Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reasons why having first love experiences at a late age sucks

RainbowMau

Have you tried seeing a therapist?  You seem to have very dark views of love, and I think it stems far deeper then just not having been in a relationship at a young age.  

Agreed. Whatever the problem may be, it's probably physiological for sure.

Curiously someone from your family tree seems to be lost... Somewhere!

800px-Fluttershy_and_Rarity_surrounded_b

Okay, okay, let's all calm the f*** down. I'm just making funny gags from shows and movies, you are... just... wow...

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

(edited)

a lot of people find the loves of their life at an older age.

I'd like to know who they are, cause I've never seen anyone saying things like "I had my first kiss at 25, it was beautiful!" or "I had my first girlfriend at 30, it was very cute!"

Maybe reading them would make me feel a little better.

Edited by RainbowMau

I'd like to know who they are, cause I've never seen anyone saying things like "I had my first kiss at 25, it was beautiful!" or "I had my first girlfriend at 30, it was very cute!"

"I had my first kiss at the age of 25.  It seems pathetic when I write it, but I think my late age may have made it feel even more special.  I was in graduate school, as was she.  She had just failed out of the program; I had passed my exams.  It was a late night and we were talking our way through this terrible new development.  She took it better than I did, I think.

It was warm and pleasant, a perfect Midwestern summer night.  We had known that we liked each other, but had been putting things off until exams were over.  It was clear something would happen soon.  We spent the evening looking at stars in the park and talking. When it got late, we walked back to my place, and kissed on the porch steps.  Somehow, even at 25, I felt like Kevin on the Wonder Years.   She went home right after that.  The kiss was it that night, and it was perfect.

and he goes on to say how he always remembers it.

the rest of the stories are about awkward teens that i didn't really read through, so idk how sfw this is.  but i did see the word vomit at the bottom of one, so i can't imagine they were that great.  lol

source- http://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dish/archive/2010/08/more-first-kiss-stories/183499/

• Brohoof 2

Dude, I think you pretty well got your answers to this last time:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/105426-reasons-why-having-first-love-experiences-at-a-late-age-sucks/

Love, passion, good times, bad, are all memorable events (assuming you don't have brain problems like alzheimer's) at any age. I don't know what your deal is with 'young love' which is often an overrated and embarrassing part of people's lives. Those that say otherwise are looking at it through rose colored glasses.

This is really the answer you should consider, @RainbowMau. Your obsession with the "glorious first love experience" is making you sound like a broken record, honestly, and you aren't helping yourself by doing that. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment when it doesn't go the way you wanted it to be, because of these high expectations. I'd suggest finding a hobby or something, hopefully to get your mind off of this.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but just out of concern. There are more things to be worried about.

I know everyone who had their first love experiences at childhood or 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 years old remember their first love experiences, but those who had them later at an old age don't remember them with the same passion, I saw no one who had their first love experiences at a late age talking about it, and well, that would mean my first love experiences at my age won't be that memorable. So, what's your opinion on this topic? Do you think first love experiences at an old age can still be momorable? IMO from replies I received in previous similar topics here I'd bet all my money that no.

RainbowMau, this topic is essentially a duplicate of the thread you started earlier concerning romance later in life.  I took the liberty of merging them.  Dude, it's not that bad.  :)  Yes, young love gets way too much attention in movies, anime, literature, and so on.  Maybe a first kiss at, say, 30, won't have the same fireworks as one at 15.  I'll give you that.  For the record, I had very little luck with ladies in my teens.  Do I feel like I missed out on something?  Eh, maybe, but not much.  Part of the magic is that, at a young age, you really don't know what you're doing.  :/  But as I got older, I also learned that I had plenty of company.  Many people, boys and girls, don't have romantic encounters in their teens.  Ultimately we all live in the here and now and it's possible to have a wonderful love life well into old age.  Please don't worry about it so much!  -_-

Oh yeah? Why would that be?

0 future plans, mental issues, etc.

Anyway, I believe RainbowMau should stop implying "WOMEN" are less desirable. It keeps unhelping his case.

Edited by A.V.

RainbowMau isn't going to take advice from anyone, and is simply waiting for someone to agree with his suspicions.

Digit already confirmed what I said, do you think it makes me happy?

*Puts hand up* I didn't have my first kiss or girlfriend until I was 24  :blush:

I'm someone who had really struggled with self confidence issues and depression due to that for quite a while. I struggled when it came to girls, I often thought what was the point if they're just going to say no anyway because who would ever say yes to me? Eventually someone did. Now, I was still shy and nervous as heck, lacking in self confidence even after we started going out. It actually took me until the third date before I kissed her...and even then I asked her if it was ok first! And you know what, it was a really great feeling. The moment our lips left one another and I was letting go of her hand so she could catch her train all I could think was "I don't want to let go" of that moment, and her in that moment. On our next date I found myself blushing like a school girl as we sat in a pub, making out heavily in front of people, but I didn't care it felt great, everything felt great. The relationship didn't last, but that's not the point. The fact is these things can happen later in life, when it happens it happens, and you can still remember them vividly and still get all those butterfly in the stomach feelings.  :wub: Since then I've been on other dates and had another girlfriend for a bit. All it takes is that one little moment that gives you belief that something can happen and the confidence to make it so.

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of which, I honestly can't see myself living far past 30.

Just saying.

Hehe, most of my family are long lived. like 89-101years. I'm a human alicorn... minus the flying and the magic... and the whole hoof-nonsense. :P

Digit already confirmed what I said, do you think it makes me happy?

What did i confirm? Ive been directly against your line of thinking 100% of the tine. Teenage love is stupid and thevonly reason its memorable is becausebit was a mistake. Good relatioships that end usually end for legitimate reasons there for a bad memory wasnt made to learn from and most adults dont fo around telling their love stories or their sexcapades.

• 2 weeks later...

Digit, looks like you forgot you said this:

Look im sorry if this seems harsh but you need to be realistic. Your asking for a young girl i'm guessing you would be hoping for 18-22 who is gorgeous and will allow you to feel a romance a keened to a high school thing. That isnt going to happen.

Digit, looks like you forgot you said this:

I didnt confirm you wont find happiness i confirmed that you wont find a young teenage love who is going to give you the experience you want. YOU are refusing to except what people have to say that a high school romance is stupid and shouldnt be effecting you this much. You have this idea that you can only be happy if you are with a young naive teenager who will split from you the moment she gets bored.

Actually my uncle had been through a string of really bad relationships that almost ended up causing many issues and medical problems until he just stopped trying to find a "Girlfriend" until about 2 years ago he met a gal and he quit drinking, smoking, got his job back and she keeps him stable and they play off each other like little kids.

get one around a squirt gun and it turns into an all out water fight. She has been so good for him and made is life better. and they are in their 50s!

>_>  Okay, really?

- I'll never experience young love, by the opposite I forcedly have to start by going through those horrible adult relationships 

Mind explaining to me what the difference is? Besides young love being plagued with high school bull, immaturity, and ignorance? 

- No more young-looking crushes, I'm not allowed to that anymore, my first GF will look like a mature woman

..and?? Are you jut really shallow or something?

- Dating a girl (or should I call her a WOMAN?) is like dating my mother, and I bet a girl who thinks like me thinks the same about guys

That's really creepy, just think of other women like your mother, woah. If you're an adult, you should be dating other adults. Unless you want to be single, that is. and I'd be scared if anyone else thinks like you.

- Brain fully developed, that means no emotions when in love

You do realize adults have feelings too, right? >.>

- No more sweated hands and no more butterflies in stomach, those years are over and I didn't experience them

..That should be a good thing. Except not every young person is a nervous wreck and not every adult is composed. 

- People won't see my GF as it but as a WIFE

Wtf?

- No more dates to cons

Why not?

- No more passing papers to tell her I love her

Most people actually don't do this, regardless of age. 

- No more innocent love, it's all about disgusting sex

Since when was sex disgusting? ah man, we got a prude on the lose.. okay, you do realize that you don't have to have sex if you don't want to, right? Plenty of women would prefer a guy that gets them over sex.

- Money, cars, carreer are more priority than feelings in adult stupity

Please grow up. 

- Maturity, that fucks up everything

HOW?

• Brohoof 1

>_>  Okay, really?

- I'll never experience young love, by the opposite I forcedly have to start by going through those horrible adult relationships 

Mind explaining to me what the difference is? Besides young love being plagued with high school bull, immaturity, and ignorance? 

- No more young-looking crushes, I'm not allowed to that anymore, my first GF will look like a mature woman

..and?? Are you jut really shallow or something?

- Dating a girl (or should I call her a WOMAN?) is like dating my mother, and I bet a girl who thinks like me thinks the same about guys

That's really creepy, just think of other women like your mother, woah. If you're an adult, you should be dating other adults. Unless you want to be single, that is. and I'd be scared if anyone else thinks like you.

- Brain fully developed, that means no emotions when in love

You do realize adults have feelings too, right? >.>

- No more sweated hands and no more butterflies in stomach, those years are over and I didn't experience them

..That should be a good thing. Except not every young person is a nervous wreck and not every adult is composed. 

- People won't see my GF as it but as a WIFE

Wtf?

- No more dates to cons

Why not?

- No more passing papers to tell her I love her

Most people actually don't do this, regardless of age. 

- No more innocent love, it's all about disgusting sex

Since when was sex disgusting? ah man, we got a prude on the lose.. okay, you do realize that you don't have to have sex if you don't want to, right? Plenty of women would prefer a guy that gets them over sex.

- Money, cars, carreer are more priority than feelings in adult stupity

Please grow up. 

- Maturity, that fucks up everything

HOW?

Trying to reason with this guy is futile, read entire thread, we all said pretty much same thing and it did not change a thing here :c 

RainbowMau, let me ask You something. Why did You make this thread when only thing You do is talking nonsense or even trolling?

Trying to reason with this guy is futile, read entire thread, we all said pretty much same thing and it did not change a thing here :c 

RainbowMau, let me ask You something. Why did You make this thread when only thing You do is talking nonsense or even trolling?

OP is a close minded fool who will be alone forever then. :^ 

• Brohoof 3

OP is a close minded fool who will be alone forever then. :^ 

That is harsh lol But kinda true unless OP decides to listen to voice of reason instead of acting like close minded guy. I will just wait for answer on my question and see what comes out of it. 

That is harsh lol But kinda true unless OP decides to listen to voice of reason instead of acting like close minded guy. I will just wait for answer on my question and see what comes out of it. 

Yeah, the truth is painful sometimes. Though he doesn't seem to want a girlfriend anyway with how he acts towards women and love.

• Brohoof 1