Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your "Policy" on Following Other Members?

The Recherche

I'm not too strict with this kind of thing. If I've talked to a person or they just seem cool I'll follow them, or if someone I don't recognize follows me first I'll follow them back just because. who knows? maybe I'll make a new friend :)

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Snow Frostflame said:

Huh, I swear we were following each other at one point. Ah well.

We don't show up in each other's lists. Which is kind of strange, I thought I had friended you before "Friends" became "Followers."

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I usually just stick to myself and don't make a point of following anyone. If someone follows me I usually follow them back unless I forget to. I don't have the best set of social skills so I could probably do better if I tried. 

• Brohoof 2

i dont really follow anyone most of the stuff came from the old friends system and im too lazy to remove like 3k of inactive guys  as of back then i friended everyone who joined cause i wanted them to feel like they werent alone as back then i myself was really happy that i wasnt alone in the forum and i wanted to share that to others and let them know that someone is there for them

• Brohoof 3

• 5 months later...

I tend to follow members with similar interests. I always follow back when someone follows me. 

I'm a pretty chill pony, unless the discussion involves astronomy and telescopes. Good luck getting me to stop chatting! :mlp_please:

• Brohoof 4

Not following anyone on here right now, used to but last time when I bailed I deleted them all lol

Far as Twitter goes, if what they post is of interest then I'll follow them back, if they unfollow after that I block them. Figure people that use follower bots on twitter are worthless toads so yeah no second chances there :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

Most of the members here are kinda fleeting, so I don't think about it too much. I mean, ponies follow me but never interact, so, what's the point? It doesn't bother me, I just think most ponies come here with certain intents, carry them out (like RP), read through stuff for a while then go on their way. Perhaps less than a rolling 0.1% of the members here are social enough to stay in contact on a regular basis.

I do try to follow those that follow me, but I'm careful. I try to follow others without over-doing it (that is, I don't follow every new member I see...). I'll immediately re-follow any long-standing members cuz they are the good stuff.

I confess I really enjoy the forums and I really admire and appreciate this fandom. Wish I could get to know more of you.

• Brohoof 1

I am not the good stuff. oh... okay.

^) I know that I'm not active or trying to interact with anyone... it doesn't mean I don't want to... it's just that I'm afraid of making friends and talk to people. that's the main reason I leave the forums now and then.. and don't interact much with anyone more than a simple replying.

as for the topic: I don't mind any folks follow me, it's ok and doesn't mean anything (since I turned off the notifications, if my follower post something)

I follow ponies and other creatures here just because. sometimes I follow someone when I see interesting post of theirs and sometimes bc I find their profile pic cool. If I like you I can follow you or not if I'm too shy to do it (if I like you very much)... ^^)

as for other social media, I don't follow everyone who follows me. since most of 'em just using bots or it's someone I'm not interested in. yeah. I'm a bad person.

• Brohoof 2

Following is restricted, but not limited to a blood pact and the sacrifice of a platypus in statement against genetic manipulation. You'll be given a rank with an appropriate contract, a nice black robe, and weekly discount tickets for your mini-market of preference. Except fridays, that's bingo night.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Mine goes somthing like this: I only choose to follow someone if I know them somewhat, or if it's someone I'd like to get to know. Every now and then I go through my followers list and might unfollow anyone who doesn't even intereact with me or is no longer on the forums anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

If someone follows me, then I'll also follow them. Afterall, I must be doing something right to have them follow me in the first place, so it always feels right to thank them by following them in return and interact with them when chance allows. :-P

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...