Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp Collectable Card Game

Dapper Charmer

• 1 month later...

i got all of the original starter decks but me and a friend of mine found the rules a bit confusing too fully enjoy it 

They can seem confusing, even though I've been playing for a while sometimes someone has a question that i can't answer without looking it all up myself. But in the end it's really not too complicated. I wish i could show you how to play.

Does anyone here play the mlp tcg? I live inn Ohio and was wanting people to meet with on the weekends. I also Play on octgn but im new to the use of it.

Hi, this thread actually belongs in Pony Merchandise and there is another thread on this subject so I've decided to merge this one with it.
  • Brohoof 1

You lucky person, I really want that deck pack. XD

I have a decent amount of cards for this but I have only played it about twice maybe. The game is surprisingly complex, really complex.  :blink: I absolutely love the cards though so I have been getting them for mostly collectible purposes. The game itself is good from what I have played but it is just very complicated at first. 

I did recently pull a Spike Ultra Rare card, that card is beastly. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm someone who has done Yugioh and MTG tournaments before, and I think the MLP CCG is just too complicated. If there was a bigger following in my area I would probably learn it, but Its just way to complicated to learn if I'm only going to play with my sister and like 2 other people.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've recently joined a group that plays the game in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area on Thursdays. It's fun, but my background in games is Dominion which has a very straight forward set of steps in each players turn. So for me it is much more complex - the number of phases, the number of cards, keeping track of action points, etc.

But it has definitely been worth my time, as I have made new friends playing the game. And in a totally non-cynical way isn't that what Frienship is Magic is all about?

That being said, I really want to get my card collection organized. Can any regular players make suggestions?

• How many of each card should I have minimum? maximum?
  • How should I organize the cards? By set, color, card rarity?
  • Am I going to better complete my collection by buying complete decks, or by buying 12-card packs, or a combination of the two?

Any advice regular players can give me is greatly appreciated!

I've got the Rock n Rave 2 player set as well as a canterlot nights booster pack. I only have my sister to play with though. There is a hobby/games shop in my city that does a demo of the game every month or so. I went to one, but I don't think there's much of a community to play it with here, at least not one that's very organized.

• 1 month later...

Well, after winning a Celestial Solstice set at BronyCAN and purchasing a starter Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy set, my CCG cards have been sitting in my closet since August, until tonight. I finally got to play a game with a friend of mine after the two of us watched Friendship Games since he hadn't seen it yet. It's probably not something I will get to play very often, but at least I got to try it. Now I kind of want to see if I can make a good custom deck if for no other reason than self amusement as this card game is one aspect of the fandom I can't really get into without somepony to play with.

I play this competitively but cant find anywhere that i can play in tournaments other then at big cons or regionals so i was hoping if i could find anywhere that played it in California. I know non bronies that play it because they say it is such a fun and complicated game that it is as fun as games like magic or yugioh.

• 1 month later...

My fiancé and I play ALL THE TIME! We just go to McDonalds or something and sit there for hours playing. (I've never lost a game haha!) To be honest, I am so addicted to buying cards! I have all of the starter packs (including the new magic ones) and about 20 of the smaller random packs (Thats 2 and a half boxes worth of cards!) The game is so much fun and I love how they are still coming out with cards! I love when I find a card about  brand new episode, sometimes I even find cards about episodes that haven't even happened yet! I love it! Keep playing! I only wish that there was a place near me that did tournaments... I'm excited for BABScon this year tho because I am playing on playing in the tournament there!  :sneer:

It seemed really slow and dull to me, but it could be because last time I played to figure it out, I was using the rock and rave starter.

Starer decks tend to suck ass.

I'm surprised they haven't made cards for the more recent episodes (like the Hooffields, the McColts, or Coloratura).

As for me, I would play the game, but I have no idea whom I'd play with or where to get cards.