Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Banned Episodes?

Grumpy Enchantress

I doubt it.

I think the closest we've had were the changed Derpy scene from "The Last Round Up" and the rewritten script for "Spike At Your Service" because the original was considered too mean-spirited for Spike abuse.

I don't think that a script like that would make it to air if it had been written-but then again, other kid's cartoons have had episodes like that-so I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that something like that might happen it the future.

That makes sense. Shutting something down late in the process is too wasteful anyhow. I remember how upset I was about the Derpy thing. I still have a copy of the original scene, though.  :yay:

(edited)

IMO so far the whole season 5 looks like someone told the writers "After Twilight's Kingdom we're going to have to tone it down a notch if we want to keep our TVY rating", but I think someone checks the episodes before they are animated.  (lots cheaper to do it that way) 

Edited by sweetolebob18

^ But the season opener dealt with communism, and Tanks for the Memories basically dealt with death. ;)

If any episodes of MLP really were banned, they probably never made it past the script or storyboard phase.

It would have been 1000 times better than that Applejack piece of crap version that actually got made.

Normally I'd jump to AJ's defense,  :toldya: 

But, that episode was bad.   :wat: 

She can buck apple trees all day, pull a plow, destroy a carnival game - sending the bell flying - against RD, and stop a cart-full of ponies from flying off a cliff...  But she can't pick up a rock from her hoof?   :yay: 

I agree with you, I'd have preferred to see the original planned episode with Rarity.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 3

Normally I'd jump to AJ's defense,  :toldya: 

But, that episode was bad.   :wat: 

She can buck apple trees all day, pull a plow, destroy a carnival game - sending the bell flying - against RD, and stop a cart-full of ponies from flying off a cliff...  But she can't pick up a rock from her hoof?   :yay: 

I agree with you, I'd have preferred to see the original planned episode with Rarity.

Plot twist: AJ could pick her hoof up, she just didn't so that Spike would save her, even though her life was in danger. She wanted Spike to have his heroic moment. She knew that if something were to go wrong, she could easily destroy the timberwolf.

That episode has me rolling on the floor regardless. I can't help it, I'd still love it even if it was a feather holding down AJ  :lol:

-------------

I don't think there are any banned episodes per say that we know about, but I do know that the writer's were specifically told to not use punches and energy beams to the face during "Twilight's Kingdom". So they "banned" certain aspects.

• Brohoof 3

That episode has me rolling on the floor regardless. I can't help it, I'd still love it even if it was a feather holding down AJ  :lol:

If I wasn't an Applejackaholic, err, I mean... lol... But if I wasn't such an AJ fan, I'd score it higher.

Personally, I think it was one of Spike's best episodes, so, there's that.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, if an episode isn't good enough to be aired, then I don't really wish to watch it. 

I guess if I was a hardcore fan, maybe it'd be a different story. Who knows.

Sometimes banned episodes are pretty funny. Other times not. What comes to mind when I think of "banned episodes" are the old pokemon TV series that gave kids epileptic fits and stuff. ^_^

Plot twist: AJ could pick her hoof up, she just didn't so that Spike would save her, even though her life was in danger. She wanted Spike to have his heroic moment. She knew that if something were to go wrong, she could easily destroy the timberwolf.

-------------

I don't think there are any banned episodes per say that we know about, but I do know that the writer's were specifically told to not use punches and energy beams to the face during "Twilight's Kingdom". So they "banned" certain aspects.

Oh yeah, just for kicks I watched that one last night and I was dying laughing the whole time

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Technically, it isn't a "banned" episode, but when I was at Las Pegasus Unicon, at the writers' panel, one of the writers talked about a shelved episode idea in which Pinkie Pie and the rest of the Mane 6 all started speaking gibberish for fun, only for it to backfire. That's all I know.

Edited by Dolphanatic