Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you think is funnier Pinkie or Derpy ?

FrozenSpark

Pinkie has way more comic relief, without a DOUBT.

Whereas Derpy just sits there. And well. Looks derpy!

Haven't gone too far into the creative video fan base, so who knows. The great thing is that, in the eye if the creator, anything can happen.

But, all aside, Pinkie wins it hooves tied behind her back, easily!

Pinkie Pie. I never understood the appeal of Derpy and i think the running gag with muffins is not funny.

*flameshields up*

• Brohoof 3

I personally think Pinkie Pie is more entertaining then Derpy. I'm more of a fan of Pinkie's random humor then Derpy's clumsy personality. 

I always been a fan of unintentional humor, clowns never made me laugh.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy but... they're not really comparable, Derpy only had a few funny scenes compared to Pinkie Pie.

Although she's one of my favorite ponies, I don't really find Pinkie Pie that funny, I guess it's not my humor style.

Edited by Blobulle

Pinkie cause she's an actual character in the show. Derpy is just a fan reference that got the spotlight in one episode.  It's kind of like saying you think R5-D4 (droid with a bad motivator) is a better droid than R2-D2 based on what you read in some comics. 

Pinkie cause she's an actual character in the show. Derpy is just a fan reference that got the spotlight in one episode.  It's kind of like saying you think R5-D4 (droid with a bad motivator) is a better droid than R2-D2 based on what you read in some comics. 

It is based on the show not comics, I don't read comics i only watch the show...she had the spotlight in 2 episodes actually, "the last round up" and "slice of life"

A lot of people find Derpy funny because she is clumsy and oblivious.

Those features alone don't really make a character funny...

I find her to be more annoying than funny to be honest.

It is based on the show not comics, I don't read comics i only watch the show...she had the spotlight in 2 episodes actually, "the last round up" and "slice of life"

No I was talking about the droids cause in one Star Wars comic R5-D4 was a Jedi that blew itself up on purpose cause it sensed that R2-D2 was the chosen droid for Luke.  (or something along those lines)

Anyways the analogy I was going for was that most people like Derpy based on what is said outside of the show because there's really nothing to her in the show proper and even then what was in the show was based off of fans interpretations, compared to Pinkie Pie who's character is explored at great length within the show. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

As much as I love Derpy she dosen't have enough time of character development to actually be all that funny, adorable on the other hand she had in spades. Most depictions of her in fanfics tend to depict her as more cute than funny as well, I am going to have to give this to Pinkie Pie.

Well, Pinkie Pie is a main character with heaps of episodes and screen time. Derpy has had a few token cameos where she's done something silly, but that's about it. Pinkie Pie wins by a landslide.

And even if Derpy had as much air time as Pinkie, I still would vote for Pinkie. Derpy's "humor" comes from her being a cross-eyed klutz. That's the extent of her character. Pinkie Pie, on the other hand, is a wild card. You can't predict her, and just when you think you've seen her do it all, she out-Pinkies herself and takes the crazy to a whole new level. When it comes to comedy, nopony can touch the pink. :lol:

I find Derpy more cute than anything.

Definitely Pinkie pie. (Season 1-3, her rainbow power episode, and season 5 onwards. I generally don´t like season 4 pinkie.)

I find Pinkie Pie more entertaining, but maybe if they incorporate Derpy into more episodes, she might be pretty entertaining as well. I am glad for Derpy's newest appearance in the Slice of Life episode though. So maybe we will see even more of her in future episodes.

post-34935-0-51497500-1438888699.gif