I Like EQG Better Than FiM. Anyone Else Agree?

Platinum Sonnet

To me, EQG is a fun twist. But it's far from equal to FIM and I really need to be in the right mood to go back to it. The web shorts are nice but in my opinion, the format doesn't work as well as, say, only doing full-length episodes or specials. The movies and specials are better.

• Brohoof 2

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

• 2 months later...

Nah. I think I like Equestria Girls more than the average fan, but I can't say that I'd watch it over FiM in most cases. I do think the quality is more consistent than FiM though. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Oooh this is a hard one, I actually did like EG a bit more than FiM. I'm still upset that they did not finish EG's story completely. Those girls deserved more!

Edited by thecoolerglimmer

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2021-05-21 at 6:20 PM, JMTV99 said:

I WHOLEHEARTLY disagree with you! :okiedokieloki:

Equestria Girls is a corporate cynical cash grab that should NEVER existed in the FiM universe in the first place! If Hasbro want to create a Monster High rip off, be my guess, but don't ever associate with MLP.

I know I shouldn't be too harsh on it because a lot of people really love just as much as the mainline series. If you guys like it, more power to you. I just don't like it.

Didn't it get better in later movies such as Rainbow Rocks, Friendship Games, Legend of Everfree, and Forgotten Friendship?

And what about Sunset Shimmer, she's got a really strong arc in the series of her redemption?

Besides, is there any way that EQG could have been good if you were forced to have it exist in the first place?

And calling it a cash grab falls flat considering FiM was essentially also intended to sell toys too, so calling EQG a cash grab and not FiM is kinda hypocritical.

On 2021-02-07 at 5:01 AM, Tom Gallagher said:

What is that? I've never heard of it! :P

No, but in all seriousness, I don't like its premise and as a result, I have chosen to never watch it. :proud: From what I have seen of it, because sometimes it's unavoidable, it seems to have done everything that I'm glad FiM didn't, in that it looks like it's attempting to be trendy and hip with current teenagers, giving the ponies modern technology and giving them dumb romances being prime examples. :mlp_wat: I could be wrong but that's the impression I've got. :kindness: Plus, I'm not a big fan of how they look. :okiedokieloki: As such, it definitely won't have the life-saving effect that FiM had on me. There's only one show that ever happened and that's Friendship is Magic! :wub:

Hey, it's not that reliant on modern technology and the romance is pretty limited outside of Flash/Pony Twilight (which was dropped after Rainbow Rocks).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-01 at 6:40 PM, SunsetShimmerStan said:

Hey, it's not that reliant on modern technology and the romance is pretty limited outside of Flash/Pony Twilight (which was dropped after Rainbow Rocks).

I'm not really here anymore but I just wanted to say that I was very young and green when I shared my very strong opinion on EqG and to be frank, I don't really agree with it anymore. While its premise never grew on me and with the exception of Sci Twi, I'm not that keen on the human designs, I do acknowledge now that there are a lot of good things about it and I know it's very well-liked by fans. I really don't mind it now. :adorkable:

• smile 1

image.png
Signature made by the amazing @Sparklefan1234

Equestria Girls I like to some extent, but definitely not as much as FiM. I wish there was a stand alone Equestria Girls show that showed various background characters in the spotlight.

post-8308-0-71681500-1384286678.png.0d2177f6769c784855a970d3d2658987.png

MLP Fan since ~ Summer of 2011

• 1 month later...

Ehhh no, as I said in other post, for me Equestria Girls is a nice additional content to the series, a supplement, it's great that it exists, specially to see official human versions of the characters, but it's not as interesting as the main Horse series, it's just a minor thing, when I was about to watch Movie 1 one of my biggest fears was that it could lose some of the magic of what made the regular series special to me, fortunately I think it's still has the spirit but the fact that it's not about horses and a fantastic world anymore makes it less unique for me (that's why Movie 1 is my favorite EG material so far)

But I'm totally open for more EG movies or specials or whatever new content, I really don't like the Dolls but the Minis are really cool so it would be nice to see more of them as well

• Brohoof 1

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I like both Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls equally. I just wish they would've made more cartoons for the latter, there were some things that would've been interesting to see in that franchise had the production team been given the time to expand on it.

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit that EQG really soured me on MLP back in 2013. I think it's fine now, but I'll always prefer FiM. I still have some nostalgia for EQG videos though, even if the show itself didn't gel with me.

At one point I did, mostly around the time S6 was airing. EQG declined significantly as well though I stuck around for the shorts which I was still enjoying and hey, I actually watched the finale for EQG which at least has that going for it

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I prefer EQG because it's actually what got me into MLP! I always liked it somewhat, but only got really invested when I saw the first EQG film. That being said, Rainbow Rocks had the best songs to me. Ngl FiM is a fun time too though :)

Edited by Sunny_Skyes
Needed to elaborate