What things do you do at your age that others don't?

Reecejackox

Hm I don’t know if this count since I don’t believe there shouldn’t be any age difference  when talking to a certain age groups but at my age as 31; enjoying talking to older folks who are in their 60-80s than people around my age.  I tends to get nervous around talking to people around my age and can’t seem to stir interesting conversation with them either. It’s always about “family this and that” or “life is this and that”. People around their 60s-80s already been through all that and hate to talk about it. So it’s easier to have a more insightful and meaningful conversation with them other than “here’s my adult life story of the day..”

• Brohoof 1

The more I think about it, other than posting on a forum themed around technicolour ponies, I don't think there really is much due to my age bracket having quite a diverse set of interests. 

Some of the subjects I study in my spare time possibly? :huh:

Quite a few of people I went to high school with now are married and/or have children. While I do want to get married, I do not want children.

An obvious one is being part of the brony/pegasister fandom.

I am also way more into anime than my friends who are anime fans.

• Brohoof 2

I can think of a few things (I am in my mid-30s):

Spending most of my spare time doing solitary activities.

Browsing forums like this one.

Not spending much time watching TV or streaming.

Occasionally going to smaller furry fandom meetups (this is strictly anecdotal, but it seems like most of the people that attend them are young adult “Zoomers”).

• Brohoof 2

I'm 31.

Watching MLP obviously. Browsing forums. 

4 minutes ago, Gun Metal Zebra said:

Wearing diapers

Ditto :P

• Brohoof 1

well, the most easy and obvious answer would be being a brony. most bronies are like 20/30ish? but i’m a teenager. 

i love those curly straws. they make me so unfathomably happy. maybe it’s because they make me feel like a toddler again? i also love my plushies and still cannot sleep without one. 

also, it’s so weird to me what my generation is like. i haven’t touched alcohol/drugs ever, and i don’t plan on it. most of the guys my age have already lost their virginity/have dated (at least) 20 chicks in their lifetime, and i just don’t understand how. way too early for that sort of thing.

Being destructive. I am a chaotic bastard. I enjoy messing up everything, for some reason. I enjoy lying, manipulating, deceiving and tricking people. Ruining the good works.
I don't know what is wrong with me. I am just... wrong. Inherently wrong. I would have to ask God to fix me when this is all over. Because, I feel insane, I really do. And I know it is wrong. I am too destructive. Too chaotic, and cannot control myself.
There is something in the make up of my soul that is out of place. I feel like a wild card, and you never know which way I am gonna shoot. I've seen how leveled are most of the comments of other people on the forum, and life. But I feel like I am constanly on amphetamines/speed. I am spinning too fast. So, I would berely touch the accelerator and I already crashed. How do poeple manage to be normal? The whole world looks like it is going in slow-motion around me.

Not sure what I do other than still sleeping with a plushie at night and MAYBE paying more attention to my health/cholesterol levels for reasons other than just weight? I have noticed though my generation tends to do what the older ones would consider "childish" for far longer and I don't feel this is strictly abnormal anymore. [I've seen plenty of other 30 year olds who enjoy ponies, Pokemon, and video games] But I know what I DON'T do that others my age seem to commonly do -

• I don't consume alcohol. Never have and never will.

• Don't watch streams. I don't understand streaming culture in general and find it incredibly awkward to talk to someone via text whilst they respond with voice. It makes me feel like a weird robot, and the interaction feels weird and artificial. Like they don't actually care about me as a person and just want me there to be another of the many people in chat blathering nonsense so they can have their stream number go up. Never know what to say and by the time I do think of something to say during a stream, the streamer is already moving on to something else or my response gets overridden by the chat. [Depends on the size of the chat] I feel this hang up is quite specific to me and I haven't seen anyone else express it.

• Don't drive due to anxiety. I'll be working on that later though.

• Don't go to work, same reason as driving. I doubt this'll ever change.

• Don't like texting. I'd rather just talk to someone on the phone or with voice chat. It's far easier to discern intentions that way.

• Don't like using Discord to socialize. Nowadays, it's all about Discord - the older methods of communicating on the internet like forums are on a sharp decline. Discord feels too awkward and fast-paced to me in the same way that stream chats are. Whenever I join a Discord, I usually mute it and then forget it exists, because there's just waaay too much chatting going on for me to keep up with. It feels really disorganized and chaotic with many making five billion different chat sections. If it's not overwhelmingly fast, then it's a dead Discord. I just join them to lurk or to get useful information for things that don't have their own dedicated websites.

• And lastly, I'm not a social media person at all. Not on Instagram and I barely use Twitter. Again, it's this feeling of being insignificant in a face-paced world you can't keep up with.