Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

People seem to think that season 5 begins with slice of life....

Harshreality

Let's recap for a second here....

1) We have a decent season opener that tries new things, unlike pretty much every other two-parter. Solid.

2) Castle-Sweet-Castle... An okay episode, with a decent song, and a story that the people compaining about a lack of simple "slice of life" episodes conveniently forget about...

3) Bloom and Gloom... One of the better applebloom episodes, and the end of a CMC ark.... definately not bad

4) Tanks for the memories. Sure, it could be argued that RD is out of character here, but we have great character moments with fluttershy and a great song.

5) Appleloosa's most wanted.... Okay I think this one was a bit lacklustre. Nothing more to say.

6) Make new friends but keep Discord was very funny, with more Discord development, worldbuilding and a great new character. Also great Maud moment.

7) Finally Griffonstone was arguably the best episode of the season so far... More worldbuilding, a great return from Gilda and a good adventure.

So I have to say... What is everyone raving about. All I'm hearing is that season 5 sucks, only because Slice of Life was maybe mediocre from a certain angle. There are MANY great things in season 5, and it isn't even half over yet! Worldbuilding, little-character moments, adventure.... People were begging for these things before the season started, but it really seems now that people are hating for the sake of hating. What do you think?

Let's recap for a second here....

1) We have a decent season opener that tries new things, unlike pretty much every other two-parter. Solid.

2) Castle-Sweet-Castle... An okay episode, with a decent song, and a story that the people compaining about a lack of simple "slice of life" episodes conveniently forget about...

3) Bloom and Gloom... One of the better applebloom episodes, and the end of a CMC ark.... definately not bad

4) Tanks for the memories. Sure, it could be argued that RD is out of character here, but we have great character moments with fluttershy and a great song.

5) Appleloosa's most wanted.... Okay I think this one was a bit lacklustre. Nothing more to say.

6) Make new friends but keep Discord was very funny, with more Discord development, worldbuilding and a great new character. Also great Maud moment.

7) Finally Griffonstone was arguably the best episode of the season so far... More worldbuilding, a great return from Gilda and a good adventure.

So I have to say... What is everyone raving about. All I'm hearing is that season 5 sucks, only because Slice of Life was maybe mediocre from a certain angle. There are MANY great things in season 5, and it isn't even half over yet! Worldbuilding, little-character moments, adventure.... People were begging for these things before the season started, but it really seems now that people are hating for the sake of hating. What do you think?

Many anti-fandom Bronies and Pegasisters or simple sane fans dislike the amount of fan service and conflict going on with Slice of Life so they often find it a dumb episode.

I completely agree however. It's quite silly with everyone thinking the show is rotting all of s sudden with season 5. Not my favorite season so far but it's better than nothing! There are a quite a handful of great things in this season fo what it has in store for us really. And I feel a lot of season 5 is a shoutout to the fandom with continuity like with past characters and such. I also agree The Lost Treasure of Griffinstone is amazingly well written! Also managed to make Gilda likable for me.

In my opinion, season five has been the best so far. If the entire season continues like this, it'll easily be my favorite. I mean, there's only two episodes I consider to be of lesser quality. Appleoosa's Most Wanted, which was just meh but not actually bad. And Princess Spike, which was a little better than AMW, but not by much. Every other episode has been great to glorious for me. Especially Party Pooped, which overtook A Friend in Deed as my favorite episode of the show.