Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Most underrated Cartoon Network show in your opinion?

ggg-2

Any show that features robots basically. Even if they got good enough ratings, CN had a knack for sabotaging(like giving them death slots) them and/or ending them too soon

• Brohoof 1

Does "What a Cartoon!" count? :ooh: I really loved those shorts as a kid – though it was quite a task to see many of them, since they were only shown as filler between other programs by that point.

The pilots of the various later shows were fun – especially the "Dexter's Laboratory" one, which looked a lot better than the series itself (the animation was much livelier). Not to mention the various forgotten one-shots and random characters – "Tales of Worm Paranoia" was enjoyable in its weirdness, and the Pat Ventura shorts (particularly Yuckie Duck) were also quite funny. And there was quite a lot of variation... we even got an extremely different CGI short out of nowhere ("Strange Things"). It's been so many years since I saw them that I'm not sure how well they've held up, but I definitely liked most of them back then. Having looked at a list of the shorts, there are a few I never managed to see – I guess I'll have to do that soon! :ticking:

• Brohoof 4

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Pony Flutters said:

Mostly some from the 2000's like the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Codename Kids Next Door, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, and Chowder.

On 2020-02-26 at 1:51 AM, Emerald Heart said:

Dexter's Labratory

Underrated? These were some of the longest running and highest viewed shows in Cartoon Network history. 

You all really want underrated? Look up Sheep In the Big City. This was doing counter culture, parody meta humor before it was cool. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-09-11 at 2:11 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Underrated? These were some of the longest running and highest viewed shows in Cartoon Network history. 

You all really want underrated? Look up Sheep In the Big City. This was doing counter culture, parody meta humor before it was cool. 

I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of these shows being overlooked especially compared to the shows of the classic 90s and the 2010s recovery eras since these shows took place before and during CN's dark age of live action trash; they don't get discussed or even mentioned as much compared to shows like The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Adventure Time, or Steven Universe. This probably doesn't make them "underrated" though. 

Looking back now; indeed Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad, Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?, and Class of 3000 are more fitting examples.

• 1 month later...