Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your "Policy" on Following Other Members?

The Recherche

I quick scan someone's profile. I read the about me page, or the interests field. I see if that someone is active on the forum, either by posts and statuses. I try to interact. Sometimes i just press that "follow" button and hope that will be enough.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't do it at all. Even if I'd know someone IRL I still wouldn't. I'm mainly here to read general opinions on things, or occasionally discuss something. I don't really follow one or more specific persons here.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I'm a complete pushover, so if you reply to me even once, I'll probably follow you. I get super excited that people find my posts interesting enough to reply to, so I immediately want to smother them with my appreciation!:wub:

• Brohoof 1

I follow anyone who follows me, wants to follow me, or talked to me in my welcome post. I think about following lots of people, but I can’t help thinking that it would be weird if I just randomly followed people here without a visible reason. Does that make sense? I just feel awkward about it. But I want to follow more people. 

• Brohoof 1

I usually just follow people or follow them back, it’s good to meet new people though I have to avoid at some parts for my sanity so it’s like 50/50

• Brohoof 1

I do not follow people. As I understand following someone means I get a notification every time that person posts something. That would result in too many notifications. I am the sort of person who does not have unread emails in his inbox (by only getting important emails) and I would not want to have a bunch of notifications that I would most likely do nothing about. If the thread is interesting then I will eventually find it and participate, on the other hand, if the thread is not interesting, then a "followed" person posting in it will not make it interesting.

Either I am prepared to read every post of that person or the notifications are not needed.

It really depends for me honestly. I'm one of those people who have like 3 times the followers then the people they follow... except on the MLP Forums. Normally I'd follow someone if they follow me or who I'm like "omg you're so cool we need to be friends." And I'm happy to say I'm glad I did that because I made a ton of really good friends here.:D

3 hours ago, Bas said:

That's why I used to not follow very many people but staff a while back but turned off notifications of someone who posts that I follow has allowed to follow way more people without getting flooded.

If you do not get notifications, what is the purpose of a follow then?

Basically I follow:

1-He who follows Bastian will be followed by Bastian.

2-If Bastian approves of your behavior you will be followed by Bastian.

3-Because Reasons you will be followed by Bastian.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

On here I follow people back people who follow me. Same with friending people.

On FB/Instagram I only friend/follow actual friends and family. Crazy how many people who weren't even my friend in high school wanna follow me on social media now like no bye lol.

• Brohoof 1