Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler will vinyl or octavia ever talk in the show ?

power strike

Siiiiigh...I don't understand just WHY people want these two (ore one, rather, since Octavia already has a voice) to talk. People have clung so tightly their developed headcanons of "it MUST be (insert fan VA's name here)" that they're not going to be happy if that character opens their mouth and a voice other than what everyone expected them to have come out

At this point, it's just bettr for Vinyl stay mute, so no one is left butthurt.as the would be if she spoke and destroyed everyone's precious headcanons

The fandom just doesn't know how to act maturely, and before you know it, more death threats will be sent to the VA's, because tantrums over not getting what they want

Since she didn't talk in the 100th episode (the one episode where everypony who normally doesn't talk is given a voice), at this point I think it's pretty clear that Vinyl will never talk.

• Brohoof 1

Octavia has quite a few speaking roles in the 100th episode, judging by the clips. From what I heard, They wanted Nowacking (You all may know her as the voice of Vinyl Scratch in the fan videos. ) for Equestria Girls 2. But, there was some clause in her contract , that she couldn't voice Vinyl in fan videos or something like that. Anyway, Nowacking turned it down. And from what I understand, since they couldn't get Nowacking, and because Nowacking IS Vinyl Scratch, they were worried they would piss off the Brony community or something if they replaced her voice with someone else. So, that is why we don't have a voice for Vinyl for Rainbow Rocks, or in the actual show. From what I understand.

Really?  Hmm.  I would have guessed that they just decided to make her voice a running gag like Wilson's face in Home Improvement, or Maris from Fraiser.  I didn't think that Nowacking was so big that they actually tried to get her, and when they couldn't, decided to keep Vinyl silent.  Wow.  If that's true, that's kind of amazing, actually.

Now, personally, I'm not that much of a fan of Nowacking, and I was really hoping that Vinyl would speak in Slice of Life.  Oh well.  I absolutely loved Octavia's voice, though.  Such a classy accent.

(edited)

But, in all honesty, I don't think Bronies would have really cared, if someone like maybe Tara Strong did Vinyl for the 100th episode, ETC. I mean from my understanding, most bronies, and even non Bronies love Tara Strong. (Heck, there are quite a few who have been saying that they were boycotting the new PPG show because of how Cartoon Network handled it and not signing any of the original Powerpuff girls voice actors back. ) On a totally unrelated note, I am probably gonna be one of those people not watching. 

I'm not sure, if it was true at all, it was just something I heard on Facebook one time, and it did make sense. I was trying to find articles that may have proved my theory, but, I couldn't really find anything.

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly

dunno why it even matters. Really. It's evident from Vinyl's character- where she's seen with headphones on as she's walking through the town- that she doesn't want to be bothered- as having music in your ears amongst a crowd is pretty evident that you don't want to talk to anyone, and just be left alone. Speaking from example, here. So why would Vinyl even need a voice if it's her choice- not only seen in the 100th episode, but even way back, in "Music to my ears", that she doesn't want to engage in conversation with anypony else? (though that's not to say if they jump in front of her and try to engage in conversation, she won't help them. She's just (presumably) willingly mute, not rude)

not having a voice makes her all the more unique, when everyone else has a voice of their own.