Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a reason why there are no action figures?

KillerKingBakudan

(edited)

As much as I love the Funko line, I don't see why any existing MLP figures, from Hasbro or otherwise, couldn't have been sculpted with articulation and interchangeable parts in mind. Most of the ponies share the same base design in the show, so it's easily more cost effective to tool than other brands, plus it'd be guaranteed to sell since you could actually do more with the figures than just have them sit there.

I'm sure Figma or S.H. Figurarts would be right for the job.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate
  • Brohoof 1

Most likely because My Little Pony isn't the kind of brand where they'd have action figures in mind...which sucks because I'd totally get a Rainbow Dash action figure

• Brohoof 1

They could, but MLP isn't once of those franchises to have action figures. I think they just thought the dolls or other figures they already have at stores is enough. 

It would be easy to make new characters, but the cost of the toy itself would likely be too high, especially since you have four legs to articulate. Now they did make some toys with movable legs, the Shine Bright and Zoom n' Go ponies, but they were not jointed at the knees, and the Shine Brights look very awkward head on.

There could be a market for one as an adult collectible, though, if enough people show interest.

It probably just would not be worth the investment overall. The cost would be higher to produce them and they would most likely only be bought by us bronies for collecting purposes. I bet a third party could potentially do this if Hasbro allowed them too, but it would first take a company that would see the a point to such an investment.

With that, I would totally buy these though of they were a thing. Imagine a super awesome Derpy with ninja fighting gear! :derp: Super Derp Ninja Pony.