Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -OOC- (Never closed)

J.R.

@@Fractured,

He Sheathed the heavy blade, then real soon Sleight strucked Falza's cheek turning and kepted his head sideways. Letting this happen, the dark mage starred at her coldly with radiant red eyes for a short second before using his right arm to hold her's. Released powerful lightning shocks into Sleight's shoulder long enough to cause total body nerve disruption... hopefully ending this fight.

Um... Are you giving her a chance to dodge? o.O

Or to at least...ya know...react?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Um... Are you giving her a chance to dodge? o.O

Or to at least...ya know...react?

If she wishes to escape it... was I a little commanding in text?

(Edited anyway to change it)

Edited by DarkusX

(edited)

@@Fractured

Corona, I am taking Twilacorn for a bit. You may have her back in...when is Cher going to be relevant again?

Are yall restarting this? If so I'd like to join

Sure. Go ahead. XD Just promise me you don't suck at RPing and we'll be good XD 

I'm going to let my entry age abit before I post. Are you guys gonna start anew or are ya going to have a continuation...

A bit of both. What we're doing is working a per character basis. So, essentialy, some characters will move, some won't. The large majority of characters are staying where they are...some accelearting forwards. But their is no "reboot" per se. it's kind of what who wants to do with what character.

So, basically, just play it like it's continuing and you should be fine. 

Edited by Tacoma

I am currently in the most wonderful state of multiple RP superposition. Related to quantum superposition, this state comes into play when a RPer is dead and alive at the same time. This situation disappears upon either a reply or a certain time period has elapsed, resulting in confirmation of a state.

Also, there'll have to be one hell of a timeskip for this, but I am perfectly okay with that. Now, to figure out how to orchestrate it...

• Brohoof 1

@@P-Jay

Well, if that post wasn't obvious enough..... Naga Versus Caliber?

I'd be honored. It'll give me a good chance to set something up for the fight with Galtos...

But! Sadly, Lektra has dibs. I'll fight her(andwin) first. Aight?

• Brohoof 1

I am currently in the most wonderful state of multiple RP superposition. Related to quantum superposition, this state comes into play when a RPer is dead and alive at the same time. This situation disappears upon either a reply or a certain time period has elapsed, resulting in confirmation of a state.

Also, there'll have to be one hell of a timeskip for this, but I am perfectly okay with that. Now, to figure out how to orchestrate it...

Welcome back my man. Glad to see you're joining us again. ^_^

It's Ice's birthday soon. I think Will should know about it XD

I'd be honored. It'll give me a good chance to set something up for the fight with Galtos...

But! Sadly, Lektra has dibs. I'll fight her(andwin) first. Aight?

Fair enough! I can wait XD

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

@@J.R.

Hi again.  I would like to enter as my OC, Copper Strikes.

I have a headcanon that will allow him to go super when needed, but he doesn't use it often.  He has a fifteen minute time limit, and when time's up he loses all his energy.  He becomes a pseudo-alicorn, yellow fur'ed and all.  His speed makes up for the lack of power that he has during his super form.

He can face non-OP characters and OP characters, giving the non-OP ones fair game because he'll never go super on them.

@,

Hey! Saluatations mate. I reviewed your character sheet for Copper Strikes. I do not speak on behalf of the group, nor is my decision a final decision, but I will tell you this upfront. I don't think he should get in. That's just me personally, and very rarely do my views disagree with J.R's and Fractured's. Not saying they won't see differently, just giving you a head's up.

Now, your OC isn't a bad OC per se, but he isn't very interesting. If I were being straight up honest with you, then I don't take any interest in him. For me, I read it, then moved on. Nothing stuck out, and matter of fact, there were some things, but they were negative. 

To start, your OC hasn't a single issue. Nadda, not a single one. Or, according to the character sheet he doesn't. Sure, he doesn't like shopping, or he doesn't like math, but those aren't character flaws. As it stands--not saying its the case--Copper is a Gary Stu/Mary Sue. And I stand by it until I see some physical proof that portrays him as something else. As of now, he's cheery, calm, a good sport, and noble. All wonderful traits to have, yes, but on the other hand, there are no traits that make him real. For a teen, even a late teen, I'd expect him to have more teen-like attributes. Not that any of the before mentioned aren't possible, but you don't see them in teens all too much. 

His backstory emulates his title of "Gary Stu/Mary Sue." Sure, someone accused him of doing something wrong (I think that's what it was), but who came out on top and with everyone's support? Copper. Sorry, but yet again, I'm not saying he's a bad OC, just he's not interesting, and I couldn't imagine liking him if you stick to your character plan strongly.

Lastly, I don't think there is enough to really evaluate the character in-depth enough to know how he is. You have a lot of text yes, but a lot of it is fluff--not needed. In the first half on the first paragraph, all you told me was he likes his friends (excluding the out of place sentence). I need more from this character, I really do. 

With all that being said, I'm sure you're a good roleplayer. I'm sure Copper is a good character. I mean, heck, you play Celestia in the EQE, and you have Copper in the EQE, but here's the thing. My only evaluation of the character is his sheet. His sheet is your golden ticket, and right now my friend, it's not polished enough. EQE may have taken it, but I need more out of this character. 

A good start:
- Character Flaws
- More Personality Traits
- What does he do?
- Times in his past where he faced adversity or learned something the hard way. 

From me, my friend. It's a no. And, I'm confident enough to say, it's a no from J.R and Fractured too. 

P.S: I really liked the name

@@Tacoma

:(

Well, that ticket was just for EQE.

All you had to do was ask, I can bring flaws for this character.  It can't be a definite no, you have to give me a chance to change my character before giving a verdict.  For instance, he acts like a jerk whenever he's determined to help ponies in need.  He can act all leadership in certain situations and can complain when things don't go his way.  I wanted him to be as nice as possible, but I can't make him so mean in this role play.  :(

He works in the Ponyville Mail Service, if you didn't read his bio all the way.  There was a time when he had to fight some changelings in Canterlot to help those in need, and he got trapped by them.  He learned the hard way that he couldn't always be there fast enough for anypony in need.

@,

Perhaps I should have made this clear...

You have a chance! Please do try, because there are parts of the character I really, really did love. And, I really think you have the goods, and I want to RP with you. Don't get that mixed up. You always have a chance, and you don't even have to make "official" changes. Just tell me what you got. :P 

And, for the record, he doesn't have to be a jerk XD

I just need some sort of flaws... my three paragraphs? That was about it, me complaining on how there were no flaws. I do that. I like to ramble. But, yeah. I just need flaws XD

@@Tacoma

But you said that he had no issue.  None.  I gave you the issue and you basically ignored it.  :(

I wanna try this because the last fighting RP I was in is basically dead now, and I want to be in a fighting one.  

(I'm crying as I type this, for basically no reason.  I just tear up from time to time, I dunno why.)

But you said that he had no issue.  None.  I gave you the issue and you basically ignored it.  

And, for the record, he doesn't have to be a jerk XD

There ^ 

I didn't ignore it; I just need more than that. No person has one flaw; they have multiple! Like, I'm a blunt asshole, who should probably not be so straight-forward. XD (No harm mate, it was not my intent. I do earnestly apologize if I've offended or hurt you.)

Listen, all I'm saying is: I have recognized the flaw you provided me. I did read what you had to say. Don't think I ignored you; I wouldn't. I just need more than that. Okay? And, I'm sorry about your other RP, I truly am, and I am more than willing to let you in. I just need you to show a bit more of what I need to see. You've got one flaw. A few more should be fine, and I don't want you making up any out of the blue. Just think about your character, and I'm sure they'll come to you :)

@@Tacoma

I guess I can forget about being in this.  I can't think of any more flaws to suit you, and since he's no fit for this RP, then neither am I.

I guess I can forget about being in this.  I can't think of any more flaws to suit you, and since he's no fit for this RP, then neither am I.

Dude, I'll be real with you. If it were up to me, I would reject you, not because of your character right now, but I'm not sure how much I appreciate your attitude. Starting with this tidbit: "I gave you the issue and you basically ignored it." You started off by accusing me, when I was just telling you what I needed in order to admit you. I didn't too much care for that. 

I said at the beginning, this was not a final decision. And, that hasn't registered. I just told you, I'm willing to work with you, all I needed were character flaws, and if you have none, then there are two things I can gather, 1.) You're not trying AND/OR 2.) Your character needs work. If you look at any story, or any real person, you will see they are flawed. And, "sometimes being mean" isn't really all too much of a flaw. 

The way you're approaching this is a little unsettling, it shows if you're willing to quit that easy, then...I don't know what to tell you. And, I won't try to either. From your little showing, I'm not questioning your character as I am you. 

Still...

I am willing to work with you, if you want. Yes or no, one time offer. 

Would love to have you along. :)

@@Tacoma

I'm so so sorry.  I guess I'm the Mary Sue of flaws, am I?

Okay, you can help me.  I'm not going to question it, but I dunno why someone would care to look at flaws.

I'm so so sorry.  I guess I'm the Mary Sue of flaws, am I?   Okay, you can help me.  I'm not going to question it, but I dunno why someone would care to look at flaws.

Here's why:

Do you want to read a story about the nicest man ever who is kind to everyone, always wins, gets his dream girl and always does right, and not to mention, he's good at everything. Why would I read that?

Obviously, your character isn't like that. I just need to know what flaws he has. Examples:

- He may be rude
- He may be clutzy
- He may not have any humor
- His humor may be the equivalet to Shaquille O'Neal's skin color
- He could be evil
- He could have some weird obsession
- Cynical

You could make him Courtney Love for all I care, but he needs flaws. Flaws are what makes characters real. 

@@Tacoma

Never did want the answer, just so you know.  :P

But he ain't the best at everything.  He tries to be the best that he can be.  But he's obsessed with trying to help others.  He wants so badly to help others that he makes too many mistakes, with attitudes and what he plans.

But he ain't the best at everything.  He tries to be the best that he can be.  But he's obsessed with trying to help others.  He wants so badly to help others that he makes too many mistakes, with attitudes and what he plans.

That's all I needed! And, if you're asking me. He's good to go! :) Thanks for your cooperation, and I appreciate it. So, just waiting on Corona and John 

@

​It seems to me you have a good OC there. Everything seems to be in order so far from what I've seen so far. Although, I will admit, your OC could use a bit of work. But don't worry. None of us are perfect, and we all have our own little slip ups here and there. So, this is what I want to happen here.

​As the DM, I oversee all new entries to the RP. And therefore, I believe the best course of action is to let you move around in the city and bit, and then evaluate you after a couple of posts. Of course, I'll be watching over them closely until I see fit for your full entry. Will that be ok with you? :)

(edited)

Fine by me.  I'll post as soon as I can.   :)

Where exactly do I start?

hiddly-ho Copper...

maxresdefault.jpg

you can start by your character arriving in bangcolt, be it through the front gates, or teleporting inside, or infinity other ways. whatever feels right. xD

Edited by P-Jay

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Ooh, ooh, can I join? I'll enter with my OC Raze. Link is in the sig.

Also, the backstory on there is kind of irrelevant, so don't pay attention to that.

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask