Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever talk to yourself aloud?

Grepper

I never started intentionally doing it for that reason, but I talk to myself aloud because it helps me process my thoughts more clearly. I do it very quietly, and I try to avoid it when I am around other people.

How about you folks?

• Brohoof 10

I do this a lot. When I am not talking with my boyfriend, I am usually alone and I have nobody else to talk with. So I tend to ramble to myself aloud. I have always been like that. Probably seems weird to anyone else that might notice but I can't bring myself to care.

• Brohoof 3

Hehe, all the time. Most of the time on my way home from school because I have nothing better to do. Most of the time I play tourguide for an imaginary person or I introduce myself for an imaginary crowd of people or I tell myself a story. :)

• Brohoof 3

Pretty much all day every day.  I would look like a hallucinating psychopath to anyone who could watch my private life.  But in reality I'm just desperately lonely, and I talk to myself because I have no one else to talk to.  It's a constant habit.  Sometimes I start talking out loud without even realizing it.  I'm doing it right now.

• Brohoof 3

Hehe, all the time. Most of the time on my way home from school because I have nothing better to do. Most of the time I play tourguide for an imaginary person or I introduce myself for an imaginary crowd of people or I tell myself a story. :)

Haha, man I do that too! I thought I was the only one.

Do I talk to myself? Sure! I'm well aware of it, helps me gather my thoughts, but it's also quite useful when I'm writing short stories, fanfic or otherwise. It helps me connect to the material I'm writing and the characters personalities. Or if I get really in to it and no body is around. I will act it out. Playing certain parts, saying the lines, moving in the way I'd expect them too.

Eenope, I never talk to myself aloud. I mostly keep quiet and talk from "within", I find that less distracting. Though I generally keep quiet and don't talk much at all, so I guess that might be why~

I do, It keeps me focused on the task at hand. Whether it's school work or a basketball game,talking to myself appears to bypass the madness in my mind and somehow rallies my consciousness to do work.

It also allows me to think logically where otherwise I would have thought with instinct.

Of course I talk to myself. Most of the time it’s more of a mumble. Especially when working on bigger artworks (30 hours upwards), I even critique my own picture constantly, write down my points and look at them at a later stage.

I'm just alone with myself most of the time so I'll just basically talk to myself. It's just something I do to feel less alone i think. Man that sounds sad. But you know, love yourself first right?  :adorkable:

Yep, I do a lot. It helps when Im working on complicated problems and I need to sort of walk myself through it. I also have a habit of talking to my technology for similar reasons. I don't expect the computer to reply back to me, but sometimes a little intimidation helps speed the fixing process along.

And sometimes, I do little play skits when I'm alone. That's mostly just for fun though.