Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Different Sounds

Mr.Catterson

I've noticed it too sometimes, but it's really nothing to get worked up about. I mean, it must be really hard for a voice actor to keep the tone of their voice exactly the same for 31 episodes, especially with the wide range of emotions the characters in this show need to express. And if you're referring to the CMC, they're voiced by actual kids, so of course their voices will change.

Edited by Pony Joe

If you're referring to Pinkie Pie in this last episode, I heard that she was voiced by her singing voice actor and not her normal voice actor. That is also just a temporary change as Pinkie only had a few lines and Fluttershy was not in the episode (who the v actor also voices) so there was no big rush to get the regular.

...or so I've heard :P

If you're referring to Pinkie Pie in this last episode, I heard that she was voiced by her singing voice actor and not her normal voice actor. That is also just a temporary change as Pinkie only had a few lines and Fluttershy was not in the episode (who the v actor also voices) so there was no big rush to get the regular.

...or so I've heard :P

WHERE on EARTH did you hear that cockamanie crackpot theory? ;)

by somepony on the forums...who said they heard it from somewhere else :P

It's not that unlikely if you ask me, why get the regular v actor if she only has a few lines and you have someone who sounds pretty close :P

by somepony on the forums...who said they heard it from somewhere else :P

It's not that unlikely if you ask me, why get the regular v actor if she only has a few lines and you have someone who sounds pretty close :P

That DOES make sense....I guess whoever told you that must be some sorta genius, I wish you could remember who that somepony was so we could both friend him, he/she must be awesome...

I started noticing this a while ago. The changes are really subtle, so it isn't that much of a deal to me. Now, there are a few exceptions... namely, Bon Bon. She has a completely different voice every time she talks!

...I wish I could do that..

The voices are changing a bit, but that happens after the actor get used to the role. Anypony else notice how guyish Rainbow Dash has been sounding lately? Also, the CMC voice actors are aging (that's what happens when you get child actors), so them sounding different is kinda unavoidable.

That would likely be me. Pinkie Pie is normally voiced by Andrea Libman. During the credits of the a episode however, her voice actor was listed as Shannon Chan-Kent, who usually preforms pinkies singing voice.

Edited by Swoop

I've noticed it too sometimes, but it's really nothing to get worked up about. I mean, it must be really hard for a voice actor to keep the tone of their voice exactly the same for 31 episodes, especially with the wide range of emotions the characters in this show need to express. And if you're referring to the CMC, they're voiced by actual kids, so of course their voices will change.

Also, many of the voice actors do multiple ponies Edited by Ice

That would likely be me. Pinkie Pie is normally voiced by Andrea Libman. During the credits of the a episode however, her voice actor was listed as Shannon Chan-Kent, who usually preforms pinkies singing voice.

Haha indeed, although I only asked Lady Rarity Pony that because *I* myself actually gave him that same information myself earlier in another thread when he also asked about the change in sound, so I dunno.

Anyway...I actually I didn't catch the difference in sound when I saw that episode, Andrea and Shannon just sound too much alike for my ears :P

Edited by Dreadnought