Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My problem with Fimfiction.net (Discrimination)

Tom Snyder

I'm a victim of discrimination, i have asperger's syndrome, which i will make mistakes unintentionally and frequently. This is who i am, and i cannot take it back or get rid of it. And i tried to do this on a blog, it was never flamming them; just stating the truth about what they did to me. But guess what? I'm sick of having this happen to me! I've done nothing wrong or punishable, and i'm not stopping until they apologize and restore my right to get my stories back. Last time i told them i have this condition, here's what i get: "Stop making excuses, we're done talking to you." What the buck?! 

Now tell me, is that not abuse? I've even sent them mail to get them back, but again they ignore me, proof of this claim. If they cannot understand my problem, then they've lost the right to be admins/mods on that site. I never changed one story into a new one, only changed how the story went, and changed the title because i didn't like how it sounded. How would that be a new story? That's they're excuse to punish me for being myself. Is this justifiable to you? 

If you admins want to shutdown every topic i make because you support these people and what they do to me, you're no better than they are. So quit defending their illegal actions. Its a crime to do this to me, and here's another piece of evidence, and i quote:

"We sent you two warnings for rewriting your old stories into new ones, so you will not get your stories back." 

I did nothing of the sort, and they deny it. I never once got a warning, and they won't provide proof of that to me. My account saves any deleted pms and i got none saying i did anything wrong. I just want  to be treated equally, not like a freak!  :(

So admins, before you shut down this post because of ignorance, i want you to ask them; why do you punish a person who has a disorder? They're response will be incriminating enough.

Edited by Candy Star

Rules are rules. You can't use AS as an excuse to circumvent that. I don't know the whole story here, but I do know that FiMFiction is a very heavy moderated site. If you did something against the rules, no one cares about your neurological state. It's about *what you did.*

And, besides. It's the admin's site, so quite frankly, they can do whatever they please. They pay for it, they created it; it's theirs. They don't have to do anything. You really don't have the right to tell them how to run their site. No one does.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 11

Oh yeah, i'm sure they won't mind me putting a lawsuit against them for discrimination. They abuse their power, and never listen to my explanation. This is unjustifable, and i'm not taking this sitting down. You try explaining this to them an see how they react to me, they don't have the right to treat me so disrespectfully.

For some reason, I have a hard time taking this so seriously. Lawsuits cost money. Really, dude, it's not worth your time. It's just a story. It's just a website. You're making this out to be something big, but it's not. People get their crap taken down from websites *all the time.*

• Brohoof 5

Psh. I don't know much about FiMFiction or its rules. But I'm pretty sure (Speaking as somebody who also has aspergers) that its only discrimination if they're like "Yep, this guy has aspergers. Lets fuck with him". 
From what I can tell from reading this you either broke a rule, or it seemed like you broke a rule. So they removed your stuff. 
Whatever condition you have doesn't really mean you have any right to disobey the rules. So its not really discrimination, more treating everybody equally no matter what condition they have. Because honestly if it were the case that you could ignore rules because of this literally everyone who uses the site could then go "Oh well if I can break rules if I claim I have AS , why shouldn't I?"
Just opens a massive can of worms.
Sorry it happened but >.<

• Brohoof 6

I'd hate to come off as rude, but it's not really discrimination. If I'm reading your post correctly, at no point did they treat you badly because of your disorder, they treated you badly because of your actions. Those are two completely different things, and not really something you can get them in actual trouble for. Just upload your story to fanfiction.net if it's super important to you.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Its personal when i i don't get a chance to defend myself. I ask them what's wrong, and they only tell me a vague answer, brushing me aside. I wanted to explain, but they have the nerve to ignore me.

Edited by Candy Star

Its personal when i i don't get a chance to defend myself. 

Personal, but not discrimination.

At the most its vaguely dickish.

They crossed the line with me, i did nothing to break the rules, and they know it. You guys have no idea what this does to me, all they are is a bunch of pricks who don't know how to do their job properly.

Sometimes you don't get the chance.

Sometimes you just have to step back and let things happen. There are so many injustices in the world--if you get so worked up over each one, you'll never be happy a day in your life.

Be the bigger man (or woman), and let it go. Take a step back. Just listen to yourself. "All they are is a bunch of pricks..." you say.

Does that seem very mature to you?

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 4

They are ignorant, and no, i'm never happy because of how they treat me. As i've said, no warnings given until only got the first one just now of all times. They must prove to me that i did as they claim, not brush me aside like an insect. Its people that act all high and mighty that think they can do whatever they please to hurt someone, and they've done it. I will not give up on this until they apologize for wrongfully accusing me.

not sure if i fully understand what the problem is here( fimfiction "punished" you, for changing stories into new ones(?))

You could clarify what exactly happened, which would make it easier for us to properly judge.

So let us just assume that you are in the right here. Maybe they are just dicks( discrimination would really be the wrong word here), what is stopping you from just creating a new account and uploading new stories there? you shouldnt get attached to your old ones anyway.

And if you are not, then just accept that your AS cannot give you the right to break rules.

(edited)

I told you, i only rewrote story on its page, just the wording and title were changed. How hard is that to understand? It was never made into a new story, not once. :( They even said i could do this, but they lied to me, that is unforgivable.

Edited by Candy Star

Well maybe it came off that way.
Besides, if you want them to apologise you're really going the wrong way about it. 
If I were an admin on FiMFiction and I removed some guys work and they went mental at me and started accusing me of hating autistic people and threatening lawsuits I feel like apologising would be the exact opposite of what I'd want to do >.<
Honestly, if theres a way of politely appealing then do that, otherwise just upload it to fanfiction.net or something xD

• Brohoof 2

If you demand they apologize, you're giving them power over you. That is a very, very self-destructive attitude to have.

Just think: what happens if they don't? You're effectively placing them in a position where *they* control whether or not *you* are happy.

• Brohoof 3

If you're not happy with the way the site is run, let it go and post your doc somewhere else. The multiple warnings should have been a clue that you were breaking the rules. You chose to ignore them by using Asperger's as an excuse.

i didnt mean to offend you or anything, i was just saying that the OP is quite confusingly written, and it isn´t quite clear what the situation is.

Also, i don´t know the rules of Fimfiction, but if what you did was against the rules,well.. then you have broken the rules.

Again, just stop the drama, make a new account and start again there. Would be my advice.

(edited)

Well maybe it came off that way.

Besides, if you want them to apologise you're really going the wrong way about it. 

If I were an admin on FiMFiction and I removed some guys work and they went mental at me and started accusing me of hating autistic people and threatening lawsuits I feel like apologising would be the exact opposite of what I'd want to do >.<

Honestly, if theres a way of politely appealing then do that, otherwise just upload it to fanfiction.net or something xD

one even sympathized with me and agreed. But then did a 180 and turned against me for no reason.

If you demand they apologize, you're giving them power over you. That is a very, very self-destructive attitude to have.

Just think: what happens if they don't? You're effectively placing them in a position where *they* control whether or not *you* are happy.

Buck whatever they think, i never said i put a lawsuit against them. They need to own up to that false accusation. And that is abusing it regardless; i was polite and never was in any way aggressive against them.

If you're not happy with the way the site is run, let it go and post your doc somewhere else. The multiple warnings should have been a clue that you were breaking the rules. You chose to ignore them by using Asperger's as an excuse.

Now hold on just a minute! i'm not making excuses, they are. I'm not lying and never have in my life. Never got the warnings, that was a lie. This is the first time i ever even heard of it. So they are in the wrong, not me. 

Edited by Candy Star

one even sympathized with me and agreed. But then did a 180 and turned against me for no reason.

Buck whatever they think, i never said i put a lawsuit against them. They need to own up to that false accusation. And that is abusing it regardless; i was polite and never was in any way aggressive against them.

Oh yeah, i'm sure they won't mind me putting a lawsuit against them for discrimination. 

Honestly its entirely possible that when responding to them you came off as rude, honestly as somebody who's a moderator on other forums, whenever somebody makes an appeal it can go either way. Perhaps you came off as passive aggressive or mildly rude at some point. Perhaps they found the "I have aspergers syndrome" excuse annoying, especially if it got into accusing them of discrimination.

Either way, using another site is probably a good idea, or politely explaining the issue without going into the "you're being discriminatory" reasoning.

Trying to shame the entire site in multiple threads is probably not a good way to earn good will with admins you're trying to apologize to anyway >.<

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 3

i didnt mean to offend you or anything, i was just saying that the OP is quite confusingly written, and it isn´t quite clear what the situation is.

Also, i don´t know the rules of Fimfiction, but if what you did was against the rules,well.. then you have broken the rules.

Again, just stop the drama, make a new account and start again there. Would be my advice.

Do you even know what the word "edit" means? I only did that to the story to have it make sense.

By that i mean i was adding and taking away scenes that weren't needed.

i dont know and i dont care what you did to the story, i am saying that IN CASE it was against the rules, you should accept that you have broken them.

IF not , than you would be in the right.

Edited by Sceethe

Honestly its entirely possible that when responding to them you came off as rude, honestly as somebody who's a moderator on other forums, whenever somebody makes an appeal it can go either way. Perhaps you came off as passive aggressive or mildly rude at some point. Perhaps they found the "I have aspergers syndrome" excuse annoying, especially if it got into accusing them of discrimination.

Either way, using another site is probably a good idea, or politely explaining the issue without going into the "you're being discriminatory" reasoning.

Trying to shame the entire site in multiple threads is probably not a good way to earn good will with admins you're trying to apologize to anyway >.<

They owe me that much, i don't give a crap about the story being taken away, this is about being unjustly mistreated. An apology is the only way they can redeem themselves. :twi:

You really think you're the only user requesting these admins to lift your penalty? You really think that out of all of the posts they sift through every day, they would take extra time to reconsider yours just because you pulled an autism-card? Especially after you accused them of "discrimination"?

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 3

I ahd a barbershop do this exact thing to me, so i know when someone is treating me badly because of my problem. Some people just don't know how to treat others with AS with any respect, and i;ve been plenty respectful. I've done nothing aggressive or passive aggressive to them. Have not threatened them with a lawsuit yet. They don't deserve that site if its going to go down like this.

^ Pretty much this. The likelyhood of me apologising to somebody for a mistake substantially decreases by the time they've accused me of being a horrible bigot for just doing my job >.< 

Also for the vast majority of the time its kind of bad to expect people to discriminate in your favour all the time because of a managable medical condition (Which, not to be rude to the fandom, is probably pretty common here anyway >.<) people generally won't take that well at all xD

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 5