Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you live in a House or apartment?

Evan_1

I just moved into a loft a few days ago, so I live in an apartment.

I love the socio-aesthetic feel of apartments -- they make me feel I'm part of something bigger.  I also like the fact that much of the major maintenance is the responsibility of someone else.  Of course, there might come a time when buying a home is cheaper in the long run, but that's dependent on a whole lot of factors.

Another potential problem with apartments is that (high-rises at least) tend to be less energy-efficient than mid-rises (and I'm guessing homes as well) but that may just overlook some important factors (and I can't seem to find a reliable source on this Wiki claim). 

• Brohoof 1

Well, i live in a house. Its not mine, its my mothers house but i live in a house.Its not completely ours, only half of the house belongs to our family members but it looks like a house so i guess it counts  :lol:

But before we moved here, we lived in a few apartments.

I live in a house. Two, technically. I live primarily with one of my parents and the rest of the time with my other. The closest I've been to living in an apartment is a duplex, as in two houses in one building.

My sister lives in an apartment. I've spent time in it. I prefer living in a house, so I can be as loud as I want to and have much less of a chance of getting noise complaints.

Ive lived in houses most of my life, attached ones, semi-detached and detached, big ones and small ones, even lived in a bungalow once. Now i've moved out from home i live in an apartment, before i moved in i thought it would be a bit of a nightmare hearing all the noise from the people living all around me but i rarely hear them, i only hear them when they are in the hall outside my font door. I like it here :D

My only complaints are the lack of sheltered parking, i would love to have a garage to put my motorbike in, and i can sometimes here people out on the street outside my window as i live in the city and there is a pub right next to me.

I live in a duplex. I dunno if you would count that separate from an apartment or not since it's technically still sharing a building but we have our own garage and everything so...

I'd prefer to live by myself in a little studio apartment but I can't exactly afford it. :okiedokielokie:

I live in a duplex. I dunno if you would count that separate from an apartment or not since it's technically still sharing a building but we have our own garage and everything so...

I'd prefer to live by myself in a little studio apartment but I can't exactly afford it. :okiedokielokie:

Saving helps with that :P

Saving helps with that :P

Saving is irrelevant if they expect me to make two or even three times more than the rent. I make enough for rent itself but if they want me to make that much more it's not gonna happen.

I live in a house, have been for more than half of my life. I actually prefer an apartment though and I ALMOST had one, but for now I am staying here. I find apartments to be a lot better. Far more comfortable and you don't have to worry about as much, it feels more secure even with other people living in the same building. 

A house for now. I wouldn't mind living in an apartment though just for that feel of it's your own personal space to do with as you see fit. :)