Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Abusement of men, modern days (Information and technology)

Finia

(edited)

Do you believe this is a case? Although i guess its taboo because it makes you sound... well i guess its the idea to not worry scenario or to make it a big deal. I also listened to this wonderful clip on it. Its hilariously good.

What do you guys think :twi:

Although i will admit. The first lines here is actually how i have felt at times in the past. So i believe this is actually a thing.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jun/09/breaking-wall-secrecy-sexual-abuse-men-women

Edited by Finia
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Feminists and the Men's Rights Activists, together they make up the biggest and most tragic joke humanity has made.

Well i dunno. I mean feminists seems to complain on non important issues, like if one for example would compare it to theocratic countries where rights in reality is a problem. However, in terms of men being abused (Although i too think it sounds a little too much butter). But in terms of psychological reasoning its not too far from the truth, and seeing how society of cellphoners (Mostly females) and facebook users in terms of social interaction it wouldnt surprise me if this becomes a worse case of scenario.

Edited by Finia

(edited)

Some females believe it or not would rather go back to the old ways with less rights and more basic living standards. The more career focused ones want change and more lee way for better privileges in comparison to men. I didn't know men debated about their own rights and freedoms against women. I always thought of men having the upper advantage in everything our world has to offer today. Maybe they're fighting the people of real power who take advantage of the weak.

Edited by Sky Knight
  • Brohoof 1

However, in terms of men being abused (Although i too think it sounds a little too much butter). But in terms of psychological reasoning its not too far from the truth, and seeing how society of cellphoners (Mostly females) and facebook users in terms of social interaction it wouldnt surprise me if this becomes a worse case of scenario.

The thing is that people love victimizing themselves. "Wuu, this offends me, I'm such a victim, we must ban it!"

But what do you mean, are you saying that facebook users and texting women will make the situation worse for men in our society, or am I completely off the track here? 

• Brohoof 2

Lol, the comments for that video are a huge circlejerk of MRAs. I can't say all men's rights activists are like this, but too many of the ones I've met treat the movement as a whole as a kind of an "in-your-face" thing to feminists, and plenty of them ARE misogynistic douchebags. Regardless of whether or not you're an MRA who falls under this category, odds are you probably don't understand what the feminist movement is about in the first place. Plenty of "feminists" themselves don't get it either. Comments like this one here...

Well i dunno. I mean feminists seems to complain on non important issues, like if one for example would compare it to theocratic countries where rights in reality is a problem.

...I believe ARE ignorant to what modern feminism is about. It's almost entirely an issue of objectivity and how you emotionally respond to it. Like, I don't like the fact that third world societies treat women like subhumans made for reproduction and nursing, and I don't like the fact that a lot of societal issues that both men and women face stem in some way from misogyny. Just as an example, a man often can't defend women's rights without having demeaning terms thrown at him and having his masculinity called in to question. It's an issue everyone faces, but it's so normal to us that we really don't care or bother to notice. First-world society has this image of females being the weaker or more fragile sex burned in to it and it's probably not going to go away any time soon. It's obviously a minor issue compared to what women in theocratic societies face, like Saudi Arabia, sadly most of the feminists you run in to nowadays only care about the fact that men have a sex drive no matter how under control it is.

The thing is that people love victimizing themselves. "Wuu, this offends me, I'm such a victim, we must ban it!"

But what do you mean, are you saying that facebook users and texting women will make the situation worse for men in our society, or am I completely off the track here? 

Well i like your thinking at the top there :)

Well its more the case i believe that women are more the yappy type. While men are sorta more built for interacting physically (Its not always the case. But just generally speaking on certain traits). Its having a sort of isolating effect with the stuff that exists now in a way. Not saying its all the case, but it can sorta build on it.

Also, when you delve in to the territory of men's and women's rights, there's a lot of straw men and ad hominem thrown around which often makes discussing it an unpleasant experience for most people. Like, if there are legitimate social issues you feel you face as a man or a woman, you have every right to be offended. It doesn't invalidate your opinion on anything or make you a ridiculous SJW who can't handle facts or logic.

• Brohoof 2

What if we had this. In a way that "GIrls are better than guys" or "Guys are better than girls" type of argument. Y'know, sorta like when you play a game, if you are a guy you want to be a guy 'cause they are best. And if you are a girl you choose the girl, 'cause girls are best.

I feel this is a start of a beautiful match. So whenever feminism comes up, this will be their opponent. I'd say we have a deal B)

What if we had this. In a way that "GIrls are better than guys" or "Guys are better than girls" type of argument. Y'know, sorta like when you play a game, if you are a guy you want to be a guy 'cause they are best. And if you are a girl you choose the girl, 'cause girls are best.

I feel this is a start of a beautiful match. So whenever feminism comes up, this will be their opponent. I'd say we have a deal B)

Why polarize things along such arbitrary lines? Where do the transgendered and gender queer fit in on the spectrum, for example? The world isn't black and white gender vs. gender, both genders have problems and benefit from forms of social inequality. Feminism, at least in moderation, is legit.

• Brohoof 3

Why polarize things along such arbitrary lines? Where do the transgendered and gender queer fit in on the spectrum, for example?

Well they identify with this or that in terms of gender. So i don't see it as a conflict :twi:

God, this is such a difficult topic, the subject of MRAs & Feminism.

One of my best friends is a Feminist, and I personally identify as Egalitarian, even though I've been warned not to, since even though feminists argue that they are Egalitarian, a lot have argued that MRA's co-opting that term has tainted it for them, but...

The feminism community is incredibly conflicted within it's own borders. You have Amina Sboui removing herself from FEMEN after "Amina Ackbar! FEMEN Ackbar!", and she has every right to declare it an imperialist type group. You have French & European feminists in general sneering at American feminists and demeaning then (And personally, I'd say rightly so, from what I've seen on Tumblr). And there is all the hatred and hellfire Caitlynn Jenner received from Feminist, from her own Gender, for making a choice for herself that was a long time coming. You have a massive pile of issues within Feminism, and they need to be addressed. I can only hope MRAs themselves are facing their own! And in a way that's a positive, normalizing influence for them. I have no direct experience with them, but I can only hope some of them are trying to confront the issues within their own house, just as feminists are, and should be. 

In my own opinion, and yes it's biased, from my experiences, is that they're both glass houses throwing rocks at each other and failing to account for they damage they bring to themselves. A part of thinks our generation will become so jaded with the pursuit of Social Justice that we will eventually cease it's pursuit, much like the Baby Boomer generation gave up on it's Counter-Culture movement and eventually worked against everything they got so close to accomplishing. I hope that doesn't happen, but I must admit that it's likelihood is plausible. What dread that fills me with! We were meant to live for so much more, but we're losing ourselves.

God, I should try to address this at a later time, when I can dedicate more to it, but I will do that later. This, for now, will have to suffice.

I don't and really shouldn't judge someone for their cause (Within reason). Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But I'd like to be able to judge someone by their character, and not the label they've either associated themselves with or been associated to by others. If nothing else, that's what my best friend has shown me, in him helping me as much as he has. He cares about me, and that's so much to ask from ANYONE these days, when we're taught from the womb to the grave to dehumanize everyone we can and treat society more like a rat race than a co-operative stewardship of our specie's future. And maybe that's what everyone is fighting for, they're just doing it in the worst ways possible. 

• Brohoof 2

You have Amina Sboui removing herself from FEMEN after "Amina Ackbar! FEMEN Ackbar!"

post-26336-0-43370300-1437447678_thumb.jpg

Kidding.  But without going into too much detail, I think that as one sex pushes for rights and equality, often times they inevitably take it too far and members of the opposite sex start to suffer.  It just goes back and forth.  For the most part, women were the ones that needed to fight for rights for thousands of years, but, perhaps surprisingly, men can often feel unequal, too.  I just did a massive vent post about this in life advice--I feel like men are too often portrayed in the media and undesirable, simian australopithacines.  It doesn't help that some, like...99.99% of all violent crimes are committed by men.  I often feel like men are the villains, and, as a male, I deeply resent that.  I sometimes wish that we could erase our history and start over, but then I know that we'd probably make the same mistakes again anyway.  I just feel like if people could learn to live in the moment, and let go of past injustices and extreme social movement and trends, maybe we could actually put this bullsh*t behind us and treat each other equally for once.  I'm not sure if that's where this thread was headed, or if I just flew off on some crazy tangent, or what.

• Brohoof 2

If I was in an room with an MRA, Hitler, and a gun with one bullet, I'd beat Hitler to death with the butt of the gun, then use Hitler's body to beat the MRA to death, then fire the bullet in the air in celebration.

But seriously folks, the MR movement is the most ridiculous thing to come out of the internet since the "Leave Britney Alone" guy.

• Brohoof 2