Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Number of Posts to Become a Moderator

Kivil
Go to solution Solved by Troblems,

Just a simple question.

What are the people that choose mods looking for in post counts?

I would really like to know how many more posts I need to do before I can become one or get chosen.

Thank you so much~ Kivil

post-33640-0-09518300-1434235994.png

• Brohoof 1

I don't believe post count affects anything to become a moderator. I'd think the dedication aspect and possibly going through a application would be more suitable for that right? As I said though I think that post counts don't affect your chances of becoming a moderator or at least it shouldn't.

• Brohoof 3

I don't post count affects anything to become a moderator. I'd think the dedication aspect and possibly going through a application would be more suitable for that right? As I said though I think that post counts don't affect your chances of becoming a moderator or at least it shouldn't.

Ok thanks, then I am going to try to become a mod!

(edited)

Moderation is something you apply for but your chances of being accepted are 0.5/10.... that is if they reply to your application....

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

As Gone Airbourne said, it's more about being a beacon of the community, staying out of trouble, and generally being helpful than the number of posts required. 

We've had people become staff a month or two after joining. It's really based on when we need people, the quality of posts and activity level than anything else. (Note that activity level =/= number of posts).

• Brohoof 3