Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Chrysalis's origin story. Good or bad?

TheMarkz0ne

So did anyone like the evil and rotten acorn at the end? I mean I understand they're on a time deadline, I found this a little lazy. It's the comic though, not the show. But the show won't give a changeling origin, so this is the next best thing. Maybe we will find out who made the acorn later.

@@TheMarkz0ne

Just letting you know I added the spoiler prefix & removed "spoiler" from the episode title.

No big deal; carry on. :)

-----

As for the bit at the end I'll have to look over it again, but I thought it was a great way to introduce her. Nothing big or grand; the changelings are similar to insects, so it makes sense to me. Not sure about that acorn though, but I'll have to look at it again.

@@TheMarkz0ne

Just letting you know I added the spoiler prefix & removed "spoiler" from the episode title.

No big deal; carry on. :)

-----

As for the bit at the end I'll have to look over it again, but I thought it was a great way to introduce her. Nothing big or grand; the changelings are similar to insects, so it makes sense to me. Not sure about that acorn though, but I'll have to look at it again.

Because the tree that sprouted from the acorn ate a bug, then mutations occured. So it seems it was the tree that birthed them.

I liked it. It basically said "Evil doesn't have big grand reasons for existing sometimes: it just IS."

They're like pestulent insects. There's no grand reason dreamed up by someone for why mosquitos should bite humans and transmit disease, Mosquito's aren't trying to kill humanity because they were abused in the past... They just do what they do because its their NATURE.

Changelings are just like any other horrible bug, they kill and eat because that's how they were born to be, and that's what they do. It reminds me of Aku's origin a bit too from samurai jack with the primordial pool thing.

Though, Thinking about changelings: Twilight DID give a diet that was something they could live on without killing ponies, so it does seem possible for them, if they chose to, to live peacefully.

Chrysalis had the best origin story. If gave just about as many questions as it did answers. She conquered two cities, got captured and escaped shortly after, then she vanished for a thousand years until she struck again.

I just wonder how they reproduce. There is clearly more now then there was at the beginning. Do they spawn from the tree still or do they lay eggs?

This story gives us a glimpse of how life evolved in equestria.

Chrysalis had the best origin story. If gave just about as many questions as it did answers. She conquered two cities, got captured and escaped shortly after, then she vanished for a thousand years until she struck again.

I just wonder how they reproduce. There is clearly more now then there was at the beginning. Do they spawn from the tree still or do they lay eggs?

This story gives us a glimpse of how life evolved in equestria.

I love how Chrysalis hibernates and has her commander take her place. It's good seeing an ending like that. Having her at full power pushing Twilight to the wall. 

I'm sure sure if they were truly hibernating or just pretending. The entire hive seemed to have sprung awake and dashed for the door rather quickly for a group in low activity mood. Not saying they don't normally do that in situations like that but this time feels more like an act.