Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help for OC name

yisetab28

I've been writing a fanfic for a while, but I still need a name for one of the characters, a tank commander. I've been trying to figure out a name that would represent him, or any good name in general, but couldn't find one, so I'm asking you guys. The said commander already participated in previous wars, and because of that, has a lot of experience with firearms and combat tactics, but also because of that, he suffers from PTSD. Based on this info, how do you think he should be named?

Calibro Magno , it mean " Big caliber", and could be referred to his experience with fire arms, even those like 50 mm or else.

Btw, I think it will be a good name for a soldier character .

(edited)

Possible you have a picture of him? And if not, could you through him through the Pony Creator? And perhaps a cutie mark? (Don't need the picture of the cutie mark, just want to know what it looks like)

No picture, I'm not drawing colts yet. I won't use PC, and even if I did, I don't think his physical appearance would matter much in choosing a name for him.

Calibro Magno , it mean " Big caliber", and could be referred to his experience with fire arms, even those like 50 mm or else.

Btw, I think it will be a good name for a soldier character .

Sounds good, he does have less experience with big calibers though. He's the commander and was a scout in a previous war, the gunner specializes in using the tank's main guns. The only disadvantage is that it sounds way too cheesy and out of place for the character.

Edited by MCAsomm

What about Grounded Tread? (or something along those lines)

Not only does this reference him being a tank commander (alluding to the Tank treads), it also refers to his past as a scout (as he had to 'tread' ground)

• 1 year later...

Hrmm...So your going for more of a serious vibe eh? Well, pony names do tend to be pun-based which may defuse some of that intimidation factor. Hmm, how about....

Lone Wolf? With it's hint of ferocity? On the positive side, many military groups tend to go by animal based names, so for inspiration you could just look up the things pilots painted on the sides of their planes, or navy boats and the like.

Wanton Rancor? Hmm...could swear i've heard the name General Rancor taken from somewhere already....

Ooh! Or perhaps just string together the various code names together!   Like, Charlie Bravo!