Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Any Unpopular Characters That You Like?

Odyssey

Pretty self-explanatory. Are there any characters that you like because of their personality/design/backstory/etc., but everybody else seems to dislike for the same reasons? Or alternatively, is there a character that you like, but is overshadowed by many other popular ones? It can be from any series, be it MLP, Nintendo, a book series or whatever. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

EDIT: I've moved this topic to the right section. :P

Edited by Odyssey

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I love their designs, and I have some pretty sweet headcanons for them that give them much more depth as characters, especially DT.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

Even though Spike is one of the main characters, a lot of people hate him. I think he's one of the most unique characters and one of my favourite. He can be funny, snarky, ignorant, immature, selfish and speaks the truth even if it's not appropriate. I really don't see why people hate his character; he's one of the few characters who isn't a cliché or a stereotype. He has also had a lot of valuable lessons learned.

• Brohoof 8

I already love this thread :D

I'm gonna take my opportunity... Hawkeye is overshadowed by the other Avengers all the time. He's my favourite member of the team though! His skill set, his personality, and the fact that he messes up an awful all make him one of the most relatable Marvel characters in my opinion. But Iron Man and the others (not saying I hate them, I still think they're awesome) get all the attention.

Yeah I'm a fangirl.

I also think every Pokemon Ash has ever had is overshadowed by Pikachu and Charizard. My favourite one of his Pokemon was Buizel, and actually that's the main reason one of my favourite Pokemon of all time as of now is. Pikachu is cute and all, but why can't Ash keep some other Pokemon permanently by his side during his journey? And not to mention his other human friends.

And, of course, there's Spike. I love Spike <3 he's so adorable :)

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 1

I really like the design of the Orange's. Aunt Orange's Colors are just really nice. 

I don't know if a lot of other people hate her but I'm particularly fond of Minty, even if she officially debuted in G3 she will always be one of my favourite characters.

Yessss Minty!  I love her design as welll.

Two major ones:

King Sombra. Guys, he did wxacy what he was supposed to do. We weren't supposed to know too much about him. An extensive back story wouldn't have been necessary. King Sombra himself wasn't the antagonist, it was the threat of his return that we should have been worried about.

And now for the big one. SUPERMAN. I love the Man of Steel, and it pains me when I see all of the usual criticisms against him. "He's overpowered", "Mary Sue", "bland and boring". And I'm just sitting there like, "no, youre wrong!". Superman is and incredible character with tons of emotional depth and internal flaws, but people instead only look at how harf he can punch or how much he can lift. Seriously folks, pick up a comic book, rewatch Man of Steel, just please, do something so that you can form your own opinions instead of listening to the ill informed opinions of others. My biggest hope for Batman v. Superman is that it finally changes the general public's view on Superman.

The new Dante from DmC. I felt he had far more emotional depth and reason to act the way he did than the original Dante who was completely whimsical and flat. I'll never understand why he's so beloved while the new one is considered all wrong.

I LOVE Skarmory, it's my favourite pokemon! People seem to find it creepy, tho.

Also, king Mufasa from The Lion King. He gets so much hate for being too perfect, apparently... 

• Brohoof 1

Smash Bros wise, PAC-MAN. Everyone knows PAC-MAN, but almost no one uses PAC-MAN in Smash Bros. PAC-MAN is so bad, there are many characters I'm better with, but I still use him. If I get a Wii U and Smash Bros, I'll train with him, learn some deadly traps, and become a god with him.

• Brohoof 1

I LOVE Skarmory, it's my favourite pokemon! People seem to find it creepy, tho.

Also, king Mufasa from The Lion King. He gets so much hate for being too perfect, apparently...

We know literally nothing about him. The only thing we know about his reign is that it worked and that Simba keeps comparing himself to his father using childhood memories as a basis. That's probably part of why in The Lion King 2 when he tried to emulate his father it didn't work out very well. Because he doesn't have the full picture. His father died when he was really young when he disappeared to live away from the Pride Lands.

• Brohoof 1

I have always liked Tom Nook from the Animal Crossing series yet everyone seems to hate him, he just always seemed to be a nice character to me, i like how he never forces you to pay your loan and will literally wait forever for you to pay it back. 

• Brohoof 3

Not many people seem to like Bickslow and Sho from Fairy Tail, but I have really come to like them!

post-14906-0-01515100-1441061124.jpg

post-14906-0-09134800-1441061136_thumb.jpg

-(MLP) Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon

not_too_cool_for_cuddling_by_roliet-d5tp

-(SD: MI) Sheriff Bronson Stone

char_16466.jpg

-(The Office) Nellie Bertram, Gabe Lewis, and Toby Flenderson

tumblr_lziq93XV731qcrfp8o1_500.gif

iBU5J.gif

tumblr_lu6djrgNHe1qi8a9co1_400.gif

Edited by Scrub Monkey 3rd Class

I like Tiff/Fumu from the Kirby anime. Being the smart girl in town has to help, though, she tends to belief herself to be always in the right, it doesn't help the kapis are a bit morons  :lol: . Also, I sympathised with her when she was bullied, and loved it when she trained with Meta Knight and kicked the bullies' "buttes" with her own hands :sneer: 

tiff___daughter_of_sir_ebrum_by_xxkaijuk

She's the only character that comes to mind filling that description. In fact, most of the characters everyone hate I usually don't mind them (Tingle), or if I hate them, I find out that they're universally hated (Jar Jar, that obnoxious thing in Star Wars)  :lol:  

This is more or less repeating what I've said on another thread, but...

• Cranky and Matilda
  • The Pest Control Pony from Bloom & Gloom
  • Noteworthy (I kinda like his design and even based my OC on it)
  • The Delivery Pony from Rainbow Rocks
  • The tree-cutting pony from Princess Spike

On a Gravity Falls note (which I just got into less than two weeks ago; binge-watched the entire series in about a week), I wonder if anyone finds Old Man McGucket hilarious as I do.