Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zipp: "I remember that Twilight said that she put all of the magic in the crystals and the blank. So there's something else with her magic in it! Right?"

I believe the other thing she put the magic in is the cutie marks. That would explain why ponies could still get them while the magic was gone, and as we learned from Opaline that it's the ponies cutie mark magic that's powering the prisbeam, because they're the same magic. 

Also that Sunny's alicorn form is powered by the crystals/prisbeam and her connection with her friends and their connection with her empowers her alicorn form with their cutie mark magic which as I believe is the same magic that powers her. 

And when their cutie mark glows even though sometimes they don't show the stream leading to the brighthouse/prisbeam, lantern, Sunny when she's not an alicorn, etc, I believe that still means that their cutie mark magic/prisbeam/etc is growing stronger. 

And sense Opaline wants to steal their cutie marks which she believes is the source of their magic, she would have their magic as well as prisbeam and more easily be able to steal all the other cutie mark/prisbeam magic from the ponies. ImageImageImageImage