Need to find good music making software.

DJStrike

Unfortunately, most comprehensive music creation softwares are fairly pricey. Prices usually range from £60 (~$90, ~€80) to anywhere up to £700 (~$1,100, ~€950) for full versions. I personally use FL Studio. It's an understandable program which is not as expensive as most (I got mine for around £80). There aren't really any free or very cheap programs that compare at all - the only thing would be GarageBand and that's an Apple exclusive. You've really got to know you want to get into music properly before you buy a DAW.

• Brohoof 1

amaLrj6.png

I make 8-bit music and sing on YouTube, as well as voice acting! Check me out:

YouTube | SoundCloud | Twitter | Twitch | Steam

I know an free Music Maker Program :

http://www.audiosauna.com/

Its still in Beta ( like 2 years or so ) but it works. Not the best music program, but its for free and you can test out if music making is really something for you  :)

Also Music 2000 for Pc.

Its an older game, but much much cheaper than every other music maker program i know off  :lol:

Its very easy to handle and understand and has a lot of samples from which you can choose from.

You just have to make sure, it works on your computer :ooh:

Also, if you know a way to record playstation footage, why not try the entire music series out ?

Music, Music 2000, Music 3000, MTC Music Generator 1 and 2.

I had fun with those games  :love:

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

If you want unparalleled control over your track, and don't mind putting in a large amount of extra technical work, you can look into a tracker. Trackers produce Module music, which is a form of MIDI that stores its own instruments and has a greatly extended special effect library, allowing you to theoretically produce MP3 or OGG-quality audio at a tiny fraction of the file size (which will increase rapidly with sample count and quality, but barely at all with track length.)

Most trackers are also capable of exporting to WAV or stream / MP3 format.

Trackers in general are free software in both senses, but I'll repeat: fancy audio suites do most of your footwork for you, and trackers do more or less zero, so you're going to need a high technical mastery of acoustics and a lot of patience to produce the same quality or "realism". I've seen it done before, but it's an uncommon talent.

In addition, a program that plays modules is not necessarily going to read them in the same way as another program that makes modules, which can create unpleasant glitches for some listeners.

For general purpose tracking, I would recommend OpenMPT. If you specifically want to track NES-style chiptunes, you should also pick up Famitracker (even if only to generate NES samples and use them in OpenMPT.)