Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Free download for writing

sleepypony

what is something free that I can download to help me write some fan fiction? I've got a couple of ideas that I'd like to work on, but I don't really have the funds to spend to buy Microsoft office and what not. but I'd like something that's pretty user friendly and can upload to pretty much anything. (most particularly this forum) any help would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks every pony!

Google Docs. It's for free, it's found on the Internet and you can save your work on there.

There are plenty of other document-based programs, but none of them do as better of a job as Google Docs. I hope this helps you!

Google Docs is by far the best "free" option. Writing is simple, and peer review and editing is just as easy. In fact, pretty much every fanfiction reviewer/editor I've talked to has been a huge fan of GDocs.

If you're looking to get into fanfiction, I highly recommend you check out the Forums Writing Centre. There you can find helpful guides to many aspects of writing, along with direct help from other writers and editors!  :)

• Brohoof 2