Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wait, so it won't be in theaters?

glitterbomb

Is the 3rd movie not coming to the movie theaters? I'm so bummed out about this. Where will we be able to see it premier? Is it going to be shown on TV, or just go straight to video? I'm hoping there's at least some DVD release parties or something! 

post-31951-0-34418400-1442679005_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

It won't.. not in the theaters? '~'

made it clear early on that it was going to be direct to video after premiering on Discovery Family. 

^ This, similar to what I was going to say~ <3 <3 :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :wub:  :wub:  :)  :P  

• Brohoof 1

L

It's already been in theaters, the Angelika Film Center in New York City was showing it on the 17th, as an exclusive theatrical debut.

Does seem doubtful it'll be shown elsewhere, for a wider audience.

:maud: As the man said, it's one and only showing was about a week ago in New York, and was not available to the general public, only to cast and crew.

I'm surprised it's not in theaters, considering that most bronies are more excited about this more than the other two.

Remember this is Hasbro we're talking about here. EG made an OK amount of revenue in the box office, and EG:RR did ok, but it didn't gross as much. Hasbro is all about the money.

• Brohoof 2

W-Wait! Are you telling me that the first two EQG movies were released as theatrical features?!

We only got them as some sort of TV specials around here... (I live in Europe)

It had a limited run in the U.S. They were always meant to be straight-to-video movies, but as it was kindly pointed out, Hasbro couldn't resist going the extra mile.

• Brohoof 1

W-Wait! Are you telling me that the first two EQG movies were released as theatrical features?!

Yeah where I am the first two movies were both released in theaters, I'm sort of glad this one will be on TV at least, better than nothing lol.

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 1

I actually prefer it to premiere on TV rather than in theaters. Mainly because the first two movies were never showing at any theater near me and I doubt Friendship Games would be any different if it had a theatrical release.

• Brohoof 4

Yes lol. I didn't get to see em' and I wish I would've...

Oh holy cow! We got one week, fellas! One more week! I can't wait to see the human Twilight revealed!

I KNOW RIGHT ALL YOU CAN HEAR FROM MY ROOM IS EXCITED SQUEES

• Brohoof 1

Remember how the first 2 films were released first in theathers, then DVD/Blu-ray, then syndicated to tv?

I wonder, if because it's airing on TV first, do you think it might be syndicated like the last two, meaning there might be less stuff in the tv premiere than in the DVD, or do you think all 72 minutes of the DVD will be there?

I'm glad it's not gonna be in theaters. Besides the fact that it never aired in any of the theaters I lived near, it means I can see it right when it airs and not after tons of people already have and avoid all the spoilers, nor do I have to resort to watching a shitty cam rip