Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler will vinyl or octavia ever talk in the show ?

power strike

@

As this topic has to do with the show it has been moved to Show Discussion, and a spoiler prefix has been added.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

Octavia is going to talk and she is going to have a British accent. On the other hand it seems that Vinyl will be letting her music doing the talking for her and will do simple hand gestures at most from what we have seen in her appearances so far in the show and in EG. I guess that is good because a lot of us would be disapointed if Nowhacking wasn't doing her voice :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In the upcoming 100th episode she'll talk (according to the two released trailers). We haven't seen Vinyl talk as of yet; hopefully she will (it better be the voice of NoWhacking :P).

Edited by Sommar

We haven't seen Vinyl talk as of yet; hopefully she will (it better be the voice of NoWhacking ).

I don't think that Vinyl will ever talk, Hasbro is smart, they know if they let her talk, hordes of disgruntled people will be knocking on their door angrily, shouting:" This isn't even come near to Nowacking's voice!".

• Brohoof 2

I don't think that Vinyl will ever talk, Hasbro is smart, they know if they let her talk, hordes of disgruntled people will be knocking on their door angrily, shouting:" This isn't even [/size]come near to Nowacking's voice!".

True. I never thought of that. If Vinyl did talk and it didn't sound like NoWacking's voice, it would be like Princess Twilight Sparkle all over again.

As I've said before, Laura Bailey could pull off a perfect Jessi Nowack impression for Vinyl.

I've chacked and I have to agree. She probably could do that yet Hasbro decided to make Vinyl voiceless.

For a second, I thought this thread was about Octavia and Vinyl having their own talk show. Octavia is the host who talks to the guests and Vinyl does music/sound effects.

• Brohoof 1

For a second, I thought this thread was about Octavia and Vinyl having their own talk show. Octavia is the host who talks to the guests and Vinyl does music/sound effects.

Hehe I would totally watch that. Octavia is my favorite BG character, so I was very happy to hear her speaking in a voice I always imagined for her. A show where these two are the hosts is a good idea.

Octavia spoke in Rainbow Rocks and she does so again in the 100th episode.

Vinyl doesn't say a word, it seems. I think they may be keeping her mute as a joke.

So im not sure on ware to put this but i was wondering will vinyl or octavia ever talk in the show ? if they did i guess i must've missed an episode xD

Octavia had a line in Rainbow Rocks (by Kasumi Evans), and she'll speak again in the upcoming episode, though, is unknow if Kasumi will reprise the role. Vinyl on the other hand, didn't spoke in RR, and I don't expect her to ever speak in the show ever

It's best Vinyl doesn't have a voice in the show, me thinks. No one wants a Vinyl that doesn't sound like Nowacking, and I suspect Hasbro would work out a way to legally keep her from doing anymore fan stuff if she did contribute a few official lines.

As I've said before, Laura Bailey could pull off a perfect Jessi Nowack impression for Vinyl.

The first time I heard Jessi Nowack's voice, I thought for a crazy moment it was Sherri Stoner instead, because to me she sounded almost exactly like Slappy Squirrel from Animaniacs.  So there's always her, if she can still do the voice after all these years.

Personally, I don't care really I don't care what her voice is like.  Fan animatioins are not the same as acutla atresses so just deal with it, you dont yell at dubs do you. no? then take what you get.

I personally like the fact that Vinyl doesn't speak in the show. I like to think of her as somepony who lets the music do the talking for her. I also find it kind of funny and cute how, despite the fact she doesn't speak, everyone understands her and know what she wants or needs. I think her having a quiet and chilled out personally suits her the best. That's just my opinion though.

She's one of my favourite characters too :D

• Brohoof 4

In the aforementioned clip, Vinyl does a lot of not talking.  Complicated not talking, and Octy, just takes it.  No, "what?" or "Did Timmy fall in a well?"  clearly she's a mute in the show.

Octavia has quite a few speaking roles in the 100th episode, judging by the clips. From what I heard, They wanted Nowacking (You all may know her as the voice of Vinyl Scratch in the fan videos. ) for Equestria Girls 2. But, there was some clause in her contract , that she couldn't voice Vinyl in fan videos or something like that. Anyway, Nowacking turned it down. And from what I understand, since they couldn't get Nowacking, and because Nowacking IS Vinyl Scratch, they were worried they would piss off the Brony community or something if they replaced her voice with someone else. So, that is why we don't have a voice for Vinyl for Rainbow Rocks, or in the actual show. From what I understand.