Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Any Unpopular Characters That You Like?

Odyssey

Hmm, Deathwing in the Warcraft Universe is pretty much disliked by most fans, because of how he was portrayed, but I find him to be pretty interesting, I think he had potential to be as relatable as Arthas, but they downplayed his character in Cataclysm a lot. I still think he's a badass motherfucker, though, and a really cool looking dragon.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :P

At this point I'm inclined to say Rainbow Dash. Nowadays bronies seem to hate her for literally anything and everything. Whether it be taking things she does far out context, acting like she committed some damning sin every time she makes a mistake, being needlessly overcritcal of everythig she does(especially compared to everyone else) not to mention double standards as she's often singled out even when others have done the same(or similar). And even when she does nothing wrong people will complain about the stuff she didn't do, or that the writers are "shoving her down their throats". I'm pretty convinced bronies are hating her just for the sake of it, because they think it makes them cool("She's overrated!)" and the like.

*breathes* now that the minirant is said and done, I'm gonna throw my hat in for Tien from Dragon Ball also. The guy's not constantly mocked like Yamcha or Krillin, but he's not as powerful as Piccolo or the saiyans, yet he's still has plenty of impressive feats, like when he kept Cell down after absorbing 17, or how he took on Buu when Gohan was struggling, and that's not even getting into the shit he's done in Dragonball. In short, I don't think he get's enough recognition like the other Dragonball characters, and it doesn't help that they pretty much wrote him out in the end save for a couple of moments(though it's great to see him in the movies again)

Edited by Gattai
  • Brohoof 2

Tree Hugger's one for me. Most people I talk to seem to hate her. She's easily in my favorite one-off character so far. I also like Cherry Jubilee, but I wouldn't exactly call her unpopular.

Yah know, if I had to choose one, it would be Rain from Mortal Kombat. Of course one can make all of the"pallette swap ninja" jokes they want, but I always thought Rain had one of the better backstories to come out of MK: Armageddon. Granted he was a dick in his character ending, but an interesting one. :P

Jubilee from the X-men cartoon.  She was the kid side kick with mostly useless powers a lot of fans would say but I liked her and still do!

Oh my, I'll be here for a bit.

There's many characters I could name.

SilverSpoon, Rarity, Miss Cheerilee, Mina Carolina, Erwin Smith, Sayaka Miki, Isabel Magnolia, Pearl...

But mainly, Petra Ral. Jeez, do I love her or what.

I have never understood why the fandom should hate such a great character as Petra, and finding her here made me quite bitter.

She is said to be 'too motherly'...

Yes, she is very motherly. But it's so very important to the story line you have no idea.

Being motherly with the members of her squad, and mainly Eren makes the difference.

Petra is the one who is a mother to Eren after he watched his biological mother being eaten alive.

She is the one whom puts all of her trust into him when no one else does, she even made her squad say they're sorry by making everyone bite their wrists for almost cutting his head off.

She is the one who wanted to save him from a certain death when he wanted to mess up.

She's said to be mary-sue, I'm sorry to say but I've never seen such a wonderful and perfect character.

There are a lot a of strong fictional women out there, but Petra is certainly different from everyone else. She is very strong, but she is not a rebel like many other and is respectful to her superiors without being succubus. 

She is always ready to make the first step, and she is much braver than she looks. She's loving and cares.

She cares about her comrades, and she cares about her family.

She is very unique, not at all a mary-sue type.

She's said to do nothing.

Jeez, have we read or watched the same thing here?!

As I said, she is the one who helps Eren when he doesn't even know how his powers work.

When she made the entire squad bite their wrists in front of him, she was basically telling him, "We're here for you".

She helped the hope of humanity to believe in himself and his comrades. She taught him not to fight alone.

She dies with all the squad to save him from the titan that was chasing him, only him. She give Eren - the goddamn main character - a reason to fight. Now you're telling me this could even be possible to nothing.

She is so beautiful inside and out and so important. She doesn't deserve all of this hate. If we saw Petra's backstory, so many thoughts on her would change.

(Sorry for my rambling I just love her too much omf-)

Oerba Dia Vanille, seem to be unpopular, she was called annoying character by some, but i love her. Princess Celestria seem not popular as Luna, she seem unpopular from some, I love her as much as her sister, Luna.

Superman & Spyro seem to be dislike by many people but there many other that like them, too.