Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the technology craze when you were at school?

Reecejackox

On 2023-11-17 at 12:18 PM, Sir Hugsalot said:

During my school times Poland was waaaay behind the "west" with technology, so in my primary school times (pretty much late 90s, early 2000) people were freaking out about mobile phones (especially when they had colorful displays and cameras) and, in case of boys, video games. It was rare for anyone to own a PC or any console back then, so having one was a perfect cheat code to become the "cool kid" on the street. 

Also walkmen (yes, I lived in times when casettes were still a thing, discmen and MP3 were a big deal. Especially the last one as combined with how easy was it to get mp3 files it seemed to be "perfect" way to listen to music back then. 

CelestiaHeadphones.JPG.171df861da8956c5db8eabff760e0f14.JPG

Princesses don't like to talk about their age, but Celestia is very, very old as you know.

@Sir Hugsalot My age is also enough to have cassette tapes and vinyls as media when I was a foal. Floppy disks/CDs were expensive things, but came when I was a teenage foal. MP3, internet, mobiles, you wouldn't even guess that it would be our next legacy. If I say Commodore 64 was a thing, then you get a grip.

Everypony keeps talking about these things called . . . MP3's? Is that how it is? I dunno. I'm still fairly new to this school in Ponyville, and I'm also the oldest one in the building.

(OOC: phones and that stupid toilet head thing)