Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private AES: The Lost City (ended)

Pucksterv

@@Pucksterv @

At first, Lordy didnt realize he was the target of the question but then he recognized the voices. He looked up a bit to see who might they be. At first he was so happy to see some familiar faces he almost jumped up, but he quickly got hold of himself and stood up in his formal manner.

"I... I must say, you have no idea what an absolute delight it is to see you... Ponies around here... They seem to have no need for ex-soldiers... Or non- magical unicorns. I had to make due. Havent had a tea in months!" He was clearly happy to see them, tho he was trying to not seem to emotional.

"How have you been? If i may ask."

"Lordy!" she said before hugging the life out of him, "It's been so long! How come you never came to collect your share of the money?" she asked while handing over a bag of bits to him. "Oh and don't worry, I just put the kettle on." She turned to Caramel and said "Don't ask where, it's complicated"

(edited)

Caramel grabbed Lordy into a hug "I'm doing great but it seems you are not doing as well my friend. Come on, lets go inside and I'll get ye a cup of tea, on the house of course." Caramel said as she pointed at the cafe with her hoof. She walked slowly, hoping the others would soon follow her.

Edited by Pucksterv

'What in the world was this ponies strength? This was crazy. Definitely needs more pain killers.' When he was released, he was taking deep breaths to get some air back into his body. "Next time you do that, at least warn me first." He stood back up and tried to regain some of his composure. "You're a strong mare aren't you? Unsurprising if what you said about your background is true."

"Aye, my clan's blood means I have strength like that of a few workhorses!" Tyra declared proudly, flexing a foreleg, then grinned sheepishly, "But, aye, I shall warn you next time. My apologies."

At first, Lordy didnt realize he was the target of the question but then he recognized the voices. He looked up a bit to see who might they be. At first he was so happy to see some familiar faces he almost jumped up, but he quickly got hold of himself and stood up in his formal manner.

"I... I must say, you have no idea what an absolute delight it is to see you... Ponies around here... They seem to have no need for ex-soldiers... Or non- magical unicorns. I had to make due. Havent had a tea in months!" He was clearly happy to see them, tho he was trying to not seem to emotional.

"How have you been? If i may ask."

Her ear had also caught the sound of a familiar violin, and she trotted over with Caramel and Scarlett to have a look.

She gasped and grinned ear to ear as soon as she recognised him.

"Lordy!" She squeaked, grabbing him in another tight hug, "It is a delight to see you again, old friend! How are you?!"

@@Pucksterv @, @@Unicorncob

The hugs were a surprise to him. Especially Scarletts that almost broke half of his ribs.

"I must say, i probably forgot... But i cant take it anymore." He handed the pouch back. "Besides, it gave me a chance to remember how to play that old thing." He was refering to the violin.

"I must say, i have missed you guys too."

As soon as Caramel offered him to come with them, he kinda jumped,

"Does that mean i can join you again?"

In a couple of moments he took of his cloak, paced everything in his huge backpack and stood their straight, with a bit of excitement in him. His bright red uniform was now visible again, as tidy and clean as ever.

"As... I must say, i would be honored." He said as he finished straightening his shako.

Scarlett kinda blanked out for a moment. So she started thinking random thoughts, like what would Cookie Rum taste like if it was somehow made into a tea?

She snapped out of it and followed Caramel, walking next to Lordy "So Lordy, have you been living on the streets this whole time?"

• Brohoof 1

'Yet another pony has re-joined this crew of misfits. And it seems that I'm the only new face around them. How many more will we pick up along our travels I wonder?' Wade was contempt with just remaining on the sidelines for the time being. It seems like it would be best to let them catch up with each other before he introduced himself. This pony looks like he has been seeing some hard times recently. And familiar faces are something he may need right now.

@,

Damn... That disnt sound good for a gentlestallion, now did it.

"Ummm... No... I speant a few weeks in a inn as a cook... before i got fired for one of the owners friends... Also, i recall sharing a doghouse a bit. Tried to sign up for the guard... But it i got rejected. Ironically, the guard doesnt want members who do... You know... Killing. I also bought a small rowboat, slept in that too... But, id prefer not to talk about that... If i may."

@,

Damn... That disnt sound good for a gentlestallion, now did it.

"Ummm... No... I speant a few weeks in a inn as a cook... before i got fired for one of the owners friends... Also, i recall sharing a doghouse a bit. Tried to sign up for the guard... But it i got rejected. Ironically, the guard doesnt want members who do... You know... Killing. I also bought a small rowboat, slept in that too... But, id prefer not to talk about that... If i may."

"Lordy you magnificent idiot. I told you and the rest of the crew if you guys ever needed anywhere to stay you could come stay in my house, I even gave you a location!"

She handed the money back "This was always your money, I wont take it. It's yours. Everyone else got an equal share, and so do you."

@@Lordav

"Wow," Tyra gasped, still grinning as she trotted along next to Lordy, "Sounds like you have had quite an adventure the last few years!"

She looked up to the sky. "I remember I once got a job as a cook, though, it did not end very well. It took them hours to put out the flames...all over town." She blinked once, fondly remembering the scene. "I had no idea whale oil was so flammable!"

"Alright, everyone, enough chatting for now. I'm hungry and grumpy, so please can we go eat?" Caramel said as she stood in front of the cafe impatiently. "Come on, we can talk later, I just can stand here any longer, the smell of fresh bread is driving me crazy, come on!''

@@Lordav

"Wow," Tyra gasped, still grinning as she trotted along next to Lordy, "Sounds like you have had quite an adventure the last few years!"

She looked up to the sky. "I remember I once got a job as a cook, though, it did not end very well. It took them hours to put out the flames...all over town." She blinked once, fondly remembering the scene. "I had no idea whale oil was so flammable!"

"Oh my god Tyra, that's what caused that fire. You know that nopony solved the mystery of that fire until a few years after I was born you know."

"Alright, everyone, enough chatting for now. I'm hungry and grumpy, so please can we go eat?" Caramel said as she stood in front of the cafe impatiently. "Come on, we can talk later, I just can stand here any longer, the smell of fresh bread is driving me crazy, come on!''

"Fresh Bread on me guys! Lets go!"

Scarlett runs to the door and holds it open for the rest of the ponies in the crew.

@,

"Ow, i know, i just...i couldnt. I didnt want to disturb. And besides, i find it impolite to take advantage of your acquaintances like that.

@@Unicorncob,

"I must say... I have."

He giggled a bit when Tyra talked about her...experience

"Why, in the name of god would you use whale oil in cooking!"

Lordys stomach lets out a loud roar (think lion commercial roar) as he walks through the door.

@,

"Ow, i know, i just...i couldnt. I didnt want to disturb. And besides, i find it impolite to take advantage of your acquaintances like that.

@@Unicorncob,

"I must say... I have."

Lordys stomach lets out a loud roar (think lion commercial roar) as he walks through the door.

Scarlett gasps and motions to the door "What do you mean intrude?! I had nothing to do but experiment with magic that wont be invented for another few decades. Your 'intrusion' would have been a godsend for me!"

Looking to everypony else "Come on ponies, get into the Cafe!"

"Oh my god Tyra, that's what caused that fire. You know that nopony solved the mystery of that fire until a few years after I was born you know."

Tyra snickered into her hoof and grinned with a hint of pride. "It is nice to see I have etched myself into legend somehow!"

"Well, you often use oil for cooking, yes?" She muttered, blinking, "And it was just there, how was I to know!"

"Aye, a good idea," She muttered, taking in the smell of fresh bread. Even when she leaned more toward being a carnivore, she could still appreciate the smell. "I hope they have salmon, I am starving!"

"Aye, a good idea," She muttered, taking in the smell of fresh bread. Even when she leaned more toward being a carnivore, she could still appreciate the smell. "I hope they have salmon, I am starving!"

"I wouldn't get your hopes up, this is an Equestrian town after all. They don't exactly eat meat or fish"

Scarlett walks into the store, and keeps holding the door open for the other ponies "Get in here before I teleport all of you in here myself, and I know how much you all hate that,"

"I wouldn't get your hopes up, this is an Equestrian town after all. They don't exactly eat meat or fish"

Scarlett walks into the store, and keeps holding the door open for the other ponies "Get in here before I teleport all of you in here myself, and I know how much you all hate that,"

Tyra's ears drooped and she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance. "Aye you are correct," she pouted.

She thanked Scarlett for opening the door and let herself in, grinning up at her.

"I do not understand why eating meat is such a taboo in Equestria," she wondered out loud to anypony who might be listening, "I have seen plenty of griffons and minotaurs in these lands, surely ponies here would cater to their tastes as well as their own?"

Scarlett's words were enough to make Wade snap back to reality and decided to play on her threat a little. Once most of the ponies where inside, Wade teleported himself only about 6" away from Scarlett. "I can teleport myself well enough, but thanks for the offer of doing it for me." He walked inside and took a chair two tables distance away from where everyone else was sitting. He would have to introduce himself to Lordy soon. But that can wait.

@@Unicorncob,

"Indeed, I still wonder as well. Salmon is the best.'' Caramel said as she walked into the cafe after Tyra. She sat down at a empty table, waiting for the others to sit down as well. She started look at the menu to see what it had to offer. Caramel did not visit Canterlot very often except for the pub. This was probably the first time she had ever eaten inside such a fancy cafe.

Tyra's ears drooped and she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance. "Aye you are correct," she pouted.

She thanked Scarlett for opening the door and let herself in, grinning up at her.

"I do not understand why eating meat is such a taboo in Equestria," she wondered out loud to anypony who might be listening, "I have seen plenty of griffons and minotaurs in these lands, surely ponies here would cater to their tastes as well as their own?"

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll get you some salmon later if you want."

Scarlett goes up to the counter and orders, everything on the menu, twice. She then opens up a little portal in the air and sends all it through before paying. She pays quite a bit extra and says "That's paying for the rest of them as well"

Scarlett's words were enough to make Wade snap back to reality and decided to play on her threat a little. Once most of the ponies where inside, Wade teleported himself only about 6" away from Scarlett. "I can teleport myself well enough, but thanks for the offer of doing it for me." He walked inside and took a chair two tables distance away from where everyone else was sitting. He would have to introduce himself to Lordy soon. But that can wait.

"How far can you teleport, how many ponies and how advanced is your teleportation."

(edited)

"How far can you teleport, how many ponies and how advanced is your teleportation."

"I wouldn't know how advance my teleportation is, I've never had a reason to strain myself to achieve maximum distance. Most I've done is teleport to the top of our the third tallest building from the ground floor to do some aerial observations of the area. The ministry makes me do some strange things at times." Edited by Child Of Darkness

"I wouldn't know how advance my teleportation is, I've never had a reason to strain myself to achieve maximum distance. Most I've done is teleport to the top of our the third tallest building from the ground floor to do some aerial observations of the area. The ministry makes me do some strange things at times."

Scarlett smirks and says "I think I'll save you the humility and just buy you some food. And yes, that does seem a little weird to be doing. Say, do you even know my name? I don't believe I've told you yet and our first interaction wasn't the best. I'm Scarlett, I'm the expert in magic that hasn't been inven-- I'm the Medical Officer basically."

@@Pucksterv

"Aye, I forgot that you also like salmon!" Tyra chirped, sitting with Caramel in the café and smiling at her, "At least you understand!"

She remembered a unicorn she shared the ship with, who detested her eating fish. Five years gone by, and she still didn't understand.

@

She smiled and nodded to Scarlett. "I thank you, friend. I would most appreciate it!"

• Brohoof 1

Scarlett smirks and says "I think I'll save you the humility and just buy you some food. And yes, that does seem a little weird to be doing. Say, do you even know my name? I don't believe I've told you yet and our first interaction wasn't the best. I'm Scarlett, I'm the expert in magic that hasn't been inven-- I'm the Medical Officer basically."

"Yeah... okay... Medical Officer." 'Wow can she make it anymore obvious that she is trying to cover something up? I'll drop it for now.' "Yes our first interaction was you basically saying I have a large Ego and then slapping me. First impressions always leave a large mark. At least we now know each other's names. I ser this as the start of moderately good relationship between us. And I'll take that offer for you paying for the food."

"Yeah... okay... Medical Officer." 'Wow can she make it anymore obvious that she is trying to cover something up? I'll drop it for now.' "Yes our first interaction was you basically saying I have a large Ego and then slapping me. First impressions always leave a large mark. At least we now know each other's names. I ser this as the start of moderately good relationship between us. And I'll take that offer for you paying for the food."

"Well, you are a part of the crew now I guess so I am now responsible for your care." After a moment's thought she continues "And when you think about it, that first impression both figuratively and literally left a mark."

She walks on over to a booth with the stuff she bought while talking loudly to Caramel "When does our train leave exactly?"

Rave woke up, having slept well. He hadn't slept so well in years. He looked around, trying to spot Caramel, but he could not see her. He got out of bed and started to look around. "Caramel? Are you here?". After having searched for a while, he decided that she had gone to get herself some breakfast. After a few minutes, he was already out of the Hotel and looking around, trying to see if he could see the others.