searching Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -OOC- (Never closed)

J.R.

@@J.R., I hope youre running a clever gambit with this flower thing. I'm assuming you expected me to follow o3o

@@J.R., He, um... he dropped the cactus leaf in the bar... .3.

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

so, does that apply to me?

Nah. It's something that only applies to those who haven't gotten in yet, and only on rare occasions. Once you're in, you have nothing to worry about.  :lol:

@@Fractured,

Soo, question- are these matches on a specific schedule that we are waiting on, or are we just waiting on you to shout GO! ? Because if it's the latter, I'd love for you to go ahead and do that, since I don't really do small talk particularly well and we're both standing in the arena. :catface:

@@Fractured,

Soo, question- are these matches on a specific schedule that we are waiting on, or are we just waiting on you to shout GO! ? Because if it's the latter, I'd love for you to go ahead and do that, since I don't really do small talk particularly well and we're both standing in the arena. :catface:

It's not. Honestly, I feel like a re-vamping of said rules requiring announcement is in order, since at this point, it's more for show than anything else. Maybe something involving self-announcement. But for now, let me go ahead and set y'all off. :D

Side-note: Did you and Crispy fries agree to a stage yet?

@@Fractured,

Yeah, we're hanging out at Crystal Lake from Friday the 13th.

Alrighty. Which I guess means you two are the first to take advantage of the new announcement: participants wanting to arena match are no longer required to be announced by me before fighting. You still have to pick your stages, but now all you need to do is just make sure to note that it's an arena fight beforehand, then you can throw down to your hearts content. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

@@J.R.

Bronislav recommended that I throw my OC into the mix

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/luster-r9582

robo twilight .3.

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

@@J.R.

Bronislav recommended that I throw my OC into the mix

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/luster-r9582

Well...this is certainly interesting. A Robot version of Twilight? And I see you've detailed her strengths and weaknesses, correct?

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Ice Blizzard, one of the coolest ponies you're ever gonna meet. Also, Rarity is, without question, best pony. :wub::DMy Youtube Channel  IB's Profile

Tell me what you think of me Challenge an OC to fight My Newest FimFic

Well...this is certainly interesting. A Robot version of Twilight? And I see you've detailed her strengths and weaknesses, correct?

Appearance wise yes. Personality wise, she's more Twily's rebellious teenage daughter. And yeah, those strengths & weaknesses are more or less listed, unless I remember anything else down the line. 

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

Appearance wise yes. Personality wise, she's more Twily's rebellious teenage daughter. And yeah, those strengths & weaknesses are more or less listed, unless I remember anything else down the line. 

I see. So she's from a universe in which ponies and humans coexist?

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Ice Blizzard, one of the coolest ponies you're ever gonna meet. Also, Rarity is, without question, best pony. :wub::DMy Youtube Channel  IB's Profile

More like they're aware of each other across dimensions, at least their governments are. Here the events of EQG are semi-cannon, and altered from the original. The worlds of Equis Earth and Terran Earth have been in top secret contact for nearly 30 years before the events of the show. Luster was built shortly after and has functioned for the past 12. Still it will be another few decades before both worlds are made publicly aware of the other. 

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

More like they're aware of each other across dimensions, at least their governments are. Here the events of EQG are semi-cannon, and altered from the original. The worlds of Equis Earth and Terran Earth have been in top secret contact for nearly 30 years before the events of the show. Luster was built shortly after and has functioned for the past 12. Still it will be another few decades before both worlds are made publicly aware of the other. 

I see....well she looks very interesting to me, and pretty balanced.

• Brohoof 1

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

(edited)

Very nicely implemented balance between the Mk7 and the more powerful but too futuristic Mk8 which might be too much here. We're only 5 years into the future here.

2 concerns though: The Slip metal might be an issue with Corona, and for those reading you should link to Lektra. I'll do the same after I've made the post I'm working on.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-
by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

I see....well she looks very interesting to me, and pretty balanced.

"Balanced" if you're fighting her in a tank, maybe. The only thing I can see destroying Luster would be a long distraction followed by enough airship-delivered explosives to dig a new foundation for the Canterlot Castle.

Her anti-personnel weapons are insurmountable, and effectively mean that if you get within a half-mile of her (depending on whether her 20mm cannons may be fired on semi-automatic as sniper rifles) you're dead. Not to mention that she cannot be harmed whatsoever by magic this side of the Elements of Harmony. (repeated blasts from the EoH, I note)

Furthermore, even if one closes within melee range, her armor appears to be impervious to most if not all varieties of melee weapon I can think of off the top of my head, and I read something about Luster being able to channel a million volts through her exoskeleton. This effectively means that the only thing a pony would harm by delivering blows with a sword or other metallic melee weapon would be themselves, by conductivity.

Overall, Luster is balanced in no way whatsoever, and I personally would not consider combatting her without considerable air support or some other source of immense tactical power, such as a tactical orbital strike weapon, a Diarchy-class aeronaval dreadnought with its marine complement, or a task force of lighter airships.

• Brohoof 2

"Balanced" if you're fighting her in a tank, maybe. The only thing I can see destroying Luster would be a long distraction followed by enough airship-delivered explosives to dig a new foundation for the Canterlot Castle.

Her anti-personnel weapons are insurmountable, and effectively mean that if you get within a half-mile of her (depending on whether her 20mm cannons may be fired on semi-automatic as sniper rifles) you're dead. Not to mention that she cannot be harmed whatsoever by magic this side of the Elements of Harmony. (repeated blasts from the EoH, I note)

Furthermore, even if one closes within melee range, her armor appears to be impervious to most if not all varieties of melee weapon I can think of off the top of my head, and I read something about Luster being able to channel a million volts through her exoskeleton. This effectively means that the only thing a pony would harm by delivering blows with a sword or other metallic melee weapon would be themselves, by conductivity.

Overall, Luster is balanced in no way whatsoever, and I personally would not consider combatting her without considerable air support or some other source of immense tactical power, such as a tactical orbital strike weapon, a Diarchy-class aeronaval dreadnought with its marine complement, or a task force of lighter airships.

I meant balanced as far as the weaknesses she has, bro. XD

She's not insanely OP is my point.

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

I meant balanced as far as the weaknesses she has, bro. XDShe's not insanely OP is my point.

I don't mean to start an argument, but allow me to quote the only section which deals with Luster's weaknesses.

"Unfortunately despite all her technological abilities, Luster herself is incapable of using magic. Strip away both her shadow crystal & slipnir armor, and she is vulnerable to basic spells. Even a massive enough blast of magic from say, the princesses, will overwhelm her if one of her key anti-magic defenses are compromised. Add to that the facts that she is quick to anger, gets overwhelmed by the thrill of battle and of besting her opponent to an obsessive degree, that she'll disregard her primary mission, just to finish any who oppose her. And her stubborn pride won't allow her to retreat, so she'll fight to the bitter end of a hopeless struggle, instead of retreating, learning from her encounter and striking at a more strategic time."

Translation:

"Despite being basically worth an entire army at this point in Bangcolt's timeline, Luster herself is incapable of using magic, which doesn't matter since she can still kill things from half a mile away and you can't do anything to her damage-wise. Get rid of everything which makes her OP, which is impossible since she is immune to magic and more or less all weaponry this side of anti-tank guns, and she won't be OP. If you're a unicorn. Otherwise, you're screwed either way. Furthermore, if you get in a fight with her, she won't stop until she's ground your puny bones into the dirt, scorched the dirt to ashes, and then riddled the ashes with bullets. Even if you manage to escape, she's going to find you and kill you anyway once she gets you alone and without whatever you used to get away last time."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yea the Mk7 is pretty decent for a combat RP with many varying styles and needing to be more balanced. In the RP universe she comes from, the Mk8 defeated all the Princesses with relative ease and it's successor built by Lektra the v9.2.8 (Which Luster doesn't get access to for story reasons) is waaaaaay too OP for this cause of how far in the future that body was built and how much time she's had to perfect it.

Just need to iron out the details to an acceptable level.

Edited by bronislav84

by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

I don't mean to start an argument, but allow me to quote the only section which deals with Luster's weaknesses.

"Unfortunately despite all her technological abilities, Luster herself is incapable of using magic. Strip away both her shadow crystal & slipnir armor, and she is vulnerable to basic spells. Even a massive enough blast of magic from say, the princesses, will overwhelm her if one of her key anti-magic defenses are compromised. Add to that the facts that she is quick to anger, gets overwhelmed by the thrill of battle and of besting her opponent to an obsessive degree, that she'll disregard her primary mission, just to finish any who oppose her. And her stubborn pride won't allow her to retreat, so she'll fight to the bitter end of a hopeless struggle, instead of retreating, learning from her encounter and striking at a more strategic time."

Translation:

"Despite being basically worth an entire army at this point in Bangcolt's timeline, Luster herself is incapable of using magic, which doesn't matter since she can still kill things from half a mile away and you can't do anything to her damage-wise. Get rid of everything which makes her OP, which is impossible since she is immune to magic and more or less all weaponry this side of anti-tank guns, and she won't be OP. If you're a unicorn. Otherwise, you're screwed either way. Furthermore, if you get in a fight with her, she won't stop until she's ground your puny bones into the dirt, scorched the dirt to ashes, and then riddled the ashes with bullets. Even if you manage to escape, she's going to find you and kill you anyway once she gets you alone and without whatever you used to get away last time."

Then again--OP OCs are allowed as clearly stated in the rules, only against other OP OCs. :)

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

That would limit her options to pretty much Armored Lektra and the high tier bosses. I feel Denim might need to tone it down a bit or make a Base Mode that's relatively tame, and some kind of powered up form or one where a sort of limiter is removed. Also it's not stated, but Luster is unable to land mortal blows on ponies. Not that it matters here since we have perfected magical revival, but I just felt like it should be mentioned.

by @Balareth+@Onion Sing