Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do most new cartoons suck so bad now?

Sazama Ichida

Can’t say much, as I hardly watch TV for years. I remember mid to late 2000s was pretty bad for cartoons. Today however, there seems to be a decent amount of good cartoons, but there’s also an abundance of crappy and political-heavy ones, like this bullshit right here :eww:

Spoiler

High-Guardian-Spice.webp?resize=1200,675

Still up for more debate.  Even dismissing all of Young Justice, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur for instance would be seen as too much in the 70s.

And well censorship was a concern even back then.  Otherwise Itchy and Scratchy VS Marge wouldn't have been made, same as Beavis & Butthead "Lightning Strikes".  Case in point:

1. Beavis's love of fire has been present in the short-lived 2011 revival and the current batch of episodes whereas the 90s had to refrain from such in later episodes.

2. Heck the whole bit of Itchy and Scratchy cartoons briefly made the duo into best friends and no violence?  Mid 70s Tom & Jerry had that precise problem.

Now maybe there is less coming out, but the mid 2000s had that problem too.  Especially Some Disney favorites like Lilo & Stitch The Series and Kim Possible, plus American Dragon ending.

Toon Disney rebranding as Disney XD, and CN pushing more for live action than cartoons.

But we had some gems including Friendship is Magic following.  No reason there can't be a positive repeat.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

You need to watch anime cause lots of anime shows are so good! I don't watch anime or cartoons much but I still love the anime that I have watched. I need to watch more anime now that I think of it cause it's been awhile since I watched it.

Anyways, yeah some cartoons are terrible but some are amazing, I wouldn't generalize cartoons and say that most new ones are terrible but I do admit that many aren't good. Why many aren't good, I'm not sure but it's the same thing as games - like many video games are terrible but many are also good.

Have you watched hilda? New cartoons bad?

Hilda: hold my milk.

2 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

You need to watch anime cause lots of anime shows are so good! I don't watch anime or cartoons much but I still love the anime that I have watched. I need to watch more anime now that I think of it cause it's been awhile since I watched it.

Anyways, yeah some cartoons are terrible but some are amazing, I wouldn't generalize cartoons and say that most new ones are terrible but I do admit that many aren't good. Why many aren't good, I'm not sure but it's the same thing as games - like many video games are terrible but many are also good.

Ummm no. the anime hass caught the worlds attention and demanded more anime.

Now they are making animes left and right.

Now theres more trash anime than quality ones.