Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MTF trans more common then FTM?

Justin_Case001

Judging from all the stories I've seen, I would say so.  It sure looks that way, and I have a theory as to why.  I believe it's because we all start out as female in early development.  Those that become male begin to change at a certain point in development.  Because the brain is so complex, it just seems logical to me that if a glitch happens in development, it would probably be more likely to result in the genitals changing, but not the brain, rather than the other way around.

What do you think?  Does it seem like there's more male-to-female transgenders than vice versa?  If so, why is that?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah there's a lot more MTF's than FTM's (from my perspective anyway). I think it's just because society is becoming more culturally feminine. Feminine ways of life for guys are becoming more and more accepted as fine.

I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

In general real life, outside of LGBT settings, the only individuals I've met who are transgendered have been FtM.

But I don't know... There are probably statistics on this somewhere. I just don't feel like I'm qualified to state much of anything on this. lol

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

In my experience, I've met more MTF than FTM, but that's anecdotal. There's probably some article or study out there that can provide more insight as to which one is more common.

• Brohoof 1