, it would be just a visual change.
  • Suscriber day: it would be at any random date, once each prolonged period of time, and it would consist of all the users having a 1-day access to Suscriber perks, like member title, bigger image size, etc...
  • Blame Simon Day: it speak for itself. No explanation needed

[A combination of season-related days: for example, a Summer day, where your avatar, signature, name and member title (if possible) are Summer-related, in spirit of the seasonal change. It would be the same for the rest of stations (Spring, Autumn and Winter).

I'll do something, and call the one (more exactly, the only one) Event Coordinator, @Jeric, and see what does he think of all this things and ideas.
  • Brohoof 1

I've actually been thinking about adding some stuff to the calendar. Little things, but in the past the community has responded positively. As Blue Moon said, pick a date, toss it on the calendar, and I will personally try to be better about approving stuff added there.

• Brohoof 4

Mods are asleep day: just as it says, a single day where there are no Moderators, no Administrators not Sectional Mods, for the sake of its meaning. It would have a few rules beforehand to avoid big issues, but it would make things a bit more fun around.

Justice nevers sleeps. :okiedokielokie:
  • Brohoof 1

@@Blue Moon, Also, if you want to re-submit your "Team Day" I'll approve it.

We now also have the 25th of this month designated to "Towel Day," honoring the writing, life and death of Douglas Adams, writer of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the subsequent books he wrote. RIP.  :(

• Brohoof 3

@@Blue Moon, Also, if you want to re-submit your "Team Day" I'll approve it.

We now also have the 25th of this month designated to "Towel Day," honoring the writing, life and death of Douglas Adams, writer of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the subsequent books he wrote. RIP.  :(

Yay. :) On both things too; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is an awesome trilogy.