Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the mane five turn into alicorns at the end of Season 5?

cider float

Nope, the season has already used up its quota of jump the shark moments. IF it were to happen, I would say that the most appropriate time would be the MLP movie coming in a few years.

Becoming an alicorn wont make their life better, Rainbow Dash wants to join the Wonderbolts, Fluttershy enjoys taking care of animals, Applejack takes care of Sweet apple acres, Rarity is a fashion designer and Pinkie Pie likes to throw partys, they don't need to become an alicorn for all that, Twilight became an alicorn because it was her destiny to become princess of friendship regardless of how she felt for friends when she grew up, her passion for magic helped her become an alicorn.

• Brohoof 3

Becoming an alicorn wont make their life better, Rainbow Dash wants to join the Wonderbolts, Fluttershy enjoys taking care of animals, Applejack takes care of Sweet apple acres, Rarity is a fashion designer and Pinkie Pie likes to throw partys, they don't need to become an alicorn for all that, Twilight became an alicorn because it was her destiny to become princess of friendship regardless of how she felt for friends when she grew up, her passion for magic helped her become an alicorn.

This whole destiny thing doesn't sit for me. The universe doesn't owe you anything, what you decide to do with your life is up to you alone. This show doesn't seem to think that. Why does Twilight even need to be an alicorn princess? You don't need that for spreading the word of friendship. I don't get, her friends were just as important. She certainly hasn't worked any harder than them. 

This whole destiny thing doesn't sit for me. The universe doesn't owe you anything, what you decide to do with your life is up to you alone. This show doesn't seem to think that. Why does Twilight even need to be an alicorn princess? You don't need that for spreading the word of friendship. I don't get, her friends were just as important. She certainly hasn't worked any harder than them. 

You can never be really good at something unless thats what you desire to do, the universe can't force anyone to be good at something unless they want to, with that being said friendship in Equestria is a big deal, after all it is the whole point of the show so the represent of friendship can't just be an ordinary pony...

Edited by FrozenSpark
  • Brohoof 1

You can never be really good at something unless thats what you desire to do, the universe can't force anyone to be good at something unless they want to, with that being said friendship in Equestria is a big deal, after all it is the whole point of the show so the represent of friendship can't just be a ordinary pony...

That's my point, people get to decide what they want to do with whatever passions and talents they have. There is nothing in the universe that controls where you go, no pre-set outcome guaranteed for you in the future. This is why I'm firmly against alicorn Twilight, she was given that because she's Twilight.

That's my point, people get to decide what they want to do with whatever passions and talents they have. There is nothing in the universe that controls where you go, no pre-set outcome guaranteed for you in the future. This is why I'm firmly against alicorn Twilight, she was given that because she's Twilight.

Whats the fact showing Twilight shouldn't have become the princess of friendship ?

Edited by FrozenSpark

And how do you know some pony else should have been the princess of friendship ?

Whats the fact showing Twilight shouldn't have become the princess of friendship ?

None of them. The mane six represent friendship, and each of them represents themselves. Their positive qualities are what make friendship possible. Twilight never needed to be put above her friends, I don't get how giving her even more abilities than she already had was necessary.  

Unlikely given the toys for Cutie Mark Magic so far.

If they were to do a such thing it might be better served as a series finale as I don't see how turning them all into alicorns or princesses furthers the other characters growth as far personal ambitions are concerned. Plus it would dilute the whole idea of becoming an alicorn if everyone could just become one like that especially if the others don't earn it.

I don't think the others will be made alicorns, actually. With Twilight I sort of expected it because she's Celestia's personal student, as well as the very embodiment of magic itself, but her friends were mainly catalysts for her to reach that destiny. While I'm sure the others will have grand destinies themselves, I doubt they will be the same as Twilight's.

Rainbow Dash wants to join the Wonderbolts

She's in the wonderbolts.

This whole destiny thing doesn't sit for me.

I would argue that it was her destiny. She was Celestia's personal student. Her element of harmony was a crown. Her brother and sister in law are royalty. She grew up in Canterlot. She is the main leader of friendship; without her, the six of them would have failed. It was her destiny to live that life, from what I see in the show itself. Even if you don't buy that, she's the main character and FiM is her story. So she should be given a more important role than the others.

• Brohoof 2

I would prefer them not to make the rest of the main 6 as alicorns because it would just ruin things imo. But as a company you need to keep things fresh and make new merchandise to be bought.For that to happen they need characters or updated characters with a significant change. Turning them all into alicorns is one way of making a significant change to create new merchandise and further profit from it. So although it's sounds like a bad idea show and story wise. They will probably do it just to get the extra $$$$$$.

Honestly, I'd be fine with this.

Setting Twilight as the only Alicorn mane 6 member made her way too much of a mary-sue, especially after they spent the first 2 seasons hammering it into the canon that magic is the rarest and most powerful of all the elements. Sure the main characters are supposed to be stronger than the other characters in the show, and typically, there is one star among the main characters (In this case Twilight) that is supposed to be the leader and therefore stronger than the rest of the group; but a balance of power is still needed (it's the reason I don't watch DBZ.... other than the abridged series). Having one character that is so much greater than the other main characters is nothing more than poor writing.

If the other mane 5 were to ascend, however, the balance of power would even out once more, and I'd have nothing more to complain about. It would even fix my problems with Twilight becoming an Alicorn in the first place! (Again, because one main character is usually supposed to be the strongest, therefore, it would make sense that they would ascend before the others.)

• Brohoof 1

Setting Twilight as the only Alicorn mane 6 member made her way too much of a mary-sue

When in actuality, she hasn't been affected by her royal status at all really except by questioning her purpose every chance she gets. Even ponies in her own town don't even bother recognizing her status or bowing to her or anything as if the entire world is in on her self-doubt phase. Mary sue means a perfect character with no flaws, past or present. One can't become one. One has to have been one always. Twilight has a luxury of just pretending she isn't a princess and acts as if it never happened during season 4, only being forced to acknowledge it a few times so far.

• Brohoof 1

Having one character that is so much greater than the other main characters is nothing more than poor writing.

Especially given the actual theme of the show, as well as the notion that each of the mane five are supposed to be "main" characters themselves. 

• Brohoof 2

That's my point, people get to decide what they want to do with whatever passions and talents they have. There is nothing in the universe that controls where you go, no pre-set outcome guaranteed for you in the future.

In the "The cutie mark chronicles" When Celestia raise the sun Twilight felt a great passion for magic, she started studying magic and at the test thanks to the sonic rainboom her magic power was unleashed, showing it was her destiny to represent the element of magic. I believe everyone is born with its grand desire, that certain passion for something aka destiny, thats what the cutie mark crusaders are trying to find out, what were they born to do.

Edited by FrozenSpark

I have the ultimate answer. If they all become Alicorns, we'll go gather together in Guy Fawkes masks and charge M.A. Larson's house, and once we arrive, we will all ceremonially yell "LARSON!" and refuse to leave until he rewrites the episode(s).

• Brohoof 1

This is kind of a big issue I have with them focusing on cutie marks so much lately and treating them like destiny like how they were in the S3 finale.

When a cutie mark is less of a suggestion and more a solid, set in stone destiny with what you are to do with your life, it kind of rubs me the wrong way. (one other reason I dislike cutie marks being the theme for this season >.<)

Meh, i don't know. Maybe they should all become seaponies instead.

no seaponies. ONLY HIPPOCAMPI!

556528__safe_idw_jewel_artist-colon-bren

This whole destiny thing doesn't sit for me.

On the destiny bit: They somewhat reinforced it being her destiny more in the S4 premier, as they retconned the element of magic as ALWAYS having been twilight's cutie mark compared to the book in the S1 premier where it was just a generic Gemstome like the others.

So instead of it being that twilight's element took on the shape of her cutie mark like all the other 5's, they changed things so that Twilight's cutie mark ALREADY was the element's shape, making it her destiny from day one to be the element bearer compared to just the elements accepting her as a bearer like it was shown in the original start of the show.

So they made it really, REALLY heavy on enforcing her specialness there.

medium.png

• Brohoof 1

That would be it for me. I had (and still have) a laundry list of complaints about just Twilight becoming an alicorn. Making the rest of her friends alicorns as well would turn me off of the show entirely. Lauren Faust's message has been compromised enough.

Seasons 1-3 (until finale): "We're six ponies (people) just like you, who are forging our own paths in life and learning the magic of friendship!"

Seasons 4 & 5 (until finale): "We're five ponies just like you and one demigod, who are still learning the magic of friendship but not really forging our own paths in life. Destiny, yo."

Season 6 with an alicorned Mane 6: "We're six demigods, elevated above you mere mortals by inescapable destiny! Oh, and, uh...something about friendship!"

• Brohoof 2

If that happened; I would consider getting a posse together to raid Larson's mansion. With Blackgryph0n as our leader; we will storm over his moat of brony tears and do battle with him atop the golden floor he payed for with toy royalties. (I had fun typing that XD)

I have the ultimate answer. If they all become Alicorns, we'll go gather together in Guy Fawkes masks and charge M.A. Larson's house, and once we arrive, we will all ceremonially yell "LARSON!" and refuse to leave until he rewrites the episode(s).

^ This guy gets it.

Edited by IcefireInfinite
  • Brohoof 2

If that happened; I would consider getting a posse together to raid Larson's mansion. With Blackgryph0n as our leader; we will storm over his moat of brony tears and do battle with him atop the golden floor he payed for with toy royalties.

Don't you think that you go a bit over the top there? Sure, i can understand if you where upset. But it wouldn't make this fandom look very smart.

Don't you think that you go a bit over the top there? Sure, i can understand if you where upset. But it wouldn't make this fandom look very smart.

It was an over-reaction joke. If this was to actually happen; I trust Larson to pull it off skillfully and making the change make sense. I don't think this change will ever happen because of the six's personalities, but if it did I trust the writers on it.

(edited)

Actually I'd pay to see that.

If that happened; I would consider getting a posse together to raid Larson's mansion. With Blackgryph0n as our leader; we will storm over his moat of brony tears and do battle with him atop the golden floor he payed for with toy royalties. (I had fun typing that XD)

The brony tears is the finest of it's kind. Very exquisite. Drank from a golden chalice adorned with rubies.

1339857946135.png

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1