Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How likely is the return of the "oneshot characters?"

ManaMinori

Is there potential for Ponies (and other species) like Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight's parents (Twilight Velvet and Nightlight), the Diamond Dogs, and other oneshot characters to make a reappearance in future episodes? How would you incorporate any of these characters into an episode?

dust off those imaginations

Shining Armor a One-shot? He's appeared in way more than one episode...

It's not impossible. We've seen characters like Trixie, the Flim-Flam brothers, Babs Seed, and Braeburn all reappear again in at least one episode.

Shining Armor a One-shot? He's appeared in way more than one episode...

It's not impossible. We've seen characters like Trixie, the Flim-Flam brothers, Babs Seed, and Braeburn all reappear again in at least one episode.

I feel like he was certainly created to be. Cadance, too. Because Hasbro demanded more princesses and royal weddings and such. Shining's only showed up in what, 2 or 3 episodes? (and he was only there because his waifu was there in her Hasbro demanded  crystal empire)

I feel like he was certainly created to be. Cadance, too. Because Hasbro demanded more princesses and royal weddings and such. Shining's only showed up in what, 2 or 3 episodes? (and he was only there because his waifu was there in her Hasbro demanded  crystal empire)

Canterlot Wedding, Crystal Empire, Games Ponies play, Equestria Games, Magical Mystery Cure, Twilight's Kingdom...Not always really important or big roles, but he shows up a decent bit, so calling him a one-shot character isn't really right. At the very least he'll probably get a cameo somewhere in the future.

It is certainly possible for 1 shot characters to return.  (Personally, I was hoping for Little Strong Heart to be in Appleoosa).  IDK how probable it is, though.  The Mane 6, Spike & the CMCs, that is 10 already.  They've already got serious plot overload.

I'd guess the Diamond Dogs (always need villains) & Trixie (surprisingly popular) to be the most likely.

• Brohoof 1

I'd actually expect Trixie to show up more then she has. She might not be part of the Mane6 but she does seem like she could have a small storyline plot somewhere trying to redeem herself much like how Sunset Shimmer did in Equestia Girls and how here and there you see Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight, and the Diamond Dogs walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "Hey, Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight, and the Diamond Dogs.  What'll you all have?"

Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight, and the Diamond Dogs all begin to order in unison.  Cherry Jubilee wants a cherry soda, Little Strongheart and Chief Thunderhooves want apple juice, Twist wants peppermint Schnapps but gets carded, Truffle Shuffle and Steven Magnet are characters I don't know anything about, Shining Armor can't figure out what to order without Cadance around, Velvet and Nightlight quietly discuss their order and roll their eyes at Shining (why can't he be more like his sister?), and the Diamond Dogs have water in separate dog dishes.

Photo Finish bursts into the building, "Vhy vazn't Photo Finish invited for ze one-shot plus Cadance's huzband get togethzer?!"  Long, awkward silence that fills the rest of the 22 minute time slot.  Then Photo Finish says, "Oh vell; I go NAO!"

The End.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Gilda might actually have a shot at returning judging by what we know about episode 8

Second episode in the show to have griffons as a focal point, both of them are PinkieDash episodes

Also Lightning Dust, according to one of the books(I think it was Fluttershy's) she and RD are still friends

Edited by Megas75

Maybe they'll do some cameos, but I think most of them won't reappear.

Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight, and the Diamond Dogs walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "Hey, Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight, and the Diamond Dogs.  What'll you all have?"

Cherry Jubilee, Little Strongheart, Chief Thunderhooves, Twist, Truffle Shuffle, Steven Magnet, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight, and the Diamond Dogs all begin to order in unison.  Cherry Jubilee wants a cherry soda, Little Strongheart and Chief Thunderhooves want apple juice, Twist wants peppermint Schnapps but gets carded, Truffle Shuffle and Steven Magnet are characters I don't know anything about, Shining Armor can't figure out what to order without Cadance around, Velvet and Nightlight quietly discuss their order and roll their eyes at Shining (why can't he be more like his sister?), and the Diamond Dogs have water in separate dog dishes.

Photo Finish bursts into the building, "Vhy vazn't Photo Finish invited for ze one-shot plus Cadance's huzband get togethzer?!"  Long, awkward silence that fills the rest of the 22 minute time slot.  Then Photo Finish says, "Oh vell; I go NAO!"

The End.

This is actually what the 100th episode is going to be. :P

• Brohoof 1